Author Topic: Did he really designed that wagen?  (Read 594 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Did he really designed that wagen?
« on: July 17, 2010, 10:51:59 PM »
Did he really designed it?

http://www.theblogofrecord.com/2010/04/03/hitler-reviews-volkswagen-prototype-with-ferdinand-porsche/

I read somewhere that it vas der juden who actually designed it.
.....Josef Ganz
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Did he really designed that wagen?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »
Did he really designed it?

http://www.theblogofrecord.com/2010/04/03/hitler-reviews-volkswagen-prototype-with-ferdinand-porsche/

I read somewhere that it vas der juden who actually designed it.
.....Josef Ganz

Yes, I do know the lore of VW and it is said that Hitler hired Porsche to design the VW bug... I still own a 1967 VW van and I used to have a 1964 model also..

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hitler_and_the_Volkswagon
Inspiration Strikes

Accroding to the Hitler Museum, Adolf Hitler created the first design of the Volkswagen, sketching out a small car while he sat at a restaurant in Munich in 1932. If it is authentic, the sketch is quite prescient.

(Caveat: I don't know how reliable the Hitler Museum is. Other websites use this sketch and credit Hitler, but I do not see it in the library's books about Volkswagen's history, so I'm suspicious.)

Every agrees that Hitler tasked Ferdinand "Ferry" Porsche with the design of his car. You can even read about it at Porsche's website. At that time--1933--one in five Americans had a car, but only one in fifty Germans did.

Porsche had just opened his own automotive design company when he was invited to meet with the new Chancellor of Germany--quite an honor. Hitler told Porsche he wanted a car that would seat a family of four, go up to 100 kilometers per hour, and get at least 14 kilometers per liter of gasoline.

Porsche agreed that it could be done. He wasn't sure that he could produce the car for the 1,000 reichmarks apiece that Hitler wanted, though. That price would make it even cheaper than Ford's most economical car. In fact, over the next few years Porsche traveled to the US to tour car factories, including several of Henry Ford's plants.

Histomobile gives more detail about the earlier designs behind the VW.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »
Hitler thought up the idea of a "People's Car" and commissioned Porsche to design it and oversee it being built.

His "dream" was that each and every family in the Reich would be able to afford and own their own Volkswagen.

JTF Members need to remember:  Germany was the most advanced nation in the world at that time -- in every sphere of activity -- science, engineering, art, medicine, music...

Hitler ordered the first superhighways in the world to be built also -- when our Armed Forces defeated Germany and saw the Autobahn for the first time, they were astonished.

Had Hitler not being a murderous psychotic maniac he likely would be considered one of the greatest world leaders in history, if only for the tremendous advances which took place under his leadership.

Rabbi Kahane spent a great deal of time discussing how it was the most advanced nation and people in the world which when frightened and impoverished committed the worst horrors against the Jews.   He often compared Germany in the 1920's/30's to the present day crisis in America, insisting that Americans are far more violent and far less civilized than their German counterparts of that time period; and warning American Jews what would inevitably occur here on our shores if and when the economy collapsed.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 09:18:26 AM »

Somehow I feel a 12 year old kid could have sketched that.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774