Author Topic: jdl4ever's diet: Don't eat breakfast  (Read 6953 times)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: jdl4ever's diet: Don't eat breakfast
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 05:56:31 PM »
Isn't Starbuck's coffee the best ever?  :)
I don't really drink coffee but their iced Frappacino is great. I drink it once or twice a week, so is that OK? Instead of breakfast...

Frappachinos are extremely fattining but i love them too. I spend at least half an hour sprinkling all those flavourings on top and then letting it last for the entire day......drinking it in the morning kills your throat though.

I've started selling coffee and tea at my school for real cheap, i started making so much money and was told i had to donate it to the school.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2007, 10:55:58 AM »
For the past 8 years I never ate any breakfast.  I just eat lunch and dinner and eat whatever I want, including hight carb and fatty foods.  I never gained any weight this way.  I think it's healthy to skip breakfast since I think it prevents diabetes and lets you eat whatever you want.  Who likes my idea? 

Why do you think it prevents diabetes?

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 09:25:25 AM »
I think it does is since adult onset diabetes is caused by insulin insensitivity where the receptors for insulin get overstimulated so they stop responding and that causes the pancreas to secrete more insulin to get the same effect, and eventually the pancreas is unable to produce enough insulin so your blood sugar rises and continues to rise causing diabetes since insulin stimulates glucose to be taken into your cells.  It is therefore logical to myself at least that if an individual consumes 2 large meals spaced far apart from each other instead of 3 meals spaced closely together, the insulin receptors will not get overstimulated since you are eating major meals less times a day, and less frequent.  So I think it prevents diabetes, but this is merely my own opinion and there is no evidence for or against my idea.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Allen-T

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 11:15:16 PM »
My favorite breakfast when I lived in Europe was one healthy scoop of Jitrnice[a oatmeal like stuff made from ground pork with garlic and seasoning], one scoop Jelitka[like Jitrnice but with different seasonings,barley and blood], some fresh dark rye bread, mustard,horseradish,pickles and 2 beers. Breakfast of champions!!! And all for about $2!!! Can't find it here,though.

I can see why it comes with the 2 beers it sounds spicy!
Allen-T, It seems like they make sausges out of that stuff. It made from the head of a pig.
http://www.recipe4all.com/recipe/Liver-Sausage-Jitrnice-Czech-5696/

http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=152124

http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Liver%20sausage%20(jitrnice)--czech

The last one has a link to a place in Brooklyn that sells the sausage.

Wow, thanks

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 06:14:56 AM »
I think it does is since adult onset diabetes is caused by insulin insensitivity where the receptors for insulin get overstimulated so they stop responding and that causes the pancreas to secrete more insulin to get the same effect, and eventually the pancreas is unable to produce enough insulin so your blood sugar rises and continues to rise causing diabetes since insulin stimulates glucose to be taken into your cells.  It is therefore logical to myself at least that if an individual consumes 2 large meals spaced far apart from each other instead of 3 meals spaced closely together, the insulin receptors will not get overstimulated since you are eating major meals less times a day, and less frequent.  So I think it prevents diabetes, but this is merely my own opinion and there is no evidence for or against my idea.

Interesting analysis.  I may not have absorbed all of this, but what causes the insuling receptors to get oversimulated?

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2007, 10:18:28 PM »
I never eat breakfast so you would think I would eat less calories however I eat big meals for my other two. :D

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2007, 10:31:44 PM »
I went off my no breakfast diet for a month since I woke up very early for work and was hungry and I gained some weight so I got to get back on my no breakfast diet to lose it. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2007, 12:27:08 PM »
I just saw this on msn.com:

It is not. Breakfast is in fact the most important meal of the day. Numerous studies have shown that eating first thing in the morning stabilises your blood sugar levels, while missing out on breakfast can lead to fatigue and poor concentration. Skipping breakfast also slows down your metabolism and makes it more likely that you turn to snacking.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2007, 02:41:15 PM »
But if you actually get used to not eating breakfast you don't have fatigue or poor concentration and don't snack before lunch. 

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2007, 07:47:26 PM »
It is therefore logical to myself at least that if an individual consumes 2 large meals spaced far apart from each other instead of 3 meals spaced closely together, the insulin receptors will not get overstimulated since you are eating major meals less times a day, and less frequent.  So I think it prevents diabetes, but this is merely my own opinion and there is no evidence for or against my idea.

are you sure about that? I know in the hospital we give 5 small meals a day to diabetic patients...
  all people are born with predisposition for different diseases and Diabetes Mellitus is one of them...if you watch for your calories intake, labs: especially Triglicerides who are known that if are high you are automatically predisposed for Diabetes) and if you are doing some exercises, you probably are spared of this incredible bad disease...
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2007, 08:25:23 PM »
I dont know about not eating breakfest, but on most days I drink Kifir or eat cottage cheese ( with this fruit gelly) in the mournings. When im in school I eat an apple or some other fruit for lunch, (but then eat some what more after a workout and at night- meat, bread etc.)
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2007, 09:58:04 PM »
It is therefore logical to myself at least that if an individual consumes 2 large meals spaced far apart from each other instead of 3 meals spaced closely together, the insulin receptors will not get overstimulated since you are eating major meals less times a day, and less frequent.  So I think it prevents diabetes, but this is merely my own opinion and there is no evidence for or against my idea.

are you sure about that? I know in the hospital we give 5 small meals a day to diabetic patients...
  all people are born with predisposition for different diseases and Diabetes Mellitus is one of them...if you watch for your calories intake, labs: especially Triglicerides who are known that if are high you are automatically predisposed for Diabetes) and if you are doing some exercises, you probably are spared of this incredible bad disease...

It's true!  I heard a rumor that you were also a medical student. 

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 10:28:39 PM »

no, I'm not a student anymore, I finished my medical school in Romania and I passed my Medical board exams (step 1 and step 2) for United States...hopefully I`ll get into Internal Medicine residency in 2008!

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2007, 10:39:09 PM »
It's nice to see that JTF has a small medical community...

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 04:45:20 AM »

There's a relationship between calorie intake and diabetes?

newman

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 04:54:37 AM »

no, I'm not a student anymore, I finished my medical school in Romania and I passed my Medical board exams (step 1 and step 2) for United States...hopefully I`ll get into Internal Medicine residency in 2008!

Wishing you well, Yasmine. :)

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2007, 01:39:13 PM »
@RationalThought110: yes there is a direct relationship between calories intake and Diabetes Adult type, especially if you eat a lot of white food ( white bread, rise, pasta, potatoes etc) and of course if you are predisposed , you have a lot of chance to get the disease...obesity is direct proportional with incidence of Diabetes...whats the solution? do exercises regularly (3 time a week is enought), eat a lot of vegetables (green food) and meat without fat (not to much oil, better eat boiled meat), do not use too much salt..
  @Newman: Thank you, very nice of you!!!

newman

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2007, 02:23:07 PM »
@RationalThought110: yes there is a direct relationship between calories intake and Diabetes Adult type, especially if you eat a lot of white food ( white bread, rise, pasta, potatoes etc) and of course if you are predisposed , you have a lot of chance to get the disease...obesity is direct proportional with incidence of Diabetes...whats the solution? do exercises regularly (3 time a week is enought), eat a lot of vegetables (green food) and meat without fat (not to much oil, better eat boiled meat), do not use too much salt..
  @Newman: Thank you, very nice of you!!!

You're most welcome, Yasmine. From what I hear about NYC's hospitals with third world staff they need all the 'human beings' they can get. :)

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2007, 11:11:08 PM »
Not a good idea. If you're going to skip a meal, skip lunch. Breakfast is very important. It's the meal that helps our metabolism, making it easier for the body to burn calories throughout the day.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 10:44:43 AM »
For the past 8 years I never ate any breakfast.  I just eat lunch and dinner and eat whatever I want, including hight carb and fatty foods.  I never gained any weight this way.  I think it's healthy to skip breakfast since I think it prevents diabetes and lets you eat whatever you want.  Who likes my idea? 
Who ever wants to loose his/hers health this is good way to do it ::)
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,