Author Topic: Rabbi Kahane speech at Thunderbird Motel 1988  (Read 864 times)

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Rabbi Kahane speech at Thunderbird Motel 1988
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:30:24 AM »
Full speech here:

One of the problems that we have is everyone has heard about Meir Kahane, but so few have heard Meir Kahane. Nothing that has happened in this area today to me has never happened in every other city. I came to debate, and I was met with defamation, and defamation is the last refuge of non-thinkers. People who cannot debate, who cannot answer, who cannot think - will call names.  The issues that I raise are issues that hold within them the very future of Israel, the very future of the Jewish people. Issues that have to be addressed, and whether one likes my answers or not, at least listen to the problem. And if you don't like my answer, the question that is posed to you is - what is your answer? and to say that you have no answer - is not an answer.

I watched on television some of the comments made by some of your local Rabbis, and one local leader, Morton Riwake. Morton Riwake is not a person - he's a concept. One finds Morton Riwake in every city. Jewish leaders who were chosen not for their scholarship, not for their knowledge and not for their Jewishness but for their money. Who babble about Jewish concepts; That Meir Kahane goes against Judaism - Your secular Jewish leaders in these Twin Cities wouldn't know Jewish concepts if they fell over one! What we're dealing with is the continuation of the Jewish leadership in this country which was so responsible in the 1940's for the death of so many Jews in the Holocaust, in their own way, in their own silence for the death of so many Jews in the Holocaust.

They dare to speak about Jewishness? about commitment to love of people? As early as 1942, 3 years before WWII ended, the American Jewish leadership knew that the Holocaust was taking place. That 12 thousand Jews were being murdered each and every single day. That the Jews of Hitler's Europe were appealing to them - to cry out, to shake the world. Demand that the Allies bomb the railroad lines leading to Auschwitz and the other death camps. To put the bridges and the rail lines out of commision, so in one day, 12 thousand Jews would be saved. And for 2 days, 24 thousand Jews would be saved. In a week, in 2 weeks... They shook the world? The Bnai Brith shook the world? The American Jewish Congress shook the world?

I remember these leaders. Had they marched to Washington, the same Jewish leaders who marched with Dr. Martin Luther King in the 1960's when the question wasn't Jewish lives - civil rights, which is an important issue, but it's not Jewish lives! The same ones who marched to every corner of the world in the 1960's did not march for Jewish lives in the 1940's. Had the Bnai Brith and the American Jewish Congress and the Committee and the Federations and JCRC closed shop for a day and lead 100,000 Jews to Washington to sit down on Pennsylvenia Avenue. They're opposed to violence? good, non-violence! What Dr. Martin Luther King did for his people! Sit down on Pennsylvenia Avenue, block traffic! Pound the asphalt and shout those Jewish chaints, shout "No we won't go, bomb Auschwitz!". They went to Washington? What would have happened had they done that? What could have happened had 100,000 Jews lead by Dr. Steven Wise and his wise men of Chelm, what if they would have gone to Washington and sat down, and the police said "get up or.."? what would have happened? they would have been arrested! So what? You're in and out, believe me, take it from me, you're in and out. But more important is that the next day every newspaper in the world would have had headlines stories: "Jewish leaders demand bombing of death camps" and they would have been bombed. They dare speak to me about love of Jews?!

Why didn't they do that? because they were terrified then as they are terrified today of "what will the Gentiles say?" - that's what paralyzed them then, and that's why these wimps got up and spoke to the Gentiles and said, "Kahane doesn't speak for us!", because G-D forbid what would the Gentiles say. What they don't realize is that the Gentiles agree with Kahane more than they agree with them.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:25:15 AM by Ron Ben Michael »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Rabbi Kahane speech in Thunderbird Motel 1988
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 01:44:34 AM »
Rabbi Kahane was right!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
Re: Rabbi Kahane speech at Thunderbird Motel 1988
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 06:01:46 AM »
His best speech on youtube. A must see.

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 07:40:07 AM »

This one is also very good and educational.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 06:23:40 PM »
And what Rabbi Kahane said then about certain Jewish leaders is still true today.