Author Topic: Bumper stickers are getting angrier  (Read 567 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Bumper stickers are getting angrier
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:51:59 PM »
Re:  "I didn't see one bumper sticker with Osama in a noose. "

Showing one constitutes a most serious felony and will get you arrested, at which point it's up to the Secret Service and FBI to assess whether to press charges and prosecute.

Even if they eventually let you go free, the incident will remain on the record and will follow you everywhere you go for the rest of your life.

Any and every time a politician is in your area, you will be placed under 24 hr. surveillance and watched very closely.

Good luck ever boarding an airliner again.

Such a thing "crosses the line" from a citizens' rights to legitimate dissent and protest, into the area of "Threatening a Federal Official", and trust me when I tell you that the trouble you will get in for owning, or displaying such "art" is very, very serious.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 06:56:20 AM »
Re:  "I didn't see one bumper sticker with Osama in a noose. "

Showing one constitutes a most serious felony and will get you arrested, at which point it's up to the Secret Service and FBI to assess whether to press charges and prosecute.

Even if they eventually let you go free, the incident will remain on the record and will follow you everywhere you go for the rest of your life.

Any and every time a politician is in your area, you will be placed under 24 hr. surveillance and watched very closely.

Good luck ever boarding an airliner again.

Such a thing "crosses the line" from a citizens' rights to legitimate dissent and protest, into the area of "Threatening a Federal Official", and trust me when I tell you that the trouble you will get in for owning, or displaying such "art" is very, very serious.

Sounds like you're speaking from experience... :o
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 07:53:45 AM »
A few years ago, I bought and used a bumper sticker that stated, "Only a sith deals in absolutes" with a picture of a wrinkly face and glowing eyes next to it. At first, it looks like Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious. But when you look closer, it's the face of Dubya :)