Author Topic: Catholic cleric Israel doesn't belong to the Jews  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Catholic cleric Israel doesn't belong to the Jews
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2010, 05:57:04 AM »
Catholics worship the Pope too?  :o  :D :disease:

I must be lapse in my faith.
I believe in and worship G-d.
I don't have faith in or worship symbols.
I don't worship a 'spiritual leader', or any person for that matter.

I must have a complete misunderstanding of how I should be observing my faith in G-d.  ???

People tend to assume bad things about Catholics when something like this happens without realizing that they are a very large group and have very different opinions from each other.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2010, 06:10:45 AM »
Catholics worship the Pope too?  :o  :D :disease:

I must be lapse in my faith.
I believe in and worship G-d.
I don't have faith in or worship symbols.
I don't worship a 'spiritual leader', or any person for that matter.

I must have a complete misunderstanding of how I should be observing my faith in G-d.  ???

People tend to assume bad things about Catholics when something like this happens without realizing that they are a very large group and have very different opinions from each other.
Well I must say I am relieved to read what Bullcat writes. I think most non Catholics think that Catholics see the Pope as some sort of divine figure which is "unable" to make mistakes.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2010, 07:26:44 AM »
im sure that after saying that BS, the cleric went and molested some more boys with his muslim friends,
Was Israel responsible for this   

Your question doesn't make any sense to me.  How is Israel responsible for what Arafat y"s and the PLO did in Lebanon?    Back then, Israel was fighting against the PLO-in-lebanon.   And in any case, if Arafat y's and other muslim nazis did something, they are responsible, not Israel.   

Lebanese nazis just want to blame Israel for everything.    The lebanese nazis blame Israel because the lebanese decided to put fakestinian nazis into refugee camps and don't like the fakestinian vermin being in their country.   So in their warped minds that's Israel's fault for making the vermin flee.
It was rhetorical and sarcastic of course Israel wasn't responsible
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 07:34:57 AM »
Well look who came up with this idea     [quote]U.S. archbishop Cyril Salim Bustros, a Lebanese native who heads the commission that issued the Synod statement, told reporters,[/quote]
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2010, 07:41:40 AM »
It's painful to see the Catholic Church putting political-correctness before the teachings of Christ. Nowhere in the Bible does it say Christ invalidated Israel being for the Jews. I'm sure what they're doing is trying to prevent war with Islam and they're selling out the Jews to do it.

But then again, corruptedness of the Catholic Church(the hierarchy, not individual catholics) is why protestants broke away in the first place.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2010, 09:07:04 AM »
It's painful to see the Catholic Church putting political-correctness before the teachings of Christ. Nowhere in the Bible does it say Christ invalidated Israel being for the Jews. I'm sure what they're doing is trying to prevent war with Islam and they're selling out the Jews to do it.

But then again, corruptedness of the Catholic Church(the hierarchy, not individual catholics) is why protestants broke away in the first place.

Actually I head this from a Christian before. According to that theory there is no chosen people according to the NT... This was the response I was told when I said that the Jews were called Devils in the NT... That Jews are no longer the chosen people so thus the Jews today are not related to the Jews that killed the crust...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2010, 09:13:30 AM »
I've never heard it before, and frankly I don't believe you heard it before either. I think you're lying to prove a point. I don't believe you because you've made it quite clear you don't believe in hearing what Christianity has to say because it is idol worship. Why should anyone believe you sat down and listened to the Christian position on anything?
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2010, 09:39:08 AM »
Actually I head this from a Christian before. According to that theory there is no chosen people according to the NT... This was the response I was told when I said that the Jews were called Devils in the NT... That Jews are no longer the chosen people so thus the Jews today are not related to the Jews that killed the crust...
This isn't the NT position, so whoever told you this had poor theology.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 10:15:09 AM »
There is a doctrine known as replacement theology Muman, but it's only one opinion within Christianity and I think nearly all of the Christians that would come to a board like this would strongly disagree with that. I don't believe that anyone has replaced the Jews or taken over their place in God's plans.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »

Muman that Christian is very ignorant as a Jew and not even a Christian i know that the Christian Testament mentions that Christians are a branch that are grafted onto Judaism the tree.Thats as far as it goes.

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »
Actually my friend asked two christian priests about this. These priests were telling her the official church position. I have found a reference to this belief on Jews for Judaism antimissionary site...

http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=343:just-say-know-what-qreal-christiansq-believe-about-jews-&catid=27:missionary-groups--tactics-and-responses&Itemid=504

Just Say Know: What "Real Christians" Believe about Jews

Try this: Ask any fundamentalist Christian why his/her spiritual forebears launched the Inquisition, the Crusades, or the Holocaust. 10 out of 10 will retort, "Those weren't real Christians. Real Christians love the Jews and wouldn't do that." So, what then, do "real Christians" believe about Jews?
written by  Mark W. Sanders

Try this: Ask any fundamentalist Christian why his/her spiritual forebears launched the Inquisition, the Crusades, or the Holocaust. 10 out of 10 will retort, "Those weren't real Christians. Real Christians love the Jews and wouldn't do that." So, what then, do "real Christians" believe about Jews?

As a former fundamentalist minister, I know the answers intimately. I spent years living by one imperative: Preach the Gospel (personal salvation through faith in Christ) to the ends of the earth (to all people everywhere), as outlined in Matthew 28:18. Through this enterprise, I believed that Christians would eventually trigger the second coming of Christ, who could not return to earth till all had heard the Gospel, till the last home and hamlet had been reached. This is the ultimate responsibility of all real Christians (Matthew 24:14). Ask them. They will tell you. Otherwise, they are not truly "Bible believing."

Real Christians affirm that all non-believers are lost. Each must repent or reject in response to hearing the Good News. Paul of Tarsus, who wrote at least 13 of the 27 books of the New Testament, refined the focus, saying "the gospel . . . is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile." (Romans 1:16)

Many missions to Jews use this text to validate their outreach. For them, the conversion of the Jew is the top priority in world evangelism. While all souls are important, Jews are most important. Paul hints at a day when the Jews will respond: "Israel has experienced a hardening in part (by rejecting Christ) until the full number of Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved . . ." (Romans 11:26). I myself used these passages in raising funds to evangelize Jewish souls (may G-d forgive me).

Real Christians have a love-hate relationship toward the Jews. While believing the original Hebrew Scriptures to be the infallible and inspired word of God, they also believe the New Testament to be equally, though superceedingly, inspired. This includes Paul's words in which he calls Jews "the enemies of the Gospel." But Paul explains that this had to happen for God's acceptance to be extended to the Gentiles.

Using an olive tree to represent "the people of God," Paul says the natural, cultivated branches (the Jews) were broken off so that wild branches (the Gentiles) could be grafted in. He adds that Jews who come to faith in Christ can be regrafted and thus there will be one reconstituted people of God (Romans 11:17-24).

So, real Christians believe that Jews and Gentiles should become one people, one community of faith. Paul explains "the mystery of Christ . . . is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharing together in the promise in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 3:6). Can you say a-s-s-i-m-i-l-a-t-i-o-n?

Real Christians believe they have replaced the Jews as the chosen people. Peter, one of Jesus' closest disciples, wrote "you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God" (I Peter 2:9). All of these terms were used exclusively of ancient Israel. Look at Exodus 19:5, 6. The borrowing, the redefining, and the conclusions are obvious -- and ominous, as we shall see.

Real Christians believe the Torah is null: "Christ is the mediator of a new covenant that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, now that he has died to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant" (Hebrews 9:15) Real Christians regard observance of the Torah as an impossibly futile exercise. The only value of the Torah is to teach us all that we couldn't keep God's standard and thus needed a savior to rescue us from the penalty of falling short of it.

Lest you think these are harmless theological sound bites, consider the applications of these views. To real Christians, the Jews are currently in a state of spiritual blindness and rebellion and subject to the wrath of God. (An unfortunate percentage believe the Holocaust was a payback for the Jews' role in the crucifixion.) Jews do have value as the former harbingers of God's justice and righteousness, but today they must be absorbed into Christendom to find their real identity. Star Trek fans will discern a Borg-like parallelism in this. (I shudder to think how I contributed to it.)

Over the last 20 years, a multi-million dollar assimilation movement has evolved internationally to woo, win, entice, beguile, or ensnare the secularized Jew, the unaffiliated Jew, the biblically illiterate Jew, the disillusioned Jew. In my church of several thousand members, we had some 600 Jews. I once observed that many of them were not well-adjusted psychologically or emotionally. They had not found a secure place amongst their own families and communities. However, amongst the Christians, each could be a minor celebrity. A converted Jew was awarded special significance; s/he was the fulfillment of the ultimate Christian mitzvah. Looking back, I recall that not one of those 600 converts was from a truly Orthodox Jewish home. Coincidence?

While many fundamentalist Christian leaders express contrition for the historical abuses of Jews, their baseline objective has not shifted: Bring the Jews to faith in Christ by any and all means. These include establishing messianic "shuls" with free Passover seders and high holy day services, sponsoring massive literature mailings to Russian immigrants in Israel, printing "Jewish New Testaments," holding high visibility street and campus rallies to attract vulnerable Jewish youth, and promoting special "Jewish" youth camps with an emphasis on messianic music and Bible study. One leader I know raised money to put up billboards in Orthodox neighborhoods saying only "Isaiah 53," then changing to read "Jesus" after a few weeks. They actually believe such activities will inspire a spiritual shift in Jew's allegiance and affiliation.

Southern California is home to high profile evangelists who have raised millions of dollars to "improve" Jewish/Christian/Israel relations, including Orange County's Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel and Paul and Jan Crouch of the Trinity Broadcasting Network. This has involved grandiose philanthropy for Jewish and Israeli projects, massive "Christian Zionist" tours to Israel, as well as carefully cultivated meetings with Israel's top leaders. But from my own personal dealings with these and other groups, I guarantee that all talk of "understanding, support, and reconciliation towards the Jews" is a siren's song. All of these people are unflinchingly committed to evangelize the Jews. Jesus warned of wolves in sheep's clothing. Gucci couldn't have designed a better fit.

There's a darker side to this. I spoke with a wealthy, well-connected Newport Beach "real Christian" who told me "the Jews of today are not Jews at all. They are really Edomites, descended from Esau. They don't practice Judaism. They practice Talmudism. The real Jews are the descendants of the Northern Europeans, who originally were dispersed from ancient Israel by the Assyrians and Babylonians." Not surprisingly, he also informed me that the Holocaust was "a mega-myth, choreographed by those clever Edomite-Jews who are really part of the subhuman mud races." While this man's views are not mainstream, they are increasingly in popularity.

Today's Jews are a spiritual anachronism for real Christians. The fundamentalist theo-political agenda has no room for pluralism or tolerant co-existence with people of divergent views. You are in or out, saved or lost, redeemed or damned. All non-Christians are in darkness and need a savior. All non-Christians must hear the message of salvation. Belief in that imperative keeps the money flowing to fulfill the Great Commission to reach all the world. This is a passionate point of no compromise for all real Christians, who claim to be 40+ million strong in America. When seen for what it is, however, their zeal includes the spiritual extinction of today's Jews.

How is that any different than the evils done 50, 500, or 1,000 years ago? As one who engaged in it in this generation, I soberly submit, it's not. Perhaps the real Christians could love us a little less and pursue justice a little more?

Mark Sanders is a former Pentecostal, fundamentalist minister who engaged in missionary activity in Israel, working in kibbutzim and the Israeli public school system. In the process of mastering Hebrew, he began to see many serious inconsistencies and errors in the Christian Bible. His studies of Tanakh persuaded him to rethink & eventually resign from his Christian views of the Bible. Now an observant Jew, Mark is the Outreach Director of the Los Angeles office of Jews for Judaism.

Im just saying that many Churches today teach that the Jews todafy are not the chosen people... At least two churches in my local area were asked about this and said the same thing...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2010, 11:53:51 AM »
Most fundamentalist Christians are no more real Christians than reform Jews are real Jews. To use a comparison that you should be able to understand.

If a Christian would a) go to Israel to missionize b) think Christians are, basically, the new Jews c) think the Jews are actually Edomites(lol?) then they are in a very small, ridiculous minority. Not that you care or believe us though because you get your information from biased websites.

Mostly, this article is insane and most Christians would be wondering what any of that nonsense is. I know I am. It's no wonder this fellow converted to Judaism seeing as he doesn't seem to know much about Christianity. He reminds me of the Fred Phelps-style wacky fundamentalist churches.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2010, 12:22:09 PM »
Most fundamentalist Christians are no more real Christians than reform Jews are real Jews. To use a comparison that you should be able to understand.

If a Christian would a) go to Israel to missionize b) think Christians are, basically, the new Jews c) think the Jews are actually Edomites(lol?) then they are in a very small, ridiculous minority. Not that you care or believe us though because you get your information from biased websites.

Mostly, this article is insane and most Christians would be wondering what any of that nonsense is. I know I am. It's no wonder this fellow converted to Judaism seeing as he doesn't seem to know much about Christianity. He reminds me of the Fred Phelps-style wacky fundamentalist churches.

I think this article is quite valid.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2010, 12:31:27 PM »
Vatican is satanist organization and it has nothing to do with Christianity(Messianism).It is fallen organization of homosexuals,pedophiles and killers.They are the biggest source of hatred toward Jewish people in last 1000 years.Their so called "theology"(which is masked ideology of satanism) have led to bringing Hitler on power and extermination of Jews in Europe and all those who didn't want to bow down to their satanism(including my people).

In the Book of Daniel there is mentioned "little horn" who is going to change the Laws,change the times,cancel the tamid(sacrifice).
Vatican has ejected G-d's 2nd commandment from the Bible which states that it is forbidden to bow down and worship anything but the Lord(that's changing the Laws), hole World uses their - Roman calendar which is heliocentric(changing "the times" in order not to understand G-d's prophecies correctly) and the tamid does not exist-canceled.
History tells us more what they have done and what kind of organization it is, and the present could also tell us if we remove the dirt in our eyes.

Here is the oath of rulling Jesuit Order in Vatican and how they initiate their members into higher levels:

Superior speaks:

My son, heretofore you have been taught to act the dissembler: among Roman Catholics to be a Roman Catholic, and to be a spy even among your own brethren; to believe no man, to trust no man. Among the Reformers, to be a reformer; among the Huguenots, to be a Huguenot; among the Calvinists, to be a Calvinist; among other Protestants, generally to be a Protestant, and obtaining their confidence, to seek even to preach from their pulpits, and to denounce with all the vehemence in your nature our Holy Religion and the Pope; and even to descend so low as to become a Jew among Jews, that you might be enabled to gather together all information for the benefit of your Order as a faithful soldier of the Pope.

You have been taught to insidiously plant the seeds of jealousy and hatred between communities, provinces, states that were at peace, and incite them to deeds of blood, involving them in war with each other, and to create revolutions and civil wars in countries that were independent and prosperous, cultivating the arts and the sciences and enjoying the blessings of peace. To take sides with the combatants and to act secretly with your brother Jesuit, who might be engaged on the other side, but openly opposed to that with which you might be connected, only that the Church might be the gainer in the end, in the conditions fixed in the treaties for peace and that the end justifies the means.

You have been taught your duty as a spy, to gather all statistics, facts and information in your power from every source; to ingratiate yourself into the confidence of the family circle of Protestants and heretics of every class and character, as well as that of the merchant, the banker, the lawyer, among the schools and universities, in parliaments and legislatures, and the judiciaries and councils of state, and to be all things to all men, for the Pope's sake, whose servants we are unto death.

You have received all your instructions heretofore as a novice, a neophyte, and have served as co-adjurer, confessor and priest, but you have not yet been invested with all that is necessary to command in the Army of Loyola in the service of the Pope. You must serve the proper time as the instrument and executioner as directed by your superiors; for none can command here who has not consecrated his labors with the blood of the heretic; for "without the shedding of blood no man can be saved." Therefore, to fit yourself for your work and make your own salvation sure, you will, in addition to your former oath of obedience to your order and allegiance to the Pope, repeat after me---
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:43:23 PM by Kerber »

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »
"1, _ now, in the presence of Almighty God, the Blessed Virgin Mary, the blessed Michael the Archangel, the blessed St. John the Baptist, the holy Apostles St. Peter and St. Paul and all the saints and sacred hosts of heaven, and to you, my ghostly father, the Superior General of the Society of Jesus, founded by St. Ignatius Loyola in the Pontificate of Paul the Third, and continued to the present, do by the womb of the virgin, the matrix of God, and the rod of Jesus Christ, declare and swear, that his holiness the Pope is Christ's Vice-regent and is the true and only head of the Catholic or Universal Church throughout the earth; and that by virtue of the keys of binding and loosing, given to his Holiness by my Savior, Jesus Christ, he hath power to depose heretical kings, princes, states, commonwealths and governments, all being illegal without his sacred confirmation and that they may safely be destroyed. Therefore, to the utmost of my power I shall and will defend this doctrine of his Holiness' right and custom against all usurpers of the heretical or Protestant authority whatever, especially the Lutheran of Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and the now pretended authority and churches of England and Scotland, and branches of the same now established in Ireland and on the Continent of America and elsewhere; and all adherents in regard that they be usurped and heretical, opposing the sacred Mother Church of Rome. I do now renounce and disown any allegiance as due to any heretical king, prince or state named Protestants or Liberals, or obedience to any of the laws, magistrates or officers.

I do further declare that the doctrine of the churches of England and Scotland, of the Calvinists, Huguenots and others of the name Protestants or Liberals to be damnable and they themselves damned who will not forsake the same.

I do further declare, that I will help, assist, and advise all or any of his Holiness' agents in any place wherever I shall be, in Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, England, Ireland or America, or in any other Kingdom or territory I shall come to, and do my uttermost to extirpate the heretical Protestants or Liberals' doctrines and to destroy all their pretended powers, regal or otherwise.

I do further promise and declare, that notwithstanding I am dispensed with, to assume my religion heretical, for the propaganda of the Mother Church's interest, to keep secret and private all her agents' counsels from time to time, as they may entrust me and not to divulge, directly or indirectly, by word, writing or circumstance whatever; but to execute all that shall be proposed, given in charge or discovered unto me, by you, my ghostly father, or any of this sacred covenant.

I do further promise and declare, that I will have no opinion or will of my own, or any mental reservation whatever, even as a corpse or cadaver (perinde ac cadaver), but will unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may receive from my superiors in the Militia of the Pope and of Jesus Christ.

That I may go to any part of the world withersoever I may be sent, to the frozen regions of the North, the burning sands of the desert of Africa, or the jungles of India, to the centers of civilization of Europe, or to the wild haunts of the barbarous savages of America, without murmuring or repining, and will be submissive in all things whatsoever communicated to me.

I furthermore promise and declare that I will, when opportunity present, make and wage relentless war, secretly or openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Liberals, as I am directed to do, to extirpate and exterminate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex or condition; and that I will hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive these infamous heretics, rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women and crush their infants' heads against the walls, in order to annihilate forever their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly, I will secretly use the poisoned cup, the strangulating cord, the steel of the poniard or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honor, rank, dignity, or authority of the person or persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agent of the Pope or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Faith, of the Society of Jesus.

In confirmation of which, I hereby dedicate my life, my soul and all my corporal powers, and with this dagger which I now receive, I will subscribe my name written in my own blood, in testimony thereof; and should I prove false or weaken in my determination, may my brethren and fellow soldiers of the Militia of the Pope cut off my hands and my feet, and my throat from ear to ear, my belly opened and sulphur burned therein, with all the punishment that can be inflicted upon me on earth and my soul be tortured by demons in an eternal hell forever!

All of which, I, _, do swear by the Blessed Trinity and blessed Sacraments, which I am now to receive, to perform and on my part to keep inviolable; and do call all the heavenly and glorious host of heaven to witness the blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist, and witness the same further with my name written and with the point of this dagger dipped in my own blood and sealed in the face of this holy covenant."

(He receives the wafer from the Superior and writes his name with the point of his dagger dipped in his own blood taken from over his heart.)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »
Let's try not to fight with each other anymore. I know that it can be tempting to try to hash out all our differences but we don't really have the luxury of doing that anymore right now.  

The Jews and Christians obviously believe very different things, but there's no reason we can't move beyond that and work together.

It was my Christian family that taught me to like Jews. Many people believe the same way I do. I don't think you should turn away friends who come here to help, when the world is full of anti-Semites of all kinds.

Let's defeat that Muslim pig Obama!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 12:45:45 PM »
Once on a maryland radio show, on the conservative station that plays rush limbaugh and hannity, on one of the evening shows with some nobody, I listened on the way home from work.  They brought up the Pope Benedict and the church's credibility.  This was a few years ago when the child molesting controversy was really heated up (I forget what had prompted that particular increase in awareness or focus on the issue at that time) -  The pope was about to visit America.
They asked the listeners - What can the Pope say or do to re-establish credibility for the church?  Ie - should he admit guilt with how they handled the pedofiles, say sorry, etc?

One caller said the Pope should stop supporting the destruction of Israel by calling for the formation of a PLO terrorist state.  Then he'll have credibility.    The host was totally incredulous.  He said "what?!   The pope doesn't support terrorists how can you say that?"     The caller said something like "He called for the formation of a 'Palestinian state' which would be led by PLO terrorists and designed to destroy Israel."    The host hung up on the guy and said something back like, "Oh come on, The Pope has called for peace in the middle east, he does not support terrorists and he supports the two-state solution because that will bring peace, he is against the violence there"  

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2010, 12:51:57 PM »
KWRBT, I can barely listen to regular "conservative" talk radio anymore, because JTF is so right wing that it sort of spoiled it for me (in a good way though). That talk show host was just uninformed and ignorant.

Most people don't understand these issues very well. Consider the fact that to most people, George W. Bush is considered an arch conservative right winger. On JTF we would still consider him to be a leftist who was anti-Israel.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 01:08:12 PM »
Let's try not to fight with each other anymore. I know that it can be tempting to try to hash out all our differences but we don't really have the luxury of doing that anymore right now.  

The Jews and Christians obviously believe very different things, but there's no reason we can't move beyond that and work together.

It was my Christian family that taught me to like Jews. Many people believe the same way I do. I don't think you should turn away friends who come here to help, when the world is full of anti-Semites of all kinds.

Your family taught you well, but as Jews we're tired of hearing these Christian clergy spout off their bulllshittt.  They can shove it!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 01:11:26 PM »

Your family taught you well, but as Jews we're tired of hearing these Christian clergy spout off their bulllshittt.  They can shove it!

I hear what you are saying. But our Rabbis have been caught saying some things which can be taken as provocation against others... I think at this time we should not bear any anger over this. To me this was not news...

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 01:39:21 PM »
Please understand there are many different streams and regional versions of Christianity. There are far more denominations than there are in Judaism. What is normal in one area is likely very different than in another. In the case of this synod, it was mostly made of middle-eastern clerics who are a bunch of stinky arabs. We all know most arab so-called Christians are really arabist racist drek who agree with their muslim brothers on almost everything. If you look at Judaism you will see the more liberal sects like reform/reconstructionist are virtually divested from Israel and have many self-haters who support the arabs.

There are many regional differences on many issues. For instance in North America many Christian churches are becoming more liberal and tolerant of homosexuality while newer churches in Asia, Africa or South America are vehemently against it.

Quoting a fundamentalist pentacostal minister(I know many who would say pentacostals aren't really Christians because of their odd practices) and saying this is proof of what a "real Christian" thinks is about as fair as quoting rabbi Michael Lerner and using him as an example of true Judaism.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »

I get tired of it too. It's very embarassing when there are people saying those kinds of things. I'm not a Catholic and I don't really think what they say reflects on anyone else. I know there have been some real retards in all kinds of different denominations. I don't identify with any kind of hateful statements against Judaism. I've even had Catholic family members on my dad's side, but they never said anything about Jews in a bad way either.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2010, 02:24:02 PM »

I get tired of it too. It's very embarassing when there are people saying those kinds of things. I'm not a Catholic and I don't really think what they say reflects on anyone else. I know there have been some real retards in all kinds of different denominations. I don't identify with any kind of hateful statements against Judaism. I've even had Catholic family members on my dad's side, but they never said anything about Jews in a bad way either.

Thanks for understanding!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »
You're welcome. I hope people realize that it's also frustrating for Christians to see these kinds of statements.