Author Topic: Kahane Memorial on Nov 7th in NYC  (Read 826 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Kahane Memorial on Nov 7th in NYC
« on: October 30, 2010, 11:59:51 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/140343

Remembering Rabbi Kahane in New York

by Maayana Miskin
Follow Israel news on  and .

A gathering will be held in New York on Sunday, November 7, to remember former Israeli MK Rabbi Meir Kahane, who was assassinated 20 years ago.  Rabbi Kahane was born in America and spent the first part of his adult life there, fighting for the rights of Soviet Jews, and for the right of American Jews to self-defense.

The memorial, in a West Side synagogue, will include speeches from Helen Freedman of Americans for a Safe Israel, Assemblyman Dov Hikind, and Mordechai Dzikansky, a former NYPD homicide investigator and intelligence officer who recently wrote the book Terrorist Cop: The NYPD Jewish Cop Who Traveled the World to Stop Terrorists.

The free event will also include music composed by Cecelia Margules and Rami Yadid.

Rabbi Meir Kahane is most known in Israel as the founder of Kach, a now-banned Knesset faction that proposed that Israel annex Judea, Samaria, and Gaza and insisted that all non-Jews either swear loyalty to the Jewish state or leave. The Knesset created a new law in 1988 in order to ban Kach on the grounds of racism, just as polls were predicting that the party would grow dramatically in the next elections.

In America, Rabbi Kahane was known for his activism, including the establishment of the Jewish Defense League (JDL). He was also very active on behalf of Soviet Jews, who faced anti-Semitism and were not allowed to leave the USSR. He faced prison time on multiple occasions for refusing to end his aggressive campaign against the Soviets.

Rabbi Kahane was murdered in New York City in 1990, shortly after speaking to an audience of American Jews about the importance of aliyah (immigration to Israel). His killer was Egyptian-born El-Sayid Nosair.

His son Binyamin Kahane created the Kahane Chai (“Kahane lives”) movement, which was also banned. Binyamin Kahane and his wife Talya were murdered by terrorists in 2000 as they were driving home to their six children. Rabbi Kahane is survived by his wife Libby, three other children, and grandchildren.

In Israel, Rabbi Kahane was remembered this week by nationalist activists Itamar Ben-Gvir and Baruch Marzel with a rally in the Arab city of Umm el-Fahm.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: Kahane Memorial on Nov 7th in NYC
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 12:18:10 AM »
Mordechai Dzikansky, a former NYPD homicide investigator and intelligence officer who recently wrote the book Terrorist Cop: The NYPD Jewish Cop Who Traveled the World to Stop Terrorists.

Has anyone here read this book?  It sounds like it might be good.  8)
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 12:59:45 AM »
I wouldn't trust it without Chaim's endorsment. Most books on Kahane are not good with a few exceptions
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 11:22:22 AM »
I Would like to go to this.  How can I find out where it is being held?  If anyone knows can they please pm me.  If anyone from JTF wants to meet up there, I would be game.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 09:41:50 PM »
Park Place and West Broadway. "Ground Zero"

Sunday, November 7 · 4:30pm - 7:30pm

David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 02:55:01 AM »
I wouldn't trust it without Chaim's endorsment. Most books on Kahane are not good with a few exceptions

But this book is about a Jewish NYPD cop who hunted down terrorists and not Rav Kahane, no?
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 06:56:56 AM »
Park Place and West Broadway. "Ground Zero"

Sunday, November 7 · 4:30pm - 7:30pm

Thanks David for the information!