Author Topic: Will Obama take credit for the accomplishments of a Republican congress?  (Read 759 times)

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
Obama stated that he's going to "work" with the new Republican congress.  I think the economy is going to improve like it did in 1994 when Clinton faced a new Republican Congress.  Back then Clinton went along with the Republican congress to give the public the idea he was improving the economy and thus he got re-elected.  The danger here is Obama may do the same.  The Republican congress is going to drastically cut taxes and promote much more capitalism, greatly improving the economy, and Obama can get the credit for it.  If Obama goes along with this congress on everything, it could make him look good and get him re-elected.  If Obama goes against them and fights with them it could hurt his chances greatly IMO.  Is Obama going to go with the flow or stand against the tide here?  Also if Obama keeps making statements like he did about the ground zero mosque and Guantanamo Bay, that could sink his chances, so I hope he doesn't keep his mouth shut about these things.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Will Obama take credit for the accomplishments of a Republican congress?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 03:25:25 PM »
Obama stated that he's going to "work" with the new Republican congress.  I think the economy is going to improve like it did in 1994 when Clinton faced a new Republican Congress.  Back then Clinton went along with the Republican congress to give the public the idea he was improving the economy and thus he got re-elected.  The danger here is Obama may do the same.  The Republican congress is going to drastically cut taxes and promote much more capitalism, greatly improving the economy, and Obama can get the credit for it.  If Obama goes along with this congress on everything, it could make him look good and get him re-elected.  If Obama goes against them and fights with them it could hurt his chances greatly IMO.  Is Obama going to go with the flow or stand against the tide here?  Also if Obama keeps making statements like he did about the ground zero mosque and Guantanamo Bay, that could sink his chances, so I hope he doesn't keep his mouth shut about these things.

Yes and no.  The economy will NOT improve the same way.  It may even get worse.  Things arent the same as they were back in the 90's.  However, there will be an improvement in the deficit and spending, which he WILL take credit for.  (Just like CLinton did)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 03:26:46 PM »

Agree.  another term for hussein obama.  all the congressional seats lost by democrats were a sacrifice to him.
aka Someone Else

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »
obama will blame the new republican congress on his failed term as president.  He will say that they refused to implement in agenda and that their "divisiveness" spoiled his efforts in washington (even though they weren't around in the first half of his term!).

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 10:14:29 PM »
obama will blame the new republican congress on his failed term as president.  He will say that they refused to implement in agenda and that their "divisiveness" spoiled his efforts in washington (even though they weren't around in the first half of his term!).

I could not agree more! I don't see this country improving at all UNLESS industry comes back. It is ALL in China or Mexico thanks to NAFTA and greed.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 10:21:28 PM »
Obama would take credit for the sun rising each day if he though people would believe him.  :::D
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein