Author Topic: What do you think about the new look?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
What do you think about the new look?
« on: January 09, 2011, 03:00:41 AM »
Hello,

I just logged on tonight and immediately noticed the 'new-look' of the site...

It will take a little while for me to get accustomed to this new look.. At the moment I am not sure if I entirely like it. But I'm sure it will grow on me... Unfortunately I find the new font more difficult to read. There must be a setting somewhere to set the font options... I will look into the options.

I am wondering what others think of this.

What other new features does this upgrade offer?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Re: What do you think about the new look?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 03:32:57 AM »
What I like the most is the new JewsForHuckabee.com link takes you to the Main Page of the JTF site.        Thanks,   Shlomo and Chaim!       I definitely believe JTF took a major step in the growth process as a result!
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 03:38:20 AM »
If you prefer the other look, I have enabled everyone to choose what they like most.

Simply go to your Profile and choose Look and Layout Preferences (or click this link)

At the top, you can change your current theme.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 04:27:26 AM »
I am loving the new look ... The new look is great, much more modern and easier to read and find things.
Thanks Sholmo!

:serbia: :israel:

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 04:54:05 AM »
I'm going to stick with the new look and if I don't like it I'll go back to the old look. But I love the Jews for Hukckabee link to the main page. And on the main page you can comment I love that too. Shlomo is a genious
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 05:39:26 AM »
I miss the little Kach stars , It was cute!
I like the overall look though , im not to crazy about the orange , I prefer blue lol.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 05:46:39 AM »
If you prefer the other look, I have enabled everyone to choose what they like most.

Simply go to your Profile and choose Look and Layout Preferences (or click this link)

I can only change the smiley set, I see no option of choosing themes.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 05:53:02 AM »
It think it looks great and I don't usually like change.

We really needed the forum to be 'updated'.
I think it will be a draw to new visitors to not find a 'standard' looking forum.
Thanks for all your hardwork, Shlomo.

It's funny.
I, actually, find it easier on the eyes.  Maybe it's the color scheme.   I like it.
That's coming from someone that needs to take a trip to the eye doctor for reading glasses. :(

It's nice that people can choose the way they view the forum though.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 05:59:07 AM »
I had to zoom in more to be able to read it easily because the text is smaller. Other than that it's nice.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 06:04:35 AM »
It was shocking for a few seconds.  But I like it.

I also miss the Kach stars as well.  :fist:

I'm not sure if I will stick with this type of look, or revert to the oldschool look like Shlomo said is possible.

Big ups for making things happen!
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 06:13:31 AM »
Wow!! I thought i was in the wrong place :::D  I liked our old format however after looking around on this one for a while I see that it its quite an improvement... I am checking it out on my older system with a CRT monitor and also on my wide screen laptop and it looks great on both systems... The CRT display needed to have the text enlarged but after I did that it's very easy on the eyes...I also like that the link at the top of the page now brings us to the JTF home page... Great work Shlomo and Chaim the forum looks great.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 07:46:39 AM »
Wow this looks great! It will take some time getting used to but I'm loving it already. Great work Shlomo!
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 08:10:26 AM »
I feel like on I'm the orange planet. Turn off the lights!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 08:49:58 AM »
I feel like on I'm the orange planet. Turn off the lights!
Oh now Dr. Dan it actually makes the forum look more alive... I am very resistant to change myself... To this day whenever I get into a car where the dash panel lights up anything  other then green or clear light I turn down the display... How some people can drive with the red or yellow display in their face is something I don't understand... Shlomo must have worked very hard to make the forum look this great...It took me a few moments to get use to the new look but I must say again I think its just great... It is actually one of the most attractive forums now that I have ever come across...The blue was ok but it's had it's day...We need to have a forum that stands out from the rest... Once you have spent a few minutes with the new format you won't want to go back to the original one.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 08:57:15 AM »
I like it... I just have to get used to the new color scheme!

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 09:19:32 AM »
I miss the little Kach stars , It was cute!
I like the overall look though , im not to crazy about the orange , I prefer blue lol.

Me too. The orange color is too bright.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 09:31:45 AM »
It looks amazing on the iPhone

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 10:00:42 AM »
it may take a day or two.  However, I don't think orange shows as well as the previous collar (already forgot what it was). I think darker print is easier to read than lighter colored print.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 10:32:26 AM »
it may take a day or two.  However, I don't think orange shows as well as the previous collar (already forgot what it was). I think darker print is easier to read than lighter colored print.

I'm not used to seeing the color, orange. It really hurts my eyes. Blue would be a much better color.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 11:15:47 AM »

Awesome!   Choice is always the best way.   I'm going to try this out for a while and see how I like it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 11:19:48 AM »
However, I concur with Zelhar, it seems the only option to change is for smiley type.   

Also, I have to agree with some others that we might want to select a blue color instead of the orange.  It is a little tough on the eyes.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 11:37:15 AM »
The new look is certainly pretty.  However, the color of the text is gray, rather than black which makes it a little more difficult to read. 

Anyway, thank you for you do for JTF, Shlomo.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 12:07:41 PM »

I have adjusted the fonts a little and made it larger. I think this should be better.

If you prefer the old theme, it is there.

Search for where it says "Current Theme: Forum or Board Default (change)" and you want to click on the word "change".

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »
It may take a few days to get use to but I like it
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »

I have adjusted the fonts a little and made it larger. I think this should be better.

If you prefer the old theme, it is there.

Search for where it says "Current Theme: Forum or Board Default (change)" and you want to click on the word "change".

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments!

For some reason I'm not finding that option.  It's under the same screen where you can change the smileys format?