Author Topic: White [censored] Gets Multiple Slaps On Wrist For Savage Rapes  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
White [censored] Gets Multiple Slaps On Wrist For Savage Rapes
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:25:39 PM »
Man Suspected In Numerous Rapes Across Country Gets Repeated Slaps On Wrist; Police Departments Refuse To Follow Up On Rape Kits

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/ci_17106450?source=rss_viewed

If this story about this piece of Amalek and the system's coddling of him doesn't get your blood boiling, I don't know what will. If this isn't proof that at a minimum every woman should pack heat at all times, I don't know what is.

TBF

Quote from: Whittier Daily News
Former truck driver tied to 1996 Pico Rivera rape case

By Ruby Gonzales, Staff Writer
Posted: 01/15/2011 11:14:33 AM PST

Blog

On Aug. 5, 1996, 17-year-old Helena Lazaro was at a Pico Rivera car wash when a man walked up to her. He said somebody had beaten him up and he needed help to get to a hospital.

The Downey teen got into her Volkswagen Rabbit convertible intent on driving away. But the man slid in behind her. He forced her at knifepoint to drive to a couple of locations, raped her and took her wallet, money and driver's license.

"He said if he ever heard of an investigation or a sketch, he would come back and kill my family," Lazaro said. Although this newspaper doesn't identify rape victims, Lazaro, 31, gave permission for her name to be used in this story.

The rape would remain unsolved for years. In 2003, a search of a DNA database yielded a hit - a former truck driver convicted of a 1998 Ohio rape similar to the Pico Rivera case. But it wouldn't be until 2009 when a victim's advocate group asked about the status of Lazaro's rape kit that sheriff's detectives focused on her case again.

So why did six years lapse before anything was done? Sheriff's officials say they are investigating.

"The internal investigation is focusing on all aspects, on what occurred between 2003 and 2009 on this case. We'll try to find as much as we can on what happened and do corrective action," according to Lt. Carlos Marquez of the Special Victims Bureau which handles sex crimes.

He said his bureau wasn't aware there had been a DNA hit in 2003. The crime lab sent the receipt about the match to the sheriff's Pico Rivera Station, Marquez said.
"We don't know what happened to the receipt in 2003," Marquez said.

Capt. James Thornton of the Pico Rivera Station said the station is doing an inquiry as is the Special Victims Bureau and the sheriff's crime lab.

"We're doing fact-finding. Internal affairs will decide if there's enough information to do an investigation," Thornton said. He said they're looking all the way back to 1996.

Thornton said the rape case was directly assigned to the Juvenile Investigations Bureau, which is now the Special Victims Bureau. No detective from the Pico Rivera Station was assigned to the case, he added.

Lazaro said authorities didn't tell her the rape kit had been processed in 2003 and yielded a DNA hit. She found out at a meeting she requested in November 2010.

"I was furious. I felt defeated. All that time I could have known much sooner," she said.

The DNA evidence led detectives to Charles Samuel Courtney Jr., who was in Lebanon Correctional Institution for raping a woman in Fairfield, Ohio on April 21, 1998.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office charged Courtney with kidnapping Lazaro to commit robbery, forcible rape, oral copulation, anal and genital penetration by a foreign object and sodomy.

He pleaded not guilty to the charges on Aug. 18, 2010 and will return to Whittier Superior Court on Jan. 20 to set a date for his preliminary hearing.

Courtney remains in custody at the North County Correctional Facility in Castaic in lieu of $700,000 bail, according to sheriff's booking records.

It was also DNA that led Fairfield, Ohio police to Courtney. But two years elapsed before the rape kit in the Ohio case was processed.

Courtney's DNA was in the Combined DNA Index System or CODIS, a national database, because he pleaded guilty in 1997 to the sexual battery of his wife, Mary. He was originally charged with raping her on Sept. 14, 1996 in Franklin County, Ind. but the charge was reduced to sexual battery as part of a plea bargain.

According to court records, he was sentenced to four years in prison with two years of that being suspended. He was also ordered to have no contact with the victim.

Police records showed he was released from prison on Jan. 4, 1998.

The Ohio rape happened three months later and bears striking similarities to the Pico Rivera crime.

Fairfield police Lt. Ken Haddix said Courtney kidnapped a 21-year-old woman from a store parking lot, forced her in his car and ordered her to drive. She was taken to another location, raped and robbed.

Officer Michelle Brettin, who arrested Courtney, said he also took the victim's driver's license.

The case was solved in 2001.

"Ohio finally hired someone to do the backlogged rape kits. I received a call in 2001," Brettin said.

She arrested Courtney on Dec. 19, 2001 at his home in Hamilton, Ohio where he was then living with his wife, Mary.

She said Courtney pleaded guilty to two counts of rape and was sentenced to 30 years.

A detective from California called her about the 2003 DNA hit in the Pico Rivera case but he never followed up with her.

"2003 is the first I heard about the (California) case because they finally ran their rape kit," she said.

"This man is evil. He's just evil. It's a shame it took this long to stop him. A shame it took two years in my case. He should have been stopped in 1996."

She suspects Courtney, who was a long-distance trucker, of other rapes all over the country.

"He raped his wife. He got a slap on the wrist. She didn't want him to go to prison. I find out he did my case and I find out he (allegedly) committed a rape in California," Brettin said.

"Why would he stop until he was caught? In my heart of hearts I know there are other victims out there."

Lazaro said she lived in fear constantly after the rape and still looks over her shoulder.

"I feel better knowing he's there (in custody). But you never stop feeling it could happen again," she said.

[email protected]

562-698-0955, ext. 3026

Monster serial rapist Charles S. Courtney, Jr.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
Re: White [censored] Gets Multiple Slaps On Wrist For Savage Rapes
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:38:27 PM »
what's a [censored]?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »
Is there a specific reason you referred to him as Amalek? This week we read the portion of the Torah which recalled the attack of Amalek on the Jewish people as we left from Egypt. I do not really see the connection in the article you posted...

Aside from that, what he did was terrible... He should rot in prison...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:06:23 AM »
Police departments in many places in the country are very under funded... The likely hood of this getting better any time soon is not good... Once a case gets pushed to the side it becomes very hard to get any results... It seem that the rape kits are done but my question is are they all processed and run through the database for a match? In one case they even had a hit but it seems the follow up was poor.. The fact that this guy was transient made it much harder for him to be caught... Police departments should be mandated to get all DNA evidence into the database on a timely basis... The faster people like this are off the streets the better. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 10:05:32 AM »
what's a [censored]?

According to urbandictionary a "[censored]" is a Mexican trying to "act black"

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 10:10:16 AM »
Rapists should get the deathpenalty.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »
Rapists should get the deathpenalty.
:::D Good luck with that! Here in America they can rape everyone in the house and even kill a few and the best you could hope to see them get is life in prison  :'(
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years