Author Topic: Any 1st-hand stories of the Great Storm of 2011?  (Read 527 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Any 1st-hand stories of the Great Storm of 2011?
« on: February 02, 2011, 07:52:26 PM »
I just spoke with my mother in Connecticut and she tells me this may be one of the worst winter storms in memory.

Any JTFers have any stories about this storm?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Any 1st-hand stories of the Great Storm of 2011?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:42:48 PM »
I just spoke with my mother in Connecticut and she tells me this may be one of the worst winter storms in memory.

I came home after shachris because my shiur at shul was cancelled and I went to sleep at around 10, woke up at like 12 and looked outside and saw a blizzard. Plus all of Toronto was closed down anyways even before it hit.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:58:43 PM by It's Just Mo »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 09:02:14 PM »

Here on Long Island everything is coated in ice... For some reason the trees are now shedding their coating of ice and it sounds like the house is being bombarded... I would hate to be walking around out there... The chunks of ice are not large but they are coming down in quantity.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 09:25:01 PM »
   I don't know how interesting my story about getting stuck for several days at JFK was. I really do hate the airlines and wish everyone else ditched this disgusting city. It's a shame though to look at the affirmative action morons that run the city. Even though I don't use public transportation that often, it amazed me that the buses actually run according to schedule here in Florida. Of course the one time I did have a schwartza bus driver, she told me the wrong place to get off and I missed my connection as a result.
   At least the good news is that I'm not currently affected by the weather. I'm running my A/C because it is 80 degrees outside.

Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »
My mom cannot get her car out of the garage.  For the first time in her being a professor at her college since 1973 the campus has been closed due to snow.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein