Author Topic: Will Bin Laden's death help Obama  (Read 893 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Will Bin Laden's death help Obama
« on: May 03, 2011, 01:09:54 AM »
Maybe, maybe not.  The stock market had a very strong start in reaction to the news (especially in the night markets) but closed lower.  the same could happen to Hussein.  Remember how popular the first George Bush was after the Gulf War.  That did not last.  Winston Churchill was not reelected after winning WW2.  And believe me, Obama is no Churchill.  Obama, in spite of himself, is President while Bin Laden is taken out.  I think the impact might be less than many of us think.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Will Bin Laden's death help Obama
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 01:11:29 AM »
I think it is too early to call. As you stated it could be the economy which is the deciding factor in the upcoming election. I sure hope that this will not significantly increase obamas ratings. But I am resigned to the fact that he will see a bump in his popularity polls.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 02:53:53 AM »
I don't think it will make any difference by the time November 2012 rolls around.  And why should it?  Obama is getting a lot of credit for this capture, but more people than him deserve the real credit.  I'm thrilled he ok'd the raid, sure.  But how much guts did it take for him to say, "Yes, go in"? 

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:34:23 PM »
The lemmings will listen and vote the way the olds media want them to.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:48:54 PM »
I think Obama will get a short term bounce in his approval ratings. But by the time the election rolls around, most people will care mainly about jobs and the economy. You repugs better hope that either Romney or Huckabee get the nomination. Cuz if Trump or Palin get the nod, it will be game over!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:59:54 PM »
I think Obama will get a short term bounce in his approval ratings. But by the time the election rolls around, most people will care mainly about jobs and the economy. You repugs better hope that either Romney or Huckabee get the nomination. Cuz if Trump or Palin get the nod, it will be game over!
Trump is a Democrap... The only nod he is going to get is the one showing him the door.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »
Trump is a Democrap... The only nod he is going to get is the one showing him the door.

He's a Dem? How do you figure that?! Anyway, I hope you're right about him not having a chance! We're all in very big trouble if he does! Oh yeah, wait a minute, we're already in big trouble :)

Anyway, have you heard that now Trump is demanding to see Bin Laden's death certificate?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 09:29:13 PM »
Well he's certainly donated money to prominent New York Dems from what I've read. 

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 09:41:17 PM »
He's a Dem? How do you figure that?! Anyway, I hope you're right about him not having a chance! We're all in very big trouble if he does! Oh yeah, wait a minute, we're already in big trouble :)

Anyway, have you heard that now Trump is demanding to see Bin Laden's death certificate?
Trump must be Bi Polar... When the shvartza President was running for office he was a strong supporter... Why wasn't the birth certificate an issue then? This whole issue with trump seems like a ruse to cause nothing but distraction... If Bin Laden is dead all the better people should be more concerned about who will fill his shoes now that he is gone... In the world today we need to look ahead not behind.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 09:43:35 PM »

WOW!  I haven't heard that joke 10,000 times already.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 11:19:32 PM »
Trump must be Bi Polar... When the shvartza President was running for office he was a strong supporter... Why wasn't the birth certificate an issue then? This whole issue with trump seems like a ruse to cause nothing but distraction... If Bin Laden is dead all the better people should be more concerned about who will fill his shoes now that he is gone... In the world today we need to look ahead not behind.

With the exception of the term "shvartza President", I fully agree with the rest of your post. I think that Trump is just trying to garnish more attention to himself and for his pathetic show. I do agree that now we have to look forward now and be cautious on who will not fill Bin Laden's shoes.

This is not just for you, but why is it that you and others use the term, "shvartza President", and then turn around and claim that you're not racist? I don't get that! If your disdain for Obama really has nothing to do with race, then there would be absolutely no reason to use racist language!

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 02:45:16 PM »
I wish we could stay away from silly issues like releasing the photos.  That keeps this thing hyped longer which does help Obama.  I was always against pressing the birther issue and I respectfully disagree with making an issue of Obama being a Muslim.  I don't see the point of starting a debate that you cannot win.  Obama's mouthpieces can say Obama is a church goer and I am sure they have lots of witnesses who have seen him eat pork (doesn't he smoke which is prohibited by Islamic law?)

The guy has done so much damage to the security of the USA, the US economy and to Israel.  Hammer away at those themes and let the other issues sit in the background and go away.  We are on the right side of this, stick to what is indisputable.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.