Author Topic: Obama Visited 57 States during 2008 Presidential Campaign  (Read 1232 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Obama Visited 57 States during 2008 Presidential Campaign
« on: June 28, 2011, 04:13:21 PM »
I am getting perturbed when I read the media attacking Michelle Bachmann for an apparent gaffe in a speech... I just read the comments on a LA Times blog where they were savagely attacking her for something she said. But when my memory comes back I remember that Obama himself made a GLARING Gaffe in the 2008 election campaign when he said:

"It is wonderful to be back in Oregon," Obama said. "Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

Well the press gave Mr Obama a free pass... The very LA Times article which published it ends like this:

Let's see what they do with that in the Honolulu media, which the Republicans have probably already notifed.

Maybe it's Obama's age. He's getting up there in his forties, you know.

I see an obvious double standard being employed by the biased american media...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/05/barack-obama-wa.html
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Obama Visited 57 States during 2008 Presidential Campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »
This article is what got me rememberin;

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/06/michele-bachmann-stands-by-her-misstatements.html

John Wayne, John Wayne Gacy, John Adams, John Quincy Adams. The details don't seem to matter too much to Michele Bachmann, who appears to be taking a page out of Sarah Palin's playbook: when in doubt, don't retreat, reload.

When confronted Tuesday morning on two nationally broadcast interviews that focused on some of the inaccurate statements that she's uttered over the years, the conservative congresswoman smiled, looked directly into the camera and defended her words.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 04:18:14 PM »
This article explains my opinion:

http://www.huliq.com/12079/michele-bachman-least-shes-not-campaigning-57-states

Michele Bachmann's John Wayne mistake was just that, a mistake, it is not something she would need to know to do a good job as the President, but if she was going to take her campaign on the road to the 57 states, like Obama did, then this would be a red flag.

While campaigning for the White House, it is important to fact check, and even more so when you get there. Bachmann's John Wayne mistake, was just a mistake about trivial information that would have no bearings on her duties as the president if she were to win.

One would expect that the president of the US needs to be on the ball and know how many states there are in the country, it is also important to know the current date and after awarding the Medal of Honor to a fallen soldier's family, it should have such a deep effect that you would remember their name. These are all duties and general information that the president should know when leading the greatest country in the world. Not knowing the correct hometown of a movie star, is no big deal.

The mistake that Bachmann made is making headlines today, but again, it is not as if she didn't know how many states in the US, like when Obama did while campaigning in Oregon in 2008. He stood proudly on stage back then and said: "It is wonderful to be back in Oregon," Obama said. "Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it." This is what the future president of the US said to his potential voters, according to the LA Times.

While people were not sure where the 57 states came from, the closest thing anyone could find to explain his attempt to add on over half a dozen new states, is that he might of been thinking about "Heinz 57." This is the trademark for John Kerry's wife's business and very popular products. Obama's most recent gaffe's were not knowing the current date and the name of a fallen soldier he honored. On Obama's trip to England, He signed the Westminster Abbey quest book with the wrong date. He wasn't just a day or two off, which would be understandable due to jet lag, he was three years off.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 04:27:28 PM »
Yes, also he said that his uncle liberated Auschwitz (Even though it was the Russians who liberated it).  And he also said that Mexico existed long before America did.  There are plenty of gaffs, but 99% of the time, he reads off his teleprompter, so you have to get his screwups during the rare times when he is not reading off the TOTUS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »
I'm afraid Perry is going to have these kinds of gaffes too. He just recently called Twitter "Tweeter". Reminds me of the horrible gaffe of Dick Cheney's when he referred people to George Soros' web site by replacing a .org with a .com, or when Ted Stevens called the internet 'a series of tubes'.