Poll

Important poll! Should we support Rick Perry for President?

Yes
20 (64.5%)
No
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Important poll! Should we support Rick Perry for President?  (Read 3091 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Important poll! Should we support Rick Perry for President?
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 07:06:31 PM »
I guess.  At this point, I just want someone who has the best chances against Hussein.  I think getting a true conservative is just not in the cards at this time.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 07:42:01 PM »
This is the best America has......?

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/14-reasons-why-rick-perry-would-be-a-really-really-bad-president

Well we can't dig Barry Morris Goldwater up and have him run for president... It did not work back in 1964 and it sure as hell won't work in 2012... The majority of the American people as we speak are looking for a candidate who is slightly right of center... Too far to the right and you will be stuck with 4 more years of the shvartza Administration... As a young kid I helped my father staple up campaign posters and hand out hand bills for Goldwater... Goldwater's policies were just too much even for people back in 1964... After he lost the election to LBJ I remember lining the bottom of the bird cage with Goldwater hand bills for some time after... In short half a loaf is better then none at all ultra conservatives are just not going to gain office in a presidential race... As much as I would want to see it they will never deport the vast majority of illegals now here in America... Perry might have be pandering to the Hispanic vote with that kind of talk for his local elections because of Texases voting demographics... I am sure he is singing a different tune now that he is running for nationwide office.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 09:02:35 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 08:55:03 PM »
Reagan lost two presidential primaries in 1968 and 1976 and please do not compare the space cadet Bachmann to Reagan.
All Bachmann has to say is "CHANGE" "CHANGE" and she's a white female obama.

That has not been her campaign strategy at all.  Do you ever even bother to listen to her speak?

You are just egesting in your pants over the possibility that you will hear all the insults and venom of the left and the way they attack the rightwing.   But I have news for you:  perry will be portrayed just the same and no matter how "centrist" you think your candidate is, the left is going to tar and feather him/her in the worst possible way.  They and the media are going to ridicule any republican candidate and his/her voters no matter what no matter how moderate you think they are.

Let me get this straight, you are saying the since reagan lost a few primaries before becoming president therefore we should never try electing a consrervative again?   Omg the same illogic that claimed Jews don't own the Holy land even thouugh God said they do.  Wow what a perspective that is!

I just can't wwait until whatever candidate is nominated and when its a "centrist" liike you are begging for, the media will start calling him and portraying him as a space cadet, what will you say then, we picked the wrong guy? Lol

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 08:56:58 PM »
The nation was substantially farther to the right in 1980 than it is at present. When 50% of all Americans support fag "marriage" and 75% of young adults, even many of the "religious" ones included, do, there's only so far any "conservative" can get.

That's a ghetto mentality.  Ghetto mentality will surely get obama elected.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »
I just think that because we are an uncompromising idealistic movement we shouldn't settle for second best when the best is still available.  I'm a little surprised by fine jtfers responses of settling for a lesser candidate
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 10:52:22 AM »
What happens if the rumors are true that he had sexual relationships with 2 of his male chefs.Can you imagine what the Leftists would say   

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=95720#ixzz1VT7uclRt
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:58:45 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »
I'm very concerned about Rick Perry's ties to the Muslim world:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2011/0815/Can-Rick-Perry-maintain-his-good-ties-with-Muslims-as-a-GOP-candidate

For this reason,    I prefer to support Michele Bachmann until it becomes crystal clear that she can't win the Republican Nomination.     If Bachmann falls out of contention,    I'm not sure who I'm going to support.       Unfortunately from my perspective,  it looks like Rick Perry is drawing support from many people who would have supported Michele Bachmann if he didn't enter the race.       

Eb,

I may be wrong but most Muslims dont even consider the Ismailis  to be Muslims because Ismailis tend to be very peaceful, not political.  They reject Islam as a political system and I dont believe they follow all of the Quran.  I have known a few Ismailis who stood up for me against other Muslims from the Middle East who were determined to make the life of any people that didn't kow-tow to their politics.  I believe they are disliked because they have no interest in the barbarism that say so many Arab Muslims seem to revel in.  I myself am going to do more research on the Ismailis.  I actually did several years ago, but have forgotten some of the details

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 09:37:12 AM »
Perry seems like an Islamist enabler if not closet qurananimal     

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 03:18:27 PM »
That's a ghetto mentality.  Ghetto mentality will surely get obama elected.
How is that a ghetto mentality? Look where most Americans stand. Look at where most younger Americans stand in particular. Do you really think that the majority of under-30 Americans would vote for someone similar to Ronald Reagan today like they did in 1980? RR would have a hard time winning over the baby-boomer set today.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
I just think that because we are an uncompromising idealistic movement we shouldn't settle for second best when the best is still available.  I'm a little surprised by fine jtfers responses of settling for a lesser candidate
I am going by an analysis of the facts and Chaim's advice on the situation. Bachmann has lost a lot of steam in the last two weeks. Romney is worse than Perry. The only other "Republican" candidate that might be able to get a lot of steam, Ron Nazi Paul, is unthinkable.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
This time the Republican wins automatically hands down. It is better that he/she is somewhat righteous. So leading righteous republican shall be supported.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.