Author Topic: Pamela Gellar withdraws from speaking at Fla Tea Party Convention RE; CAIR  (Read 846 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
BECAUSE THEY INVITED A CAIR SPEAKER                       http://rebuildingfreedom.org/2011/11/01/cair-speaking-at-the-florida-state-tea-party-convention-wth/     

← The 99%: Official list of Occupy Wall Street’s supporters, sponsors and sympathizers
CAIR Speaking at the Florida State Tea Party Convention – WTH?
Posted on November 1, 2011 by Old Marine

This was posted by Pamela Geller, the founder, editor and publisher of Atlas Shrugs.com and is the executive director of the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI) and Stop Islamization of America (SIOA).

I have decided not to speak at the Florida State Tea Party Convention on November 5th because of the organizer’s decision to invite a speaker from the anti-Jewish, Hamas-linked CAIR, which is on AFDI’s Threats to Freedom Index, and because CAIR has accepted the invitation. (As if they wouldn’t. What an opportunity to proselytize and to whine about the fictional construct of “Islamophobia.”) Nor was I going to be given any chance to debate or question the CAIR rep: he is set to speak at breakfast, and I was speaking at dinner.

Hamas-linked CAIR is given a platform everywhere — the mainstream media and even government and law enforcement routinely go to them. It is their foes who never have a platform. CAIR has demanded that our nation’s counterterror and law enforcement agencies ban our most learned scholars on Islam and jihad from their terror training programs, and they have complied. CAIR employs extraordinarily clever and sophisticated tactics of deception and whitewashing of Islam and jihad, which have fooled even the most battle-hardened, aware and wary among freedom fighters. I had hoped that the Tea Party would be a lone voice providing a chance for the truth about the issues that CAIR obfuscates to get out, without CAIR having a chance to spread its smooth deceptions.

While I hold the Tea Party in the highest esteem, I do not want to aid in granting legitimacy to this unsavory, traitorous, Hamas-linked organization by appearing with them. Hamas-linked CAIR tries to prevail upon everyone who invites me to speak to rescind their invitation on the grounds that what I have to say should not be a part of acceptable public discourse. In reality, that is not true of what I say, but of what they say, and so I do not want to appear at the same event and give the impression that I believe CAIR to be a legitimate organization.

I think it’s a huge mistake for the Tea Party to invite a group that is linked to the Muslim Brotherhood, and was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation Hamas terror funding trial, to spread their lies and deceit. That this is their strategy. Muhammad said it: “War is deceit.” The Islamic supremacists have now completely co-opted the Democrat Party, which now functions essentially as the political arm of Muslim Brotherhood groups in the U.S. The only people standing in their way are the freed0m-loving patriots in the Republican Party, which is why CAIR must infiltrate and co-opt this party as well. For example, CAIR’s Nezar Hamze tried to get on the Executive Board of the Broward Republican Executive Committee, and why David Ramadan is seeking to upset the balance of power in the Virginia Republican Party and the Virginia House of Delegates 87th District. They have to subvert the Republicans now, but I will not aid and abet this treasonous effort.

The day that I (or Robert Spencer, or Ibn Warraq, or Wafa Sultan, or Nonie Darwish) am invited to speak at a CAIR banquet is the day that I will agree to appear with CAIR at a pro-freedom event.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Pamela Gellar withdraws from speaking at Fla Tea Party Convention RE; CAIR
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 08:41:28 AM »
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/11/cair-is-given-a-platform-everywhere-the-mainstream-media-and-even-government-and-law-enforcement-routinely-go-to-them-i.html   

I Refuse to Legitimize the Enemies of Freedom

I have decided not to speak at the Florida State Tea Party Convention on November 5th because of the organizer's decision to invite a speaker from the anti-Jewish, Hamas-linked CAIR, which is on AFDI's Threats to Freedom Index, and because CAIR has accepted the invitation. As if they wouldn't. What an opportunity to proselytize and to whine about the fictional construct of "Islamophobia." Nor was I going to be given any chance to debate or question the CAIR rep: he is set to speak at breakfast, and I was speaking at dinner.

Hamas-linked CAIR is given a platform everywhere -- the mainstream media and even government and law enforcement routinely go to them. It is their foes who never have a platform. CAIR has demanded that our nation's counterterror and law enforcement agencies ban our most learned scholars on Islam and jihad from their terror training programs, and they have complied. CAIR employs extraordinarily clever and sophisticated tactics of deception and whitewashing of Islam and jihad, which have fooled even the most battle-hardened, aware and wary among freedom fighters. I had hoped that the Tea Party would be a lone voice providing a chance for the truth about the issues that CAIR obfuscates to get out, without CAIR having a chance to spread its smooth deceptions.

While I hold the Tea Party in the highest esteem, I do not want to aid in granting legitimacy to this unsavory, traitorous, Hamas-linked organization by appearing with them. Hamas-linked CAIR tries to prevail upon everyone who invites me to speak to rescind their invitation on the grounds that what I have to say should not be a part of acceptable public discourse. In reality, that is not true of what I say, but of what they say, and so I do not want to appear at the same event and give the impression that I believe CAIR to be a legitimate organization.

I think it's a huge mistake for the Tea Party to invite a group that is linked to the Muslim Brotherhood, and was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation Hamas terror funding trial, to spread their lies and deceit. That this is their strategy. Muhammad said it: "War is deceit." The Islamic supremacists have now completely co-opted the Democrat Party, which now functions essentially as the political arm of Muslim Brotherhood groups in the U.S. The only people standing in their way are the freed0m-loving patriots in the Republican Party, which is why CAIR must infiltrate and co-opt this party as well. For example, CAIR's Nezar Hamze tried to get on the Executive Board of the Broward Republican Executive Committee, and why David Ramadan is seeking to upset the balance of power in the Virginia Republican Party and the Virginia House of Delegates 87th District and why Farha Ahmed, the lawyer for chemical weapons jihadist known as Lady Al Qaeda, running for office in Sugarland, Texas. They have to subvert the Republicans now, but I will not aid and abet this treasonous effort.

The day that I (or Robert Spencer, or Ibn Warraq, or Wafa Sultan, or Nonie Darwish) am invited to speak at a CAIR banquet is the day that I will agree to appear with CAIR at a pro-freedom event.

UPDATE: CAIR attacks two of Florida's leading defenders of freedom, Rep. Allen West and U.S. Senate candidate Adam Hasner.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 09:13:19 AM »
Big mistake.  By not showing up, she doesn't present the opposite view.  If it were Chaim or kahane I they would show up and even get standing ovations
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
What else do you expect from such a worthless, spineless, egotistical phony?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »
WOW!!!  What, is she becoming non-confrontational now????

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
CAIR'S invitation withdrawn                               http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/11/afdisioa-applauds-fla-tea-party-decision-to-rescind-invitation-to-hamas-linked-hate-group-cair-pamel.html             

Wednesday, November 02, 2011
AFDI/SIOA Applauds FLA Tea Party Decision to Rescind Invitation to Hamas-Linked Hate Group CAIR, Pamela Geller to Speak

AFDI/SIOA Applauds Florida State Tea Party Decision to Rescind Invitation to Hamas-Linked Hate Group CAIR Yahoo News

NEW YORK, Nov. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire  -- A prominent national human rights and advocacy organization today applauded the Florida State Tea Party Convention‘s decision to disinvite a scheduled speaker, controversial Islamic supremacist Hassan Shibly of the Hamas-linked hate group the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).
    The American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI) had earlier today called for such a move on the part of Tea Party officials. Shibly was scheduled to speak at the Florida State Tea Party Convention in Daytona Beach, November 4-6, 2011.

“We applaud this decision as a victory for common sense and good judgment,” said AFDI National Executive Director Pamela Geller. “Hamas-linked CAIR is given a platform everywhere -- the mainstream media and even government and law enforcement routinely go to them. It is their foes who never have a platform.” Geller will be addressing the Convention as scheduled.

The Investigative Project on Terrorism has noted that Shibly, the director of Hamas-linked CAIR’s Tampa chapter, “has a track record of defending terrorist groups and acting as an apologist for radical Islam. Following the 2006 Israel-Lebanon War, Shibly granted legitimacy to Hizballah by characterizing it as a ‘resistance movement’ that provides valued social services to the Lebanese people. ‘They’re absolutely not a terrorist organization,’ Shibly said, and ‘any war against them is illegitimate.’” Hizballah has been on the U.S. State Department’s list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations since 1999.

Hamas-linked CAIR frequently attempts to intimidate numerous government agencies and citizens’ groups into dropping events featuring foes of international jihad activity, including Geller. Last week it falsely claimed in a press release that Florida Governor Rick Scott and Senator Marco Rubio declined to speak at the Florida State Tea Party Convention because Geller was speaking as well. In reality, neither Rubio nor Scott had ever confirmed their appearance at the Convention; they were invited but due to scheduling conflicts are unable to attend. CAIR, however, never corrected its false information, or apologized to the Tea Party or to Geller.

Hamas-linked CAIR itself has numerous ties to jihad terror, and consequently has been listed on AFDI’s Threats to Freedom Index. Recently U.S. District Judge Jorge A. Solis cited “ample evidence” that CAIR participated in a “criminal conspiracy” led by the Holy Land Foundation, Hamas’s main fund-raising arm in the U.S. CAIR was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation Hamas terror funding case.

The FBI has discontinued all contact with CAIR because of its terror ties. In the summer of 2010 it has embarked upon a concerted campaign of intimidation and defamation to silence public figures who speak out against jihad and Islamic terrorism, including Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY), the Rev. Franklin Graham, Florida Congressional candidate Dan Fanelli, and Connecticut Congressional candidate Rick Torres.

CAIR has a long record of duplicity and deception. Although it has received millions of dollars in donations from foreign Islamic entities, it has not registered as a foreign agent as required by the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), despite spreading Islamic supremacist propaganda within the United States.

Although it presents itself as a civil rights group, CAIR actually has numerous links to Islamic supremacist and jihad terror groups. CAIR founders Omar Ahmad and Niwad Awad (who still serves as CAIR’s executive director) were present at a Hamas planning meeting in Philadelphia in 1993 where they and other Hamas operatives conspired to raise funds for Hamas and to promote jihad in the Middle East. CAIR has steadfastly refused to denounce Hamas and Hizballah as terrorist groups.

Several former CAIR officials have been convicted of various crimes related to jihad terror:

* Ghassan Elashi, founder of CAIR’s Texas chapter, in 2009 received a 65-year prison sentence for funneling over $12 million from the Islamic charity known as the Holy Land Foundation to the jihad terrorist group Hamas, which is responsible for murdering hundreds of Israeli civilians
    * Mousa Abu Marzook, a former CAIR official, was designated by the U.S. government in 1995 as a “terrorist and Hamas leader.” He now is a Hamas leader in Syria.
    * Randall Royer, CAIR’s former civil rights coordinator, in 2004 began serving a 20-year prison sentence for aiding al-Qaida and the Taliban against American troops in Afghanistan and recruiting for Lashkar e-Taiba, the jihadist group responsible for the 2008 Mumbai jihad massacres.
    * Bassem Khafagi, CAIR’s former community relations director, was arrested for involvement with the Islamic Assembly of North America, which was linked to al-Qaida. After pleading guilty to visa and bank fraud charges, Khafagi was deported.
    * Rabih Haddad, a former CAIR fundraiser, was deported for his work with the Global Relief Foundation (which he co-founded), a terror-financing organization.

In 1998 Omar Ahmad, CAIR’s co-founder and longtime Board Chairman, said: “Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”

After he received unwelcome publicity as a result of this statement, Ahmad denied saying it, several years after the fact. However, the original reporter, Lisa Gardiner of the Fremont Argus, stands by her story.

CAIR’s spokesman Ibrahim Hooper once said: “I wouldn’t want to create the impression that I wouldn’t like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future.”

AFDI/SIOA is one of America’s foremost organizations defending human rights, religious liberty, and the freedom of speech against Islamic supremacist intimidation and attempts to bring elements of Sharia to the United States.

Join the SIOA Facebook group here.

For more information, contact Pamela Geller at [email protected].

SOURCE: American Freedom Defense Initiative

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »
Oh man, I didn't know Cair was invited...This is a false teaparty, the ones I know would not allow Islam in the door...I support Pamela Geller and Brigett Gabriel!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »
CAIR has been 'DISINVITED' to this and Gellar re-invited... I think the tea-party made a good decision on this...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 02:08:30 PM »
Oh man, I didn't know Cair was invited...This is a false teaparty, the ones I know would not allow Islam in the door...I support Pamela Geller and Brigett Gabriel!
But SCAMela Geller hates JTF.