Author Topic: Cain Aid: Perry Campaign Leaked Sexual Harassment Claims  (Read 1427 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Cain Aid: Perry Campaign Leaked Sexual Harassment Claims
« on: November 02, 2011, 07:27:26 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/02/cain-camp-accuses-perry-campaign-leaking-sexual-harassment-claims/

This makes sense, since the Dems would wait till AFTER he got a nomination to bring out the dirt.

Herman Cain's top aide accused Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s campaign of being behind the recent stories about sexual harassment allegations against Cain from the 1990s that have rocked the former pizza company executive’s presidential campaign.

"This is one of the actions in America that is the reason why people don't get involved in politics," Mark Block, Cain's campaign chief of staff, said in an exclusive interview with Fox News' "Special Report." "The actions of the Perry campaign are despicable."
Related Video

Herman Cain Fights Back Against Harassment Claims

Will situation hurt his campaign?

"Rick Perry and his campaign owe Herman Cain and his family an apology," Block added.

Cain has been grappling with the allegations since Politico first reported Sunday night that at least two women who worked for the National Restaurant Association when Cain was its head had received financial settlements after they complained about his behavior.

The Cain campaign suggests the source for that story was longtime GOP consultant Curt Anderson, who worked for Cain's failed 2004 U.S. Senate bid and had been debriefed on the harassment allegations by Cain himself. Anderson now works for Perry.

And Chris Wilson, a former pollster for the restaurant association, said Wednesday he witnessed Cain's alleged inappropriate behavior. He's now involved with a pro-Perry super political action committee.

But both men deny leaking the story.

"I've known Herman Cain for about seven years. I was one of several consultants on his Senate race in 2004 and was proud to help him," Anderson said. "I'd never heard any of these allegations until I read them in Politico, nor does anything I read in the press change my opinion that Herman is an upstanding man and a gentleman."

"I have great respect for Herman and his character and I would never speak ill of him, on the record or off the record," he added. "That's true today and it's not going to change."

The Perry campaign also disavowed any connection to the story.

"No one at our campaign was involved in this story in any way," Perry campaign spokesman Ray Sullivan said in a written statement. "Any claim to the contrary is patently false. The first we learned of it was when we read the story in Politico."

But Cain's team isn't buying it. Block said not only does the Perry campaign owe Cain an apology, but so does Politico.

"Politico won't release any documentation or even admit they spoke to these two women," he said. "Why? Because they have nothing and cited unnamed sources."

Earlier Wednesday, a third woman said she considered filing a workplace complaint against Cain over what she viewed as aggressive and unwanted behavior, including a private invitation to his corporate apartment.

But she said she did not file one because she began having fewer interactions with Cain. Afterward, she learned that a co-worker had already done so. She said she would have had to file if they hadn't.

Meanwhile, the attorney for one of two women who apparently received financial settlements said Wednesday that he will formally request his client be allowed to speak publicly about the case.

Attorney Joel Bennett told Fox Business Network that he will file his request on Thursday before the National Restaurant Association asking that his client be removed from a confidentiality agreement attached to the settlement.

"We will send a formal letter tomorrow to the Restaurant Association, and we will hopefully be able to then put out a statement," Bennett said in an interview.

He said Cain's statements, in which he said he was "falsely accused" and that he never sexually harassed anyone, should open the door for his client to be able to speak about the case.

Bennett said he's taking the request straight to the association, and that it "does not have to go to a judge."

The National Restaurant Association is not saying much about the case. An association spokeswoman released a statement Wednesday saying Bennett touched base with the association that morning.

"An association representative promptly returned his call and asked Mr. Bennett to contact the Association's outside counsel. Mr. Bennett indicated that he would do so tomorrow, after he met with his client," spokeswoman Sue Hensley said in the statement.

According to a source quoted by The Associated Press, the woman in question is still reluctant about coming forward despite her lawyer's comments.

It's unclear how much the woman Bennett represents received in the settlement. The New York Times reported Wednesday that the other woman received $35,000, representing a year's salary.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/02/cain-camp-accuses-perry-campaign-leaking-sexual-harassment-claims/#ixzz1carUgvcM

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Cain Aid: Perry Campaign Leaked Sexual Harassment Claims
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 07:43:01 PM »
It really makes little difference who brought out the story since before long someone would have anyway... Whats sad here is the fact that Cain knew this issue would come out and did little to prepare for its handling... The stumbling excuses have been sickening to watch... Clearly there is something behind the allegations... Whatever the case it's making Cain look very unprofessional.. At times Cain sounds like a backwoods darkie stumbling around for words... For me the mishandling of this issue shows me he is not ready to deal with the larger picture... At first I thought he might have had a chance of recovery however it seems as the saga continues he is going more and more down the tubes.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline lewstherin

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 07:45:50 PM »
maybe cain should just pull the obama card and scream "racism". i hear that works.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 07:48:04 PM »
maybe cain should just pull the obama card and scream "racism". i hear that works.
He has to some extent however that only works well for liberal blacks.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »
Remember I said he was going to have skeletons in his closet come out?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 08:20:06 PM »
Remember I said he was going to have skeletons in his closet come out?
Yes you did...

Offline lewstherin

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 08:34:37 PM »
i guess he could always say he was just trying to emulate martin luther king jr.
1st it was mlk. then jesse jackson. then al sharpton. then obama and his homo affair.
now cain. somebody always trying to keep the black man down. haaaaaaaaaaa

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 05:06:55 AM »
BC's popularity ratings were reported to have shot up after the exposure of the Lew scandal. So it appears that such scandals seem to increase the popularity of the dems, which may not be true for the reps.

Since Cain2012 so far has been rated as the only rep who can defeat the dems, so skeletons are being put in to his closet with retrospective effect. Such things have become standard and usual phenomena of such contests. If Cain gets free of this charge and moves ahead, he may be charged of connections with Illumin.   
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 05:15:03 AM »
i guess he could always say he was just trying to emulate martin luther king jr.
1st it was mlk. then jesse jackson. then al sharpton. then obama and his homo affair.
now cain. somebody always trying to keep the black man down. haaaaaaaaaaa

And Clarence Thomas

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 07:16:29 AM »
Anita Hill allegations
Toward the end of the confirmation hearings, an FBI interview with Anita Hill was leaked. Hill, an attorney, had worked for Thomas at the Department of Education and had subsequently moved with Thomas to the EEOC.[59] After the leak, Hill was called to testify at Thomas's confirmation hearings. She testified that Thomas had subjected her to comments of a sexual nature, which she felt constituted sexual harassment or at least "behavior that is unbefitting an individual who will be a member of the Court."[60][61][62][63] Hill's testimony included lurid details, and some Senators aggressively questioned her.[64]

Thomas denied the allegations, saying:[65]

This is not an opportunity to talk about difficult matters privately or in a closed environment. This is a circus. It's a national disgrace. And from my standpoint, as a black American, it is a high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves, to do for themselves, to have different ideas, and it is a message that unless you kowtow to an old order, this is what will happen to you. You will be lynched, destroyed, caricatured by a committee of the U.S. Senate rather than hung from a tree.[66]

Hill was the only person to testify at the Senate hearings that there had been unsolicited sexual advances.[67] Angela Wright, who worked under Thomas at the EEOC before he fired her,[68] decided not to testify,[69] but submitted a written statement alleging that Thomas had pressured her for a date and had made comments about the anatomy of women. However, she said she did not feel his behavior was intimidating nor did she feel sexually harassed, though she allowed that "Some other women might have".[70][71].[72] Also, Sukari Hardnett, a former Thomas assistant, wrote to the Senate committee saying that although Thomas had not harassed her, she did feel that he had inspected her as a female.[73][74]

Clarence Thomas being sworn in by Byron White, as wife Virginia Lamp Thomas looks on.

Other former colleagues testified on Thomas's behalf. Nancy Altman, who shared an office with Thomas at the Department of Education, testified that she heard virtually everything Thomas said over the course of two years, and never heard any sexist or offensive comment. Altman did not find it credible that Thomas could have engaged in the conduct alleged by Hill, without any of the dozens of women he worked with noticing it.[75] Senator Alan K. Simpson was puzzled about why Hill and Thomas met, dined, and spoke by phone on various occasions after they no longer worked together.[76]

According to the Oyez Project, there was a lack of convincing proof produced at the Senate hearings.[2] After extensive debate, the Judiciary Committee split 7–7 on September 27, sending the nomination to the full Senate without a recommendation. Thomas was confirmed by a 52–48 vote on October 15, 1991, the narrowest margin for approval in more than a century.[77] The final floor vote was mostly along party lines: 41 Republicans and 11 Democrats voted to confirm while 46 Democrats and two Republicans voted to reject the nomination. Newspaper coverage of Thomas's private life was limited after he was confirmed.[78]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Thomas
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 07:36:41 AM »
Thanks Syygue

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 11:56:07 AM »

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 02:36:56 PM »
I am sorry to say that but I heard Cain's press conference and he sounded like he's lying. What the hell does he mean that He was "not aware" that there was an out of court settlement.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 04:44:19 PM »
I am sorry to say that but I heard Cain's press conference and he sounded like he's lying. What the hell does he mean that He was "not aware" that there was an out of court settlement.

He needs a teleprompter, quick!  :::D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 04:46:29 PM »
This morning I saw the self-hating piece of drek Rahm Emannuels name linked to this 'scandal'. I wouldn't put it past the disgusting animal to be behind this...

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/politics/mayor-rahm-emanuel-herman-cain-sexual-harassment-leak-report-20111103

Report Links Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Herman Cain Harassment Story Leak

Updated: Thursday, 03 Nov 2011, 11:28 AM CDT
Published : Thursday, 03 Nov 2011, 8:49 AM CDT

FOX Chicago News

Chicago - Rahm Emanuel’s office may have been involved in leaking the story about sexual harassment allegations against Herman Cain, according to the Washington Times .

The paper cites a source who points the blame at Mayor Emanuel's office, saying an employee of the National Restaurant Association in Chicago leaked the story to the Perry campaign with some help and information from Mayor Emanuel's office.

"Not only is the suggestion baseless and completely false, it is totally absurd," Emanuel said in a statement.

Cain is demanding an apology from Rick Perry's people for leaking the harassment story. They believe a former Cain aide who now works for Perry is the source of the leak.

Perry's campaign denies any involvement.

In the meantime, a third woman came forward Wednesday to say she was also sexually harassed, but never filed a formal complaint against Cain.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 04:47:23 PM »
More attempts to smear a Conservative black man...The Left has never been for minorities, look what they did to Miguel Estrada, Alberto Gonzales, Marco Rubio, Clarence Thomas, and now Herman Cain.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 06:50:53 PM »
There is clearly something to the issue... The worse part of the problem is the mishandling of the situation... I don't know much about Cain if he had a wife at the time or what his situation was back then... If he was unmarried  I personally could over look the fact that he invited a few ladies to his home or hotel room for a few drinks and such from time to time... At least he is dealing on the correct side of the deck so to speak  :::D   My problem now is how he has been blindsided by this old issue... He should have known it was coming and been well prepared to deal with it.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 03:14:03 AM »
There is clearly something to the issue... The worse part of the problem is the mishandling of the situation... I don't know much about Cain if he had a wife at the time or what his situation was back then... If he was unmarried  I personally could over look the fact that he invited a few ladies to his home or hotel room for a few drinks and such from time to time... At least he is dealing on the correct side of the deck so to speak  :::D   My problem now is how he has been blindsided by this old issue... He should have known it was coming and been well prepared to deal with it.
It's usually the cover up that gets politicians into troubles.

I think If Cain would tell his version, for example, that he had a sexual encounter with a woman who then slapped him with a sexual harassment suit, I think he could make it go away after a few weeks. Now this thing would just haunt him forever and eventually he might be proved to have lied to the public which is basically perjury in the public perception. UNLESS, he really didn't do nothing, and in which case he would be one of the few politicians who seem to be lying even while telling the truth.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 03:19:47 AM by Zelhar »

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 02:06:11 PM »
It really makes little difference who brought out the story since before long someone would have anyway... Whats sad here is the fact that Cain knew this issue would come out and did little to prepare for its handling... The stumbling excuses have been sickening to watch... Clearly there is something behind the allegations... Whatever the case it's making Cain look very unprofessional.. At times Cain sounds like a backwoods darkie stumbling around for words... For me the mishandling of this issue shows me he is not ready to deal with the larger picture... At first I thought he might have had a chance of recovery however it seems as the saga continues he is going more and more down the tubes.
How can you say that? However, let's assume you are right. Do you really think that the majority of men have never, ever done anything that some malcontent with a bug up her tuchis could take offense to, even if as simple as being asked out when unwanted?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 05:59:13 AM »
It's usually the cover up that gets politicians into troubles.

I think If Cain would tell his version, for example, that he had a sexual encounter with a woman who then slapped him with a sexual harassment suit, I think he could make it go away after a few weeks. Now this thing would just haunt him forever and eventually he might be proved to have lied to the public which is basically perjury in the public perception. UNLESS, he really didn't do nothing, and in which case he would be one of the few politicians who seem to be lying even while telling the truth.
Yes, you are quite right... It is the attempted cover up that most times causes more problems than the original issue... Clearly people don't care to be lied to and worse still to have it done in an unconvincing manor... There seems to be more to Cains problem on many levels... My annoyance with Cain now is not so much over the very old alleged claims of sexual harassment  it's the fact that he has become so blindsided by the entire issue.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 06:28:25 AM »
How can you say that? However, let's assume you are right. Do you really think that the majority of men have never, ever done anything that some malcontent with a bug up her tuchis could take offense to, even if as simple as being asked out when unwanted?
The thing really is that people in Cains position should know they are playing with fire when they kibitz with female or now days male associates who in many cases would love to get the CEO or company official over a barrel so to speak... It's not so much a case of getting a bug  logged somewhere but a case of using the gifts G-d gave them to get ahead... Corporate officials today should know that this pitfall exists and avoid that sort of interaction with the business people they deal with... This problem has become so bad that it actually exists on low levels of the corporate ladder... My position on all this is if the CEO is unmarried and able to date his associates all well and fine... The only problem I would have with the issue is if he was putting pressure on his people to socialize with him... Sadly once a few harpy animals make their filthy accusations the accusations usually stick.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 07:18:56 PM »
Well now they finally have a fourth accuser that is actually willing to show her face.... And now Gloria Allred is also on the case   :o ... I can't say I am surprised over the entire situation... I guess it's gong to be Romney for 2012.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:24:05 PM by cjd »