Poll

Do you support American bases in foreign countries?

Yes
0 (0%)
Some countries yes, others no
4 (80%)
We should maintain them temporarily
0 (0%)
No, we have no reason to intervene in other countries affairs
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Opinion about American bases in foreign countries?  (Read 465 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Opinion about American bases in foreign countries?
« on: December 23, 2011, 12:33:01 AM »
How do you feel about American bases in foreign countries? People have different reasons for them, many countries don't want them because they feel it violates their sovereignty and others claim it is expensive. Others state it is for national security, how do you feel about this?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Opinion about American bases in foreign countries?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 12:51:57 AM »
Hmmm. I don't agree with us being in Muslim Nazi nations of course. I am not sure why we need to remain in Germany unless it's to keep an eye on them lest they go Nazi again... wait, they never were un-Nazi.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 12:56:12 AM »
Hmmm. I don't agree with us being in Muslim Nazi nations of course. I am not sure why we need to remain in Germany unless it's to keep an eye on them lest they go Nazi again... wait, they never were un-Nazi.

I agree, I think originally the concept of the bases was for strategy purposes during the cold war, but i think some of them were put in place to neutralize the countries from ever forming alliances with our enemies. Not sure I agree with the American bases internationally but I can understand their use, but it seems like most countries don't really want us there to begin with, I'm curious what everyones feelings are about it.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 12:59:15 AM »
We could use a lot of this military personnel on our border, that's for sure.

I agree with bases in Japan/South Korea more than most because there is an imminent threat there that needs to be contained but otherwise we would be better served by establishing a missile-defense system and renewing the nuclear deterrent.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 07:53:47 AM »
I agree with Axel Rose. There should be no military base in any Muslim country.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 10:03:36 AM »
I say some yes, others no, but they should be viewed as temporary, unless we've got a base with an ally to help protect them.

Offline heyuguys

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 11:21:17 AM »
if a friendly country wants a base I'd say its fine. no bases in muslim countries for sure that is crazy... i dont think these bases are justification for any attacks against america. that is just the muslims using it as an excuse to be violent to nonmuslims.