Poll

Should JTF endorse Rick Santorum?

Yes
18 (69.2%)
No
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Should JTF endorse Rick Santorum?  (Read 8272 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Should JTF endorse Rick Santorum?
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »
I suspect that santorum cannot sustain this success.  They had the manpower in iowa and he was the most active there, going out and campaigning every single day.  They won't have the time or money to repeat this aggressive effort in the other states.   BUT he could get a lot of momentum and new attention from this success in Iowa.   On the other hand, what about Newt? 

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2012, 11:04:32 PM »
I guess so even though I think his foreign policy is way to hawkish though I think he is like what Chaim said better on paper as far as like illegal immigration, Israel and what not and he is also even running what I think is pretty good campaign which I believe is a key to winning elections.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2012, 11:24:25 PM »
בס''ד

I think at the very least, I should do videos praising Santorum's good positions on Iran, correcting some of what he says on Israel, and so on - without endorsing him and without condemning Mitt Romney for now.

If we see his candidacy begin to take off, we can support him in the near future. But for now, we will limit what we say to commentaries without an endorsement.

Sound reasonable?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 11:29:17 PM »
בס''ד

I think at the very least, I should do videos praising Santorum's good positions on Iran, correcting some of what he says on Israel, and so on - without endorsing him and without condemning Mitt Romney for now.

If we see his candidacy begin to take off, we can support him in the near future. But for now, we will limit what we say to commentaries without an endorsement.

Sound reasonable?

Sounds fine to me.  Of course I think Santorum MUCH better than Romney.   I'm just focused on beating Obama at the moment.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 01:52:42 AM »
בס''ד

Sound reasonable?

I think that is a great idea!

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 02:00:04 AM »
I can't begin to tell you how confused I am as to whom to support.  What happened to our support for Gingrich?  Is that off the table now?  I do love how Santorum supports Israel and says there are no Palestinians.  I also loved how he said that he would bomb Iran's nuclear sites.  Terrific.  But saying that out loud can really be turned against him.  So, let me ask you this: Can he really win the Presidency?  I don't think Romney can win it either.  Out of all of them, I feel that only Gingrich can win the Presidency.  But even there I'm not sure.  I think Romney's wealth and privileged background will work against him, while Santorum's working class background will be a plus.  But Newt was the Speaker of the House and he knows how to get things done in Washington.  Santorum also has a baby face and looks like a kid.  I think that will work against him.  

I could be totally wrong about all these thoughts.  But this is my thinking right now.   As I said, I'm just confused as to who to support.  Obviously, after the convention, I'll support the nominee.  But who do I support right now?  I don't know.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 02:21:07 AM »
בס''ד

Sound reasonable?

In my opinion this tack is the best for the moment. The field has been shifting so quickly in the last few months...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 06:20:40 AM »
Chaim, good idea
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 06:47:34 AM »
Yes, I agree Chaim

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 09:26:05 AM »
I like him better than Romney too because he's more pro-Israel and appears more conservative, although I'm not sure what to think for sure right now as the game keeps changing so rapidly.

Offline heyuguys

• Full JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 10:46:14 AM »
to pro-romney people... i hope you realize obama will portray him as a right-wing extremist. they could run john mccain again and obama would say he's a right-wing extremist. the democrat playbook is to make any republican out to be some crazy right-winger. the fact is that moderate republicans who run as moderates are always a disaster.

you will also see liberal pacs subtlely and not so subtlely attacking romney for being a mormon, to keep evangelicals and other christians from voting for him.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 10:57:08 AM »
He raised one million dollars in one day Wed
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »
http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=2511&r=1

Read this link

Rick Santorum has JTF's view on Israel and Jeuda and Samria
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Daniel Michael ben Avraham

• Full JTFer
  • דניאל מיכאל בן אברהם
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 12:22:06 PM »
בס''ד

Sound reasonable?

Chaim, I think your views are Santorum are correct.  Romney simply does not have Santorum's credibility.  His working class roots and the fact that he is a devoted family man are HUGE pluses.  I have to admit that I am quite encouraged to see a young and exciting guy like Santorum speak the truth as Newt did about the fakestinians.  This is a great trend that is reversing the ground gained by the left on this issue for some time.  I think Santorum has the potential to have the same kind of mystique that JFK had back in the day.  After all, wasn't that the last time we had a young attractive Catholic family man try for office (please I know JFK was a womanizer, but the nation wasn't aware).  Now, I believe your approach of praising the positive opinions he has expressed concerning the Israel-FakestinianNazi war are a great start.  After all, politicians need to be encouraged to keep expressing a particular viewpoint.  Can you imagine what it would be like if we had a Santorum/Newt or Newt/Santorum ticket?  That would be much better than anything the Romulans would propose.  I agree, true conservatism has been the mark of a successful Republican candidate.  The so called moderate candidate is simply a Republican with an ineffective message and little backbone for a real fight.

BTW, what will really be the hallmark of a truly conservative Republican administration is who is selected to lead the State Department and who is brought in as the Secretary of Defense.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:12:56 PM by Daniel Michael ben Avraham »
The observant Jew has his own sense of values. Torah Judaism is his blueprint for this life, his target for existence.
מורנו הרב מאיר כהנא

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »
I vote we rally round santorum for the time being, why??heres why.

Despite people saying Romney has the best chance, on what evidence? Facts are, and Chaims metioned this, is the fact that hes not likable. Hes like a flipflopping, beter looking version of mccaine.

Mike Huckabee on zero money defeated romney last year, if michalle bachmann dropped out of the iowa race, Santorum would have won easily.

Heres my prediction.

Santorumm moved third in the polls in NH. If Gingrich losses out, i predict he, and all the others will rally round santorum as Romney wont get the conservative or chistian vote. Gingrich has been slating romney viciously, whilst praising Rick Santorum. Hes basically going to be Ricks sorragate runner. Hopefully rick perry will leave and then if Santorum can survive till the bible belt is game over for Romney.

Remember folks the democrats slate who more competition.

Romney, despite his money and establishment backing just does not warm the crowd.

Offline heyuguys

• Full JTFer
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »
the fact that gingrich and santorum have both said there are no palestinians or palestine is a great, great move in the right direction for the republicans. on the other hand, you have mitt romney who went the other direction and continued the old democrat/bush line that there are palestinians.

i can hope if santorum or even gingrich get elected they will purge all the nazi pigs from the state department.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2012, 06:28:55 PM »
בס''ד

Sound reasonable?
Yes, this sounds like the best way to go for now.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2012, 06:30:41 PM »
There is one position, however, that social conservatives ask Santorum about regularly on the campaign trail, an issue that also comes up regularly on conservative talk radio: His support for former Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter in the 2004 GOP Senate primary. Specter, a moderate switched to the Democratic Party in 2009, is a supporter of gay rights - he voted to repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" - and, more crucially, evolved into a staunch supporter of abortion rights

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2012, 06:36:19 PM »
No. Only Romney has the money and operations to defeat Obama.  Santorum is a good guy, but he will get trounced in November.  Romney, at least, has a chance. 

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2012, 08:15:09 PM »
Santorum
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2012, 08:51:37 AM »
The weird thing about Don't Ask, Don't tell, was that I thought during the Clinton presidency that was seen as a pro-gay thing, as it allowed gays to serve in the military as long as they didn't broadcast it. It protected them by keeping them from having to directly lie about it or out themselves.

However more recently it was condemned by all the pro gay groups because they wanted to serve openly (loudly and proudly I guess).

This is just so strange how liberals say they want something and then a few years later condemn that very same thing.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2012, 03:02:57 PM »
I suspect that santorum cannot sustain this success.  They had the manpower in iowa and he was the most active there, going out and campaigning every single day.  They won't have the time or money to repeat this aggressive effort in the other states.   BUT he could get a lot of momentum and new attention from this success in Iowa.   On the other hand, what about Newt? 

While Newt has an uphill battle,    I still believe he has a chance to win the nomination.     The reason being,    Newt is the best debator of all of the candidates.     There hasn't been a debate since the middle of December.    That contributed greatly to Newt's substantial drop in Iowa and in the National polls.         With two debates this weekend and more to follow in the coming weeks,    Newt can still win the Republican Nomination for President.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2012, 03:16:03 PM »
בס''ד

Sound reasonable?

Chaim,    I'm in total support of this strategy.    The video you did on Rick Santorum,   regarding Iran,   is excellent.

For me,   my decision in terms of who to support in the Republican Primary process will come down to Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum.       I've seen enough of Mitt Romney to come to the conclusion that the ONLY way Romney can beat Barack Hussein Obama  ( unless Romney changes his campaign approach for the better  )  is if Hussein Obama LOSES the election.       In other words,     Romney's ultra politically correct approach is a very defensive strategy that will backfire unless the election comes down to enough voters determining that Obama must go!       I prefer a much more proactive strategy against Obama.       This doesn't even factor in that Romney is worse on the issues than Gingrich and Santorum.       The only way I would support Romney in the Republican Primary process is if he's the only person that stands in the way of Ron Paul winning the nomination.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2012, 03:23:04 PM »
YOu know what?  Either way the media will knock on Romney or Santorum no matter what.

However, who can defend their views better without being so nice about it?  I think Newt and Santorum will show some backbone....hopefully.  Romney, too nice on the Israel issue..and therefore will be too nice about Obama.  That's my assumption.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2012, 02:17:20 AM »
At present Santorum should be encouraged and then see what happens next.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.