Author Topic: Pro Jewish Music of all kinds.  (Read 93397 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Pro Jewish Music of all kinds.
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 02:45:03 AM »
The Mi'Chael Ben David reminded me so much of Shlomo Carlebach...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »
I feel like emigrating to Israel and become a Metal Israeli Knight after hearing this demo. MIK ftw

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 08:03:10 PM »
Doom Metal warning: depressing documentary footage

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »
Noachide I don't think you should worry about depressing footage! People need to see the horror of the past! NEVER AGAIN!! :nono: :nuke:
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2012, 10:38:04 PM »
  I don't know what these songs are about, but this Girl is amazing!

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2012, 01:30:41 AM »
The Shirat HaYam/Song at the Sea put to music:

I'm getting in a Pesach/Passover mood... Expect some Passover songs to be posted shortly...

The LORD is my strength and song, and He is become my salvation; this is my G-d, and I will glorify Him; my father's G-d, and I will exalt Him.

The LORD is a man of war, The LORD is His name.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:45:53 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2012, 01:53:23 AM »
Here is another great telling of the Song at the Sea:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2012, 01:58:06 AM »
Here come some Pesach songs:

The Fountainheads do a Dayenu/Enough....

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:11:23 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2012, 02:15:33 AM »
And our good old friend Moishe sings Dayenu:

And a Klezmer Passover song:

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:27:16 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2012, 02:35:47 AM »
More 'Jewish Passover Music'.... I didn't realize that non-Jews such as Christians also celebrate Passover... Oy vey..

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:47:34 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2012, 02:53:37 AM »
Chad Gadya : One Little Goat...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2012, 03:03:01 AM »
The words to MaNishtanah were the only thing I remembered when I made Teshuva {over eight years ago} and it is still a awesome part of the Passover Seder...

http://www.akhlah.com/holidays/pesach/4questions.php

Introductory Question

Ma nishtana ha-laila ha-zeh mi-kol ha-lelot?
Why is this night different from all other nights?

First Question

She-be-chol ha-lelot anu ochlin chametz u-matza, ha-laila ha-zeh kulo matza?
Why is it that on all other nights during the year we eat either bread or matza, but on this night we eat matza?

Second Question

She-be-chol ha-lelot anu ochlin she-ar yetajit, ha-laila ha-zeh moror?
Why is it that on all other nights we eat all kinds of vegetables, but on this night we eat bitter herbs?

Third Question

She-be-chol ha-lelot en anu matbilin afilu pa'am echat, ha-laila ha-zeh shetay fe'amim?
Why is it on all other nights we do not dip even once, but on this night we dip twice?

Fourth Question

She-be-chol ha-lelot anu ochlin bayn yoshvin u-vayn mseubin, ha-laila ha-zeh kelanu mesubin?
Why is it that on all other nights we eat either sitting or reclining, but on this night we eat in a reclining position?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2012, 03:20:37 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »
Even Robots want to celebrate Pesach:

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2012, 02:08:44 AM »
I had to add this song from Mord! Even though all I know is its about a Rabbi from Uman with a letter. This band has an awesome sound!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2012, 02:36:55 AM »
The song is about Rabbi Nachman of Breslov.... He is a great Chassidic Rabbi who started the Breslov Chassidic sect. Till today his followers make an annual pilgrimage to his grave in Uman, Ukraine. Uman is where my family emigrated from in the late 1890s or early 1900s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbi_nachman

Nachman of Breslov (Hebrew: נחמן מברסלב‎), also known as Reb Nachman of Bratslav, Reb Nachman Breslover (Yiddish: רב נחמן ברעסלאווער), Nachman from Uman (April 4, 1772 – October 16, 1810), was the founder of the Breslov Hasidic movement.

Rebbe Nachman, a great grandson of the Baal Shem Tov, breathed new life into the Hasidic movement by combining the esoteric secrets of Judaism (the Kabbalah) with in-depth Torah scholarship. He attracted thousands of followers during his lifetime and his influence continues until today.[1] Rebbe Nachman's religious philosophy revolved around closeness to G-d and speaking to G-d in normal conversation "as you would with a best friend." The concept of hitbodedut is central to his thinking.[1]

The traditional Rabbi Nachman tune:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2012, 02:51:08 AM »
In Israel Breslovers are known to spontaneously dance in the streets. It is part of Rabbi Nachmans philosophy that a Jew should do anything it takes to maintain a joyful outlook and never be depressed or despair...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2012, 02:58:15 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2012, 01:59:09 AM »
Na Na Nachman MeUman!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2012, 02:14:55 AM »
Rabbi Lazer Brody is a Breslover Chassid...

Rabbi Moshe of Tzfat goes to Uman for Rosh Hashanah:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:33:24 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2012, 02:40:39 AM »
one mo...

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2012, 11:48:22 AM »
Someone tell me the artist/track name for the first track. Thx in advance

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2012, 01:42:08 AM »
I am not sure who sang that.... But here is an interview with Avraham Fried:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2012, 02:21:08 AM »
Here is a sampler of Avraham Frieds new album...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2012, 01:53:30 AM »
Avraham Fried singing a moving 'Modeh Ani/I give thanks'...