Author Topic: More Israeli Hypocrisy : Hagai Amirs Freedom  (Read 475 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
More Israeli Hypocrisy : Hagai Amirs Freedom
« on: May 04, 2012, 04:11:14 PM »
This morning the news contained an item which reports that the brother of Yigal Amir, the person who was charged with killing Israeli prime minister Yitzak Rabin, who was incarcerated for being involved with the alleged plot, has been released after 16.5 years.

Upon his release he is alleged to have said that he has no regrets for what he did. While this has caused many Israelis, including the 'Cheif Rabbi' of Israel, to condemn his statements some on the left have threatened to have him thrown back into prison for expressing such a sentiment.

My observation is this: Israel recently released 1000 arab prisoners in order to secure the release of Gilad Shalit. Virtually all of those prisoners have Jewish blood on their hands and have openly expressed the desire to kill again once they were released {and several have actually already been involved with terrorism activities}. But has a single politician called for those released to be placed back into the prison system? All I can hear are the crickets concerning the arabs who are actively working to destroy Jews and the Jewish state.

Is this hypocrisy? Or is it just downright evil?

Yitzak Rabin was not a saint in my book. His damage to the state of Israel may never be repaired in our lifetime. I believe that the state, and the world, is actually better off without Rabin. While I would never suggest that the PM be murdered I also can see the greater good which came from this event.

If the politicians are really concerned with people murdering other people, they should start by condemning the arabs who have been released and return to their evil plans.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/155460#.T6Q12aTKnng
Israel’s Chief Rabbi, Rabbi Yona Metzger, strongly condemned on Friday the words of Hagai Amir, who was released from prison earlier after serving a 16.5-year sentence for conspiring to murder then-Prime Minister Yitzchak Rabin. His brother, Yigal Amir, is the one who committed the murder.

Amir flashed a “V” sign for “victory” as he left jail and said, “I have no regrets, I’m proud of what I did.”

“Being proud of being a partner in a murder is a shame and a disgrace,” said Rabbi Metzger. “It looks like 16 and a half years were not enough for him to draw conclusions.”

Activists from the right and left of the political spectrum greeted Amir as he left prison on Friday morning. A handful of land of Israel activists who greeted Amir told reporters they believe he was innocent all along.

Activists from the far-left Meretz party held signs with the date of Rabin’s death accompanied by the words “Price Tag” and a picture of bleeding bullet holes.

Amir’s brother, Amitai, wrote a message on his Facebook page condemning all those who protested his brother’s release.

“Enough of hypocrites! You are disappearing. Without roots and without faith you shall wither like a leaf dry,” Amitai Amir wrote. “Paid his debt to society - not when it comes to the Amir brothers. Rule of law and a court - not when it comes to the Amir brothers. Human rights - not when it comes to the Amir brothers, but strength and faith always win in the end. This is our day of celebration.”

MK Avishai Braverman (Labor) called on Friday for Hagai Amir to be put back in prison. “Hagai Amir’s release from prison this morning and his declaration that he is proud of his actions show that nothing has changed,” he said.

“I call for the relevant authorities to see if he can be put back in jail, or if his movements can be restricted in some way,” said Braverman, who expressed concern that Amir could still pose a threat.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: More Israeli Hypocrisy : Hagai Amirs Freedom
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 03:19:01 AM »
Several people mentioned in the article belong in jail, but Haggai Amir is not one of them.