Author Topic: Great old hair metal song!  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Great old hair metal song!
« on: June 06, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Great old hair metal song!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 07:29:46 AM »
I like "The Price"

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:10:35 PM »
That is a really good one, I have not heard that one for a long time! Thank you.

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:28:51 PM »

:::D

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:48:28 PM »
Not bad, but I prefer the likes of Anthrax, Maiden, Sabbath, Slayer, etc. for classic metal, and Slipknot, ICP, Killswitch, Lamb of G-d, etc. for modern. (Korn generally sucks but they have one outstanding album, Untouchables, also.)

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 11:51:20 PM »
About dang time you sucker! Where have you been?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 11:54:22 PM »
Not bad, but I prefer the likes of Anthrax, Maiden, Sabbath, Slayer, etc. for classic metal, and Slipknot, ICP, Killswitch, Lamb of G-d, etc. for modern. (Korn generally sucks but they have one outstanding album, Untouchables, also.)

Maiden was my absolute favorite.  You have to include Metallica as well... not sure if thats considered classic or not.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 01:57:01 AM »
You have to include Metallica as well... not sure if thats considered classic or not.

They are considered classic even though they have newer stuff which is pretty awful.

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »
Welcome back DBF!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 03:39:36 PM »
My metal experience includes:

1) Metallica
2) Judas Priest
3) Black Sabbath
4) Iron Maiden
5) Pantera
6) Alice Cooper

7) Jethro Tull  ;D
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 03:57:05 PM »

1) Metallica
2) Judas Priest
3) Black Sabbath
4) Iron Maiden
5) Pantera
6) Alice Cooper

7) Jethro Tull  ;D

Is that a reference to the first Metal Grammy recipients?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »
Is that a reference to the first Metal Grammy recipients?

Yes, Jethro Tull won the Metal Grammy totally [censored] Metallica...

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1877498_1877438_1877489,00.html

Just look at the picture above. Who looks more heavy metal to you? Well, apparently you were not a member of the Recording Academy circa 1988. The first instance of a category for Hard Rock/Metal, the award was given to the flute-tastic Jethro Tull's Crest of a Knave over Metallica's And Justice For All. Fans (and even some audience members) were rightly outraged, though Tull's record label tried to make light of the faux pas by placing a Billboard ad that read, "The flute is a heavy, metal instrument." When Metallica later won a Grammy for 1991's Metallica, they thanked Jethro Tull for not release a competing album.

I saw the 'Crest of a Knave' tour at Irvine, CA...

Jethro Tull returned strongly in 1987 with Crest of a Knave. With Vettese absent (Anderson contributed the synth programming) and the band relying more heavily on Barre's electric guitar than they had since the early 1970s, the album was a critical and commercial success. Shades of their earlier electronic excursions were still present, however, as three of the album's songs again utilised a drum machine. Prior to the Crest Of A Knave tour, keyboardist Don Airey (ex-Rainbow, Ozzy Osbourne, MSG) joined the band.

The band won the 1988 Grammy Award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance Vocal or Instrumental, beating the favourite Metallica and their ...And Justice for All album. The award was particularly controversial as many did not consider Jethro Tull hard rock, much less heavy metal. On the advice of their manager, who told them they had no chance of winning, no one from the band attended the award ceremony.[17] In response to the criticism they received over the award, their label, Chrysalis, took out an advertisement in a British music periodical with a picture of a flute lying amid a pile of iron re-bars and the line, "The flute is a heavy metal instrument."[19] In response to an interview question about the controversy, Ian Anderson quipped, "Well, we do sometimes play our mandolins very loudly." In 2007, the win was named one of the ten biggest upsets in Grammy history by Entertainment Weekly[20] In 1992, when Metallica finally won the Grammy in the category, Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich joked, "First thing we're going to do is thank Jethro Tull for not putting out an album this year," a play on a Grammy comment by Paul Simon some years before thanking Stevie Wonder for the same thing.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 04:26:54 PM »
When Metallica later won a Grammy for 1991's Metallica, they thanked Jethro Tull for not release a competing album.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 07:15:51 PM »

When I want to laugh I watch that sometimes because it's so cartoony and silly.

There's another one like that I can't remember the name of the song right now but it's set in a school with another lunatic "adult" who gets upset with a kid who likes Twisted Sister.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »

1) Metallica
2) Judas Priest
3) Black Sabbath
4) Iron Maiden
5) Pantera
6) Alice Cooper

7) Jethro Tull  ;D

What about Voivod? 

Since they were also big in the 80s as well.

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 07:28:51 PM »
What about Voivod? 

Since they were also big in the 80s as well.

I never saw them but I did have one of their CDs... I believe it was the one which contained the cover of the Pink Floyd tune 'Astronomy Domine'...

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:49:23 PM by muman613 »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »
When I want to laugh I watch that sometimes because it's so cartoony and silly.

There's another one like that I can't remember the name of the song right now but it's set in a school with another lunatic "adult" who gets upset with a kid who likes Twisted Sister.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 08:56:07 PM »
another funny one!