Author Topic: Executed Israeli Spy Eli Cohen - how much to pay Syria to get his body back?  (Read 906 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
Israeli spy Eli Cohen, gave Israel vital intelligence information that helped Israel win the 6 Day War.
Unfortunately, he was caught and executed by Syria and his body is still being held in Syria.
What price, if any, would a right-wing pro-jtf government be willing to pay to get his body back for burial?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
From what you say it seems you think Israel should concede lands or at least recognize the amalekite sovereignty on parts of eretz Yisrael in exchange for a body of a slain hero. I have to disagree with that. In due time we would annex all the land that is now occupied by Syria and so Eli Cohen's grave would also be rescued and a Jewish cemetery could be set up at the site of his grave.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
I also think we should use accepted practices in war and diplomacy, but always make sure it is means to and end and doesn't compromise higher principles. About 70% of Syria lies west of the Euphrates and much of it has been part of David's kingdom including Damascus and Aleppo. I recall you posted lately the Rambam's halachic opinion which states that every mitzvah which relates to eretz yisrael should be practiced in Syria. That must be because he included Syria as part of the land without a doubt.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
-$1,000,000,000...

but then again Syria doesn't have much money, so I go with KWRBT's proposal.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein