Author Topic: Video Study for Parasha Pinchas  (Read 1897 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Video Study for Parasha Pinchas
« on: July 12, 2012, 01:20:28 AM »
It seems that many people have been reading my weekly video study thread for the Parasha. I certainly enjoy watching and learning, and sharing, and teaching these incredible Torah ideas with all JTF readers. I do believe that through Torah study we are making changes in the upper worlds which we cannot even begin to fathom. Even though we may not see a noticeable change simply by watching one Torah talk I believe that over time it is possible that listening to several teachers relate the themes of the Parasha we can internalize the Holy will.

This weeks Parasha contains a lot of information. The name of this Parasha is Pinchas, and it is the continuation of the story of Pinchas who acted zealously in killing two sinners, Cosbi & Zimri. Zimri was a prince of a tribe of Israel and he boldly had intimate relations with a non-Jewish woman before the eyes of the congregation, and the eyes of Moshe. Even though at the time the people did not approve of Pinchas executing judgement on these sinners the fact is that this zealous act stopped the plague which killed thousands of Jewish men who had illicit relations with the daughters of Midian and that Hashem appointed Pinchas a Kohen {he was not born a Kohen even though he was a son of Aaron}.

Another major theme of this weeks parasha is the second census {counting of the heads of Israel}. And this portion ends with another description of all the various offerings which we make to Hashem in the Mishkan {which we will offer in the Holy Temple when we rebuild it}.

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/2236/jewish/Pinchas-in-a-Nutshell.htm

Aaron’s grandson, Pinchas, is rewarded for his act of zealotry in killing the Simeonite prince Zimri and the Midianite princess who was his paramour: G‑d grants him a covenant of peace and the priesthood.

A census of the people counts 601,730 men between the ages of twenty and sixty. Moses is instructed on how the Land is to be divided by lottery among the tribes and families of Israel. The five daughters of Zelophehad petition Moses that they be granted the portion of the land belonging to their father, who died without sons; G‑d accepts their claim and incorporates it into the Torah’s laws of inheritance.

Moses empowers Joshua to succeed him and lead the people into the Land of Israel.

The Parshah concludes with a detailed list of the daily offerings, and the additional offerings brought on Shabbat, Rosh Chodesh (first of the month), and the festivals of Passover, Shavuot, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot and Shemini Atzeret.

Here is Rabbi Richmans latest talk on Pinchas:

Some good talks on Pinchas from Naaleh.org:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Video Study for Parasha Pinchas
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 01:50:36 AM »
Here is one of my favorite Rabbis.... Today his organization called me to hit me up for a contribution. I contributed because I wanted the 'gift' which was two CD shuirs by Rabbi Shafier...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:54:42 AM »
Another great discussion by Rabbi Chaim Miller on Pinchas...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 02:04:56 AM »
Now for Rabbi Pinchas Winston... A longish 40min talk about Pinchas...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 02:53:21 AM »
Rabbi Wilhelm discusses Halachas learned from this portion..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 03:02:34 AM »
Rabbi Odze gives his impression...