Author Topic: Video Study for Parasha Beresheit  (Read 2170 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Video Study for Parasha Beresheit
« on: October 12, 2012, 01:11:29 AM »
Shalom,

Now we are starting once again at the beginning of the Sefer Torah, the book of Beresheit, the Parasha of Beresheit... This is the story of creation which so many are aware of but so few truly grasp the inner meaning of. Whether one takes the timeline of the creation literally, or whether the events are meant for more spiritual understanding of the human condition, this portion is always interesting to study.

Here is Rabbi Finkelstien trying to explain how evolution fits into the Torah:

PS: I don't agree with everything Rabbi Finkelstien says. Although I don't believe the Torah is telling us exactly what was happening during the creation, leaving the details for our discovery. But the basic truth is a fact of the Torah.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Video Study for Parasha Beresheit
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:13:59 AM »
Here is Rabbi Richmans explanation:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 01:30:16 AM »
The Kabbalistic concepts in our Parasha explained by the animated Parasha:

Another G-dcast video on Bereshit:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:40:03 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 01:56:53 AM »
Another great one by Rabbi Richman:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 02:03:41 AM »
Rabbi Miller with the 'mystical' Torah lessons of Bereshit:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 02:16:49 AM »
On the Haftorah for Bereshit:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 03:11:15 AM »
This is the entire text of this Shabbats Haftorah reading, from Isaiah 42:5-21...

Isaiah
Chapter 42
5. So said God the Lord, the Creator of the heavens and the One Who stretched them out, Who spread out the earth and what springs forth from it, Who gave a soul to the people upon it and a spirit to those who walk thereon.
6. I am the Lord; I called you with righteousness and I will strengthen your hand; and I formed you, and I made you for a people's covenant, for a light to nations.
7. To open blind eyes, to bring prisoners out of a dungeon, those who sit in darkness out of a prison.
8. I am the Lord, that is My Name; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to the graven images.
9. The former things, behold they have come to pass, and the new things I tell; before they sprout I will let you hear.
10. Sing to the Lord a new song, His praise from the end of the earth, those who go down to the sea and those therein, the islands and their inhabitants.
11. The desert and its cities shall raise [their voice]; Kedar shall be inhabited with villages; the rock dwellers shall exult, from the mountain peaks they shall shout.
12. They shall give glory to the Lord, and they shall recite His praise on the islands.
13. The Lord shall go out like a hero; like a warrior shall He arouse zeal; He shall shout, He shall even cry, He shall overpower His foes.
14. I was silent from time immemorial; I am still, I restrain Myself. Like a travailing woman will I cry; I will be terrified and destroy them together.
15. I will destroy mountains and hills, and all their grass I will dry out, and I will make rivers into islands and I will dry up the pools.
16. And I will lead the blind on a road they did not know; in paths they did not know I will lead them; I will make darkness into light before them, and crooked paths into straight ones. These things, I will do them and I will not forsake them.
17. They shall turn back greatly ashamed, those who trust in the graven image, who say to the molten idols, "You are our gods."
18. You deaf ones, listen, and you blind ones, look to see.
19. Who is blind but My servant, and deaf as My messenger whom I will send? He who was blind is as the one who received his payment, and he who was blind is as the servant of the Lord.
20. There is much to see but you do not observe, to open the ears but no one listens.
21. The Lord desires [this] for His righteousness' sake; He magnifies the Torah and strengthens it.