Author Topic: Inspiring Music?  (Read 63426 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Inspiring Music?
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2013, 01:00:37 AM »
Great Metallica song...

(And the road becomes my bride)

And the road becomes my bride
I have stripped of all but pride
So in her I do confide
And she keeps me satisfied
Gives me all I need

And with dust in throat I crave
Only knowledge will I save
To the game you stay a slave

Roamer, wanderer
Nomad, vagabond
Call me what you will

But I'll take my time anywhere
Free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll redefine anywhere

Anywhere I roam
Where I lay my head is home

(And the earth becomes my throne)

And the earth becomes my throne
I adapt to the unknown
Under wandering stars I've grown
By myself but not alone
I ask no one

And my ties are severed clean
Less I have the more I gain
Off the beaten path I reign

Roamer, wanderer
Nomad, vagabond
Call me what you will

I'm free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll never mind anywhere

Anywhere I roam

I'm free to speak my mind
And I'll take my find anywhere

Anywhere I roam
I say!

I'm free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll redefine anywhere

Anywhere I roam

Carved upon my stone
My body lie, but still I roam,
Yeah yeah!

Wherever I may roam
Wherever I may roam
Woah

Wherever I may roam
Wherever I may roam
Yeah!

Wherever I may wander, wander, wander
Wherever I may roam

Yeah, yeah, wherever I may roam

Yeah, yeah, wherever i may roam
Wherever I may roam
Wherever I may roam
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2013, 01:07:52 AM »
HARVESTER OF SORROW:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2013, 01:15:44 AM »
Two more then time to study a little Torah before bed..

How about some classic 1970s Ozzy Osbourne..

NEVER SAY DIE!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2013, 01:27:14 AM »
One more Black Sabbath tune... From 1975 (When I was only 10 years old)...

SPIRAL ARCHITECT

IRON MAIDEN: SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:39:24 AM by muman613 »

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #179 on: November 16, 2013, 10:37:10 PM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #180 on: November 17, 2013, 04:44:17 AM »
Metallica will pump you up, even at 1:45AM...

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #181 on: November 17, 2013, 11:14:57 PM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2013, 02:41:39 AM »
The 1st Rock & Roll band I saw (at age 16 (1981)) was a little band called Styx. This band started in the late 60s in Chicago and had a very popular rock and roll sound... So many years later I still like their music.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2013, 02:57:19 AM »
Wow, that brings back some memories...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2013, 03:10:19 AM »
Some people consider 'Mr Roboto' to be one of Styx's worst albums (we bought them on vinyl back then) but that was the album released the year after I saw them...

Though this old one 'Sing for the day' was a very uplifting tune:

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2013, 01:01:31 AM »
Time for some Chanukah themed music videos:

Ari Lesser's verbal mash-up:

Matisyahu's Chanukah song from a couple years ago:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2013, 01:26:33 AM »
Nachman & ProdEzra Beats Presents 'Sound the Alarm'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2013, 01:38:24 AM »
One of my favorite vids of the season, 'Light is in the Air'..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2013, 01:44:35 AM »
Six13 does an acapella Chanukah song:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2013, 01:53:17 AM »
I had the CD from this band 'Chutzpah' a unique Jewish Hip-Hop comedy group...

CHANNUKKAH DaBOMB

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2013, 02:01:18 AM »
The enigmatic Lipa Schmeltzer's Chanukah song from last year:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2013, 02:10:50 AM »
Here are the 'MaccaBeats' doing an acapella 'Miracle' by Matisyahu...

Sad they had to include that little clip of the Satan at the end...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2013, 02:16:11 AM »
Brand New Chanukah Rap from a new face... Never seen this guy till this year...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #194 on: November 20, 2013, 02:31:35 AM »
Another one which is about the Dreidel which we all play with...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #195 on: November 20, 2013, 02:36:34 AM »
Just ran into this cute video which is a parody of 'Kung Fu Fighting' for Chanukah...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #196 on: November 23, 2013, 11:12:51 PM »
Bumpity Bump...

I don't know if many of you remember this shooting star, Stevie Ray Vaughn was a brilliant performer who's life tragically ended in a helicopter crash in 1990...

Here he is performing on the Late Night w/Johnny Carson show in 1986...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Ray_Vaughan

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2013, 11:19:18 PM »
Another SRV classic...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2013, 11:25:50 PM »
Many a great Guitar hero pays tribute to the composition 'Little Wing' by Jimi Hendrix... Stevie did an incredible rendition of this tune, contributing to the rise in popularity of Stevie Ray...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2013, 11:41:56 PM »
Still listening to music? I am...

I saw Robin Trower a couple of times. This guy gave such incredible performances.

The EPIC 'Bridge of Sighs', the name of the song, and the album...