Author Topic: Inspiring Music?  (Read 66448 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Inspiring Music?
« Reply #300 on: December 04, 2013, 01:35:46 AM »
From 'Moving Pictures' by 'Rush', the song 'Tom Sawyer'...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #301 on: December 04, 2013, 01:44:41 AM »
From 'Rush in Rio' - the epic '2112  Overture/Temples of Syrinx'...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #302 on: December 04, 2013, 01:53:21 AM »
I used to have the Rush in Rio 2 DVD set but I think I lost it.... These two videos were not on the DVD's I bought...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2013, 02:09:53 AM »
Another 'epic' Rush tune, 'Xanadu'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #304 on: December 04, 2013, 02:27:09 AM »
Ok, time to change things up a little bit...

If anyone has watched those Rush videos they should appreciate Neil Pearts drumming capabilities. This gets me thinking about all the great drummers I know of and some I have seen.

Here is my 1st list of drummers (not in any particular order either)

1) Neil Peart (Rush)
2) Bill Bruford (Yes & King Crimson)
3) Mickey Hart (Grateful Dead, Jewish drummer)
4) Buddy Rich (many bands, Jewish drummer)
5) Ginger Baker (Cream)

Let me start with Neil Peart, from the Snakes and Arrows tour...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #305 on: December 04, 2013, 02:39:02 AM »
Here is a sample of Bill Bruford solo...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #306 on: December 04, 2013, 02:50:07 AM »
Mickey Hart has one of the largest collection of international drums and is an expert at many of them...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #307 on: December 04, 2013, 03:01:10 AM »
Buddy Rich.... What can you say?

Here he was in Berlin in 1984:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #308 on: December 04, 2013, 03:11:54 AM »
Buddy Rich just tears up that drum-set and his set is so small compared to Niel Pearts set... Buddy really puts a lot of effort into his style as is evidenced by his sweating.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #309 on: December 04, 2013, 03:20:58 AM »
Last, but most certainly not least... Ginger Baker from Cream doing a drum solo...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #310 on: December 04, 2013, 03:32:34 AM »
One more from Mr Baker then it's off to sleep (got an early Dr appt and I am not looking forward to waking up in the morning)...

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #311 on: December 04, 2013, 05:37:17 AM »
Since I mentioned Ladino music in my last question for "ask JTF" here is a nice Ladino song, "La Mujer de Terach" (The Wife of Terach). I think it speaks about her agonizing in labor while delivering Abraham.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #312 on: December 05, 2013, 02:27:03 AM »
Vangelis, the master composer of Electronica... Here is 'Beautiful Planet Earth'..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #313 on: December 05, 2013, 02:39:38 AM »
Vangelis recorded one album with John Anderson (the singer from Yes)... I had this album on vinyl..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #314 on: December 05, 2013, 02:45:20 AM »
Vangelis's Chung Kuo...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2013, 02:49:29 AM »
One of the ways I became a Vangelis fan is when he wrote the music and background track for the movie Blade Runner in 1982. This movie 'Blade Runner' was and continues to be one of my favorite movies of all times, at least my favorite Science Fiction movie...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2013, 03:01:21 AM »
If anyone has not seen Blade Runner and considers themselves a 'science fiction' fan they really need to get the disc and watch it...

This scene ranks among the saddest, the bad guy is about to die and gives a moving soliloquy....

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #317 on: December 05, 2013, 03:11:05 AM »
One more Vangelis tune, 'Songs of the Sea'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #318 on: December 06, 2013, 02:05:06 AM »
Ok, I myself am in the mood for some relaxing music... I am so stressed out when I consider that my company may be sending me out to Shanghai, China in about 1 1/2 weeks (my boss says 50/50 chance of this). I was so stressed about it I couldn't sleep the other night. I don't want to go to China, call me crazy...

Anyway, here is Tangerine Dream once again...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #319 on: December 06, 2013, 02:16:10 AM »
Purgatorio..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #320 on: December 06, 2013, 02:21:19 AM »
Is Shanghai near the 'Great Wall of China'?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #321 on: December 06, 2013, 02:37:16 AM »
From 'Exit', the song 'Chorozon'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #322 on: December 06, 2013, 02:41:33 AM »
Exit was released in 1981 while I was in High School, I remember these tunes because my best friend at the time and I would listen to this tape while driving around...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #323 on: December 06, 2013, 02:48:49 AM »
Alright, back to the good old symphonic/progressive rock... Yes, and their 1970s hit, 'Going for the One'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #324 on: December 06, 2013, 02:56:19 AM »
Also from 'Going For the One' the song 'Awaken'...