Author Topic: Looks like our forum got attacked again  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Looks like our forum got attacked again
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 11:03:51 PM »
I think Chaim said they have in the past, I don't know why they would want to attack us though ...

Because they are vicious evil leftists who want the blood of Jews.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 11:19:14 PM »
Because they are vicious evil leftists who want the blood of Jews.
So are they the type that think Jews rule the world banking system?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:27:39 AM by אפרים בן נח »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 11:28:18 PM »
I have to admit, I don't feel safe when this crap happens. If those guys can take down JTF, who knows that else they can do to us?

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 11:43:11 PM »
I have to admit, I don't feel safe when this crap happens. If those guys can take down JTF, who knows that else they can do to us?
Did you look at the other things they have done?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 12:07:27 AM »
I am not sure who would attack the forum. I didn't even know that happened, was it over Shabbat? Maybe they do it when they know the admins wont be able to log in due to observing Shabbat.

It it was anons, the thing to consider is that they have no actual membership. They just post messages telling other anons to hack the target they are trying to take down. Then several start doing the DOS attacks until "tango down", they post about it, usually offering a screenshot of their hacked site. They would hack in and take all of your emails and post them publicly. If you use the same email that you use to log into this forum, and you use it on other social networking sites (like Facebook) then they could post that publicly- doxing you for all of them to see. Exposing your Facebook profile (with picture- possibly hacking that too) and post as much information they can get from that one email. They would post it on Twitter and RIC Chats. Typical anon work. Twitter is where they recruit people for hacks because it's the quickest most public way to enlist hackers against a target.

Has that actually happened? Not that I have seen. So maybe it was not the Anonymous collective. A simple search on Twittter would reveal if they did attack the forum. Maybe check on AnonymousIRC or AnonOps to see if they did attack us.

As a precaution, I would urge EVERY member here to change your email addresses to one that you use only for this forum and not other sites.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:04:05 AM by IsraeliHeart »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 12:10:42 AM »
Agreed!

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 12:17:01 AM »
 >:(

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 12:47:30 AM »
A 'DOS' attack doesn't compromise the server nor the email database. It is called a 'DOS' which stands for 'Denial Of Service' which simply prevents legitimate users from accessing the site because it has become over-burdened with requests from 'zombies' who send requests and keep the socket open, using up the systems resources. DOS attacks don't require a lot of expertise and they are mainly an inconvenience.

I know nothing about this attack because I was observing Shabbat today...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOS_attack

In computing, a denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) or distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack) is an attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users. Although the means to carry out, motives for, and targets of a DoS attack may vary, it generally consists of the efforts of one or more people to temporarily or indefinitely interrupt or suspend services of a host connected to the Internet.

Perpetrators of DoS attacks typically target sites or services hosted on high-profile web servers such as banks, credit card payment gateways, and even root nameservers. The term is generally used relating to computer networks, but is not limited to this field; for example, it is also used in reference to CPU resource management.[1]
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 03:36:58 AM »
Why speculate over  information being compromised and needlessly cause our forum to look uninviting to new members... It most likely was some sort of DOS attack or server problem and nothing more...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 06:00:39 AM »
I couldn't access the forum yesterday and it had nothing to do with my internet connection. Probably someone's  miserable hack attacks which ended unsuccessful.

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 06:09:49 AM »

I don't think they can do much even if they hack something. It's not like people here put all their personal information displayed.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 09:09:12 AM »
I'm sure the JTF forum is as safe for it's members as it could possibly be.
The security of the site is of the utmost importance to Chaim and Shlomo.

Also members should show discretion about the information they share with each other or on other sites.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:16:54 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 01:09:21 PM »
Guys, I'm not sure if one of the major ISPs maybe had problems or if routing tables were messed up on the internet but I don't show our sight ever being down or "attacked" so there is nothing to fear. Please refrain from these types of threads.

Why all the panic? Of course the site is safe. Look... for your information, we don't even store your passwords and we use the strongest encryption possible. There is absolutely nothing to worry about. It's absurd to scare people for no reason. No one has "hacked" anything.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim