Author Topic: Ohio man charged with shooting death of a robot  (Read 584 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Re: Ohio man charged with shooting death of a robot
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »
Cool. I can hardly wait until the robots are equipped with weapons and AI and are given the authority to analyze a potentially dangerous situation and open fire if necessary.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 10:46:47 AM »
Cool. I can hardly wait until the robots are equipped with weapons and AI and are given the authority to analyze a potentially dangerous situation and open fire if necessary.

will it be running windows 95?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 11:43:05 AM »
I suppose if you don't mind having your hunter/killers BSOD on you, yeah, any flavor of Windows will do.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »
Leftists will put this man to death; they care more for robots than people
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 12:15:26 PM »
I liked Theobromine's comment. There's no proof this guy was doing anything wrong unless we can get more information. If the police sent a robot into my home to spy on me I'd destroy it if I could.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 01:26:29 PM »
There is no such thing as murdering a robot. Robots are not alive. Murder is the killing of a human.

Regarding shooting equipment sent to spy on you.... I think you have every right to do what you need to do to protect yourself from invasive technology, so long as you are not breaking any laws you should expect privacy.

Oh, upon reading the article it is clear he is not being charged with 'killing' or 'murdering' the robot. He was simply charged with vandalism, which is understandable... It is also understandable that the police used the robot for surveilance considering this guy was threatening to the neighbors... But in the case of surveillance of people who are not in the commission of a crime I think that law enforcement needs to set rules of use, so not to impinge on personal liberty.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 01:46:56 PM »
>>Ohio man’s action is to be charged with damage to police equipment rather than, at the least, attempted murder charges if he had fired upon police.<<

That should be correct.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »
There is no such thing as murdering a robot. Robots are not alive. Murder is the killing of a human.

Regarding shooting equipment sent to spy on you.... I think you have every right to do what you need to do to protect yourself from invasive technology, so long as you are not breaking any laws you should expect privacy.

Oh, upon reading the article it is clear he is not being charged with 'killing' or 'murdering' the robot. He was simply charged with vandalism, which is understandable... It is also understandable that the police used the robot for surveilance considering this guy was threatening to the neighbors... But in the case of surveillance of people who are not in the commission of a crime I think that law enforcement needs to set rules of use, so not to impinge on personal liberty.

I'm sorry spock. I should have known you cannot murder a robot.
Does not compute...does not compute...does not compute...does not compute...**boinnnginngngn**

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14