Author Topic: 80's Sketch Comedy : Who wants to 'roll on floor laughing'?  (Read 577 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
80's Sketch Comedy : Who wants to 'roll on floor laughing'?
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:07:14 AM »
There is a time to cry, and a time to laugh... For me, and those who enjoy 80's sketch comedy from the SCTV crew, now is the time to laugh. Take my advice, this is a short clip, and it is about 65.94% funny and if you don't like it, tough, you can't sue me...

Here is the SCTV presentation of Ben Hur:

Here is a SCTV special 'Hollywood salutes it's extra's":

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: 80's Sketch Comedy : Who wants to 'roll on floor laughing'?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 01:55:58 AM »
Call me anything you want, but just don't say that I don't know what is funny... SCTV, in my most humble opinion, is unequaled in all of Sketch Comedy to this day. Saturday Night Live never even came close to the level of brilliance the writers and actors of SCTV reached. These Sketches ran through multiple episodes with characters which everyone associated with. It was a concept show, where the concept was that there were these people in Canada running a small cable tv station, producing second rate shows for a small town audience.... I think it was brilliant..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 01:59:56 AM »
The Battle of the PBS stars:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 02:05:25 AM »
For those 'die-hard' sctv fans occasionally you can find entire 1hr episodes on youtube...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 02:32:13 AM »
One more...

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 11:43:02 AM »
Nothing like the 80s comedies..nice to relive it!