Author Topic: Drano Bottle Bomb Warning  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Drano Bottle Bomb Warning
« on: April 08, 2013, 02:42:48 PM »
One of my facebook friends posted about this and at first I thought it was a bunch of BS. My initial response was "If this was real the warning wouldn't tell you how to make one". But then I looked it up on hoax slayer and snopes and both sites indicated that this was a real danger to people. I live near a high school and often there is litter thrown out from the kid's cars on our street. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for this kind of stuff.

This is a youtube video that shows what these things can do. It can blow off your fingers or blind you and leave you with serious burns too:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/bottlebomb.asp
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/drano-bottle-bomb.shtml

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Drano Bottle Bomb Warning
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »
Beware the Mentos bomb..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »
Beware the Mentos bomb..

Haha this one is real funny!
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:04:06 PM »
They have been around for a long time, and they are real. Some companies changed the chemical makeup of the drain cleaners, so they won't react with the other element you need...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 10:07:57 PM »
The mentos thing doesn't really look that dangerous at all unless the bottle flies up and hits someone in the face. The drano one is supposed to cause a chemical burn in addition to exploding.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 10:34:18 PM »
The mentos thing doesn't really look that dangerous at all unless the bottle flies up and hits someone in the face. The drano one is supposed to cause a chemical burn in addition to exploding.

Maybe that is because Drano has lye in it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_hydroxide
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14