Author Topic: Kahane Destroys Alan Dershowitz in debate  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
Kahane Destroys Alan Dershowitz in debate
« on: July 16, 2007, 08:46:41 AM »
this is a good audio: http://kahane.hostultra.com/

newman

Re: Kahane Destroys Alan Dershowitz in debate
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 09:01:22 AM »
The crying shame about Dershowitz is that unlike the Judenrats he has made a good defense of the Jewish State in his book The Case for Israel. It's his wishy washy 'let's play nice' attitude and his advocacy of a bollockstinian state that sucks. A respected accademic like him could be an asset if he saw things our way.......damn shame.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:19:53 AM »
I think he's a putz. I started studying Torah Judaism within the last 5 months and I can easily see the flaws in all his arguments.  He has no Torah knowledge (or is not willing to agree that Torah is correct), so he is not qualified to talk about any solution for the state of Israel.  Even someone with the most basic Torah knowledge can see his arguments are nonsense. 

This is one of those extreme cases of arrogance + ignorance, and when mixed with the fact that the guy is a lawyer, it makes him all the more annoying.

He just tries to argue against Torah with legalistic, statistical arguments (lawyer-like arguments) producing what Kahane terms 'Dershowitzism'.

I haven't read that book but after hearing this debate I would assume that 95% of what comes out of his mouth (or pen as the case may be) is pure garbage.  I'll check it out though.

To his credit, he did dare to engage in an organized debate with Kahane, but he was no match not even close.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 09:22:16 AM by MackaB »

newman

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 09:35:03 AM »
Don't misunderstand MackaB, the guy is reform or atheist(same thing,really) so you're right.....he knows squat about being Jewish. The problem is that with two thirds of the population, as soon as you mention the bible they switch off and regard you as a religious kook ( that's how the cultural elite have trained them).

My point is that this guy is a liberal accademic who makes a good, non-religious argument for the legitimacy of Israel ( We know the whole reason for the Jewish state IS religion and Torah......but we're dealing with Mr & Mrs SUV driving, secular West here).I have two separate arguments in favour of Israel that I use. One is biblical, the other purely secular. It depends upon who I'm arguing with as to which one I use. Like I said, mention the bible to a secular person and they switch off then and there.

I just think the guy could be useful in getting the secularists on side if he could be won over.........but there's not much chance of that, unfortunately.

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 12:05:46 PM »
Rav Kahane has destroyed Dershowitz in a number of debates no?

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 12:09:57 PM »
Yes, he did.

Would you like to listen to one ?

I've got a link.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 12:12:20 PM »
Oooops, I didn't notice MackaB was kind enough to have already posted the link.

Offline YESHA

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 12:09:36 PM »
Lawyer Alan Dershowitz does not genuinely support Israel – contrary to his book “The Case for Israel”. He supports the creation of an independent PLO-Hamas-Fatah Muslim terrorist state in Judea, Samaria and Gaza – with Jerusalem as its capital. This is the most anti-Israel position you could possibly take, as he advocates national suicide for Israel. 

Further more, Alan Dershowitz said that he would have represented Hitler, as an attorney and won – getting him off and having him acquitted!  That’s what Alan Dershowitz said. Any Jew who can make a statement like that is the most evil, twisted, sick, self-hating Jew imaginable.

Alan Dershowitz was one of the attorneys who represented O.J. Simpson, the murderer (he murdered two innocent people), and Alan Dershowitz was one of the attorneys who got him off. Alan Dershowitz has gotten black murderers off. Alan Dershowitz has saved the lives of the black murderers on Death Row and has been fighting for black murderers.   Alan Dershowitz is a grotesquely, evil individual, and now supports and is campaigning for Hilary Clinton, by the way. Alan Dershowitz is a complete abomination.