Author Topic: West Hartford, CT - Anti-Semitic Cartoon Probed.  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
West Hartford, CT - Anti-Semitic Cartoon Probed.
« on: July 19, 2007, 01:33:55 PM »

West Hartford, CT - Police are trying to trace the origin of an anti-Semitic cartoon that was mailed to several residents who spoke at a public hearing on the town budget last month.

West Hartford police began the investigation last week after receiving a complaint from one of the recipients. The investigators now are pursuing complaints from three recipients, Capt. Lori Coppinger said Wednesday.

"It's anti-Semitic," she said. "They took it as anti-Semitic."

The cartoon, Police Chief Jim Strillacci said, depicts a teacher and student before a chalkboard with words referring to the 6 million who died in the Holocaust; a book labeled the diary of Anne Frank is stuffed in the student's mouth.

West Hartford Mayor Scott Slifka said he was contacted by several residents who were disturbed to receive the cartoon in the mail.

"I think it's disgusting; it's reprehensible," the mayor said. "It's not reflective of our community values and we won't tolerate it." [courant]

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America