Author Topic: Latest Member-"Atheist"  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Latest Member-"Atheist"
« on: July 26, 2007, 10:52:24 AM »
Our newest member is called "Athiest". Is he one of these wack jobs who believes that nothing can create something-and then tries to pass that off as being "enlightened"?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:59:45 AM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

newman

Re: Newest Member
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 10:58:55 AM »
I was one for 25 years of my life until I woke up. You can't talk them out of it.........you have to wait until they make the realisation.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Latest Member-"Atheist"
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 11:09:57 AM »
Strange name
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »
If he's so conviced and proud of his atheism that it's his screename-I guess we'll all wait as we will explain to us how nothing created something.

I'll wait...
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 11:22:02 AM »
My Father always says  there are no true Atheist.
He always tells me - No matter what people say in life's calm moments...
when you're in a foxhole and bombs are coming your way - everyone prays to God for help.   ;)
That is what he experienced.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 04:31:10 PM »
Lubab, I don't think it is a wise move to belittle him or his name. We should all work together to fight muslims and other jew hating pieces of drek. Being an atheist doesn't make him dangerous to jews and he can very well be a good friend of the jewish people. Chaim himself said on this past week's ask jtf that he doesn't mind atheists being on the forum. Lubab, if you take a look on youtube, some of the biggest bashers of Islam are self proclaimed atheists. It's not like he came on here with a name like Abdul or some Islamic stinky name.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 04:36:47 PM »
I agree, if he does not try to proselytize, we should let him be.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 04:48:38 PM »
My Father always says there are no true Atheist
He always tells me - No matter what people say in life's calm moments...
when you're in a foxhole and bombs are coming your way - everyone prays to G-d for help.   ;)
That is what he experienced.
In a crashing airplain there are no Atheists .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 04:51:10 PM »
Of corurse I don't agree with atheism and of course I am not one. I am jewish and completely believe in it. All I am saying is that atheists are not a danger to jews and should not be antagonized on this forum. Listen to Chaim discussing this on this past weeks Ask Jtf.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 05:08:35 PM »
He's definitely welcome. And I agree we should all work together.

But without G-d, then what are we really fighting for? Do we care about defeating Islam just for the fun of it or because G-d says we should? Now if people who don't believe in G-d want to help? I guess, why not?

Maybe I should ease up, but I just think that being an atheist is plain nuts and it get's me going when I see people that are proud of having that title. He's basically saying to all of us-G-d doesn't exist and that's what I'm all about. And I don't' take that sitting down.

In the media atheists are glorified. I just thought this should be one place where it's not glorified. One place where people are normal. One place where people don't think a world comes out of nothing. 

I've heard Chaim say over and over again-atheism is "insanity" and I think he's right.

"Atheist", if you're reading this: you're very welcome here. I just hope as part of your stay here you might rethink your atheist views.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 08:43:43 PM »
Lubab, I think the fact that Atheist has at least taken enough of an interest in this forum to post here should be viewed as a positive sign.  If he/she was so against religion, then why even post here at all?  Maybe on some level, he or she agrees with where we stand on Judaism and the challenges we face. 

I would also like to remind you of something else Chaim once said on one of the past "Ask JTF" shows.  He mentioned that it was an atheist man who gave the most amount of money to JDL/Rabbi Kahane.  With that money, Rabbi Kahane was able to run for the Knesset.  He wouldn't have been to do so without that money.  I remember Chaim saying that he tried and tried to convince this man but that he had no success.  But I disagree.  I think on some level that man liked and agreed with what he saw in the JDL. 

Just something to think about.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 09:17:14 PM »
You know, I can understand being an agnostic.

Even an agnostic that leans towards atheism.

I mean, you're just not sure. You don't have faith. You're not convinced.

Understandable.

But atheist ?

You're absolutely sure G-d doesn't exist ?

I guess an atheist would counter with 'I'm just as sure G-d doesn't exist as the believers are that He does.'

I just find it hard to believe that anyone would want to categorically state that G-d doesn't exist.

Oh well, to each his own.

newman

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 09:21:58 PM »
In all fairness, I'd still choose a pro-Israel atheist or volcano worshiper over an anti-semitic monotheist.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »
-for any Jew who even thinks their a slight legitimacy that their is no ...G-d (G-d forbid) watch this video. Also for everyone else to strenthen your Knowledge of G-d.

http://www.torahanytime.com/rav_mizrachi.html click on

Divine Information (English Subtitles) Play Download Play Download
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 02:19:42 AM »
Christopher Hitchens, the atheist who bashed Jerry Falwell after his passing, declared that Falwell would be going to hell.  But since Hitchens is an atheist, isn't a heaven or hell against his beliefs?  Didn't he contradicted himself? 

Atheists like to contradict themselves.  Then, when they're called out on it, the defame their opponents, rather than debate. 

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 12:03:38 PM »
You know, I can understand being an agnostic.

Even an agnostic that leans towards atheism.

I mean, you're just not sure. You don't have faith. You're not convinced.

Understandable.

But atheist ?

You're absolutely sure G-d doesn't exist ?

I guess an atheist would counter with 'I'm just as sure G-d doesn't exist as the believers are that He does.'

I just find it hard to believe that anyone would want to categorically state that G-d doesn't exist.

Oh well, to each his own.

On AskJTF about a month ago Chaim said that being an agnostic is also totally illogical. If you're "not sure" if something can be created by nothing-then you're also nuts (or you just never really thought about it).

Sorry guys. If we don't tell the truth-who will? It's nuts.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 01:15:35 PM »
Lubab, I agree with you 100% that being an atheist makes no sense and is insane. But, they are no threat to the jews and they seem to be the only ones with the courage to make anti Islamic videos on youtube besides Chaim.

newman

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »
Lubab, I agree with you 100% that being an atheist makes no sense and is insane. But, they are no threat to the jews and they seem to be the only ones with the courage to make anti Islamic videos on youtube besides Chaim.
I agree. It's silly to worship volcanoes, too  but I'd take a pro-Israel savage (or atheist) over a monotheistic anti-semite any day.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 01:21:49 PM »
Some of the israeli athaists are a super judaism haters, they oppening sites as Chofesh (the site i asked chaim about) and daat emet, those sites are anti jewish and haredi jews in an extream propaganda .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 01:24:02 PM »
Just about all the moral corruption in America today can be traced back to lack of belief in G-d and the atheists. I do think they are a danger to any descent country.

newman

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 01:25:02 PM »
True....but some gentile atheists are very pro-Israel. Meir Kahane(ZT"L) received donations from such people.

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »
Hey, as long as they know where we stand-if they want to give money-why stops them?

newman

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 01:31:45 PM »
I think that just as there are ethical monotheists and evil monotheists (muslims and Gibsons for eg) there are both ethical athiests and evil atheists (democrats and ACLU). For JTF's purposes, an ethical atheist is OK. Would you rather have a genuine pro-Israel atheist/agnostic or a monotheist who comes to missionise?

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 01:38:06 PM »
Problem is that Nazis thought themselves "ethical atheists". Because when the ethics are man-made you never know how it will wind up. If they support Israel I agree with you-but most hate Judaism as much as they hate Islam and Chrisitanity.

newman

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 02:09:16 PM »
Problem is that Nazis thought themselves "ethical atheists". Because when the ethics are man-made you never know how it will wind up. If they support Israel I agree with you-but most hate Judaism as much as they hate Islam and Chrisitanity.

That's a good point, Lubab. And if one has no faith or moral absolute, but a man-made moral system, what is to stop their beliefs changing with the wind?

I see your point more clearly now.