Author Topic: NY Congresswoman Grace Meng a victim of a version of ' Knockout '  (Read 2562 times)

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: NY Congresswoman Grace Meng a victim of a version of ' Knockout '
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 06:42:32 PM »
Yes it's the biggest Asian invention. Ack is just not admitting it for modesty purposes.

I didn't say it was an asian invention.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 02:36:47 AM »
I didn't say it was an asian invention.

I know you'll never admit it. You are too modest.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2013, 11:35:17 PM »
Orientals have given the World so much. They have so many real inventions. China was advanced before European countries ever even made an impact on anything. China has existed for almost 5,000 years. China doesn't have to pretend to be the great scientists like certain other races do. They genuinely have a History to be proud of. In fact, other than China, only the Jews and India have such long Histories.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 12:02:09 AM »
Is it so difficult  for a racial expert like yourself to say East Asian?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 12:09:50 AM »
Is it so difficult  for a racial expert like yourself to say East Asian?

As mentioned in a previous thread, the term Oriental is not meant as any sort of derogatory term. From a Jewish perspective it means people from the east. Also in American use it was quite popular to refer to people from the east as Oriental. I was watching a full episode of the Late Night with Johnny Carson from the 1970s where a commercial for Cup O'Soup said on the container 'Oriental Soup'...

It appears this is still used on cup's of oriental soup as this image demonstrates:

So too concerning oriental food:

So my point is that the term oriental is not derogatory, and I have not heard from my Chinese friends that it is an issue.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 12:18:21 AM »
Oriental is an adjective. As a noun, it is archaic. At one time, "Palestinian" actually referred to Jews--believe it or not. Today that is wholly inappropriate (actually Palestinian is an inappropriate term no matter what, but I digress).

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 12:38:38 PM »
When I was a kid, the first term I heard that referred to their race was Oriental. If I was talking to them or around them, I might say East Asian or Chinese. Americans also generalize and say Chinese when referring to Orientals in general. Maybe because other than Oriental, there is no real name for their race in English. Mongol, the original term is also offensive because not all Orientals are Mongolian. Mongolians actually look different than most other Orientals. Mongolia is North of China and Mongolians conquered Central Asia so they are mixed with the original white Central Asians.

Or people can say yellow when talking about Orientals like we say white for us. But no people are literally white or yellow. Literally white means someone with skin like Michael Jackson, UMM HMM. It's not a normal healthy skin color. Out of all the racial colors, brown is the only one that correctly labels the color of the skin people are referring to. Blacks are also really dark brown. White and Orientals are really peach colored, some tanner than the others. Some Orientals actually look brown. I guess it's because they come from an area closer to the Equator. But brown used in place of a race name only correctly refers to the race of the Aborigines and some Indians and other people from islands in the Indian Ocean, as far West as Madagascar.