Author Topic: Shop and frisk  (Read 511 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Shop and frisk
« on: November 27, 2013, 02:49:36 PM »
There is now a new trend in NYC stores.  Macy's and Barney's have been accused of falsely accousing paying customers who are black and saying that they are shoplifting.  The so-called Reverend Al Sharpton, has talked to the heads of both stores and if he is not satisfied, he will protest not only these 2 stores but all stores.  I don't know when Sharpton's protests will be but, most likely it will be on "Black Friday".  What do you guys think?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Shop and frisk
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 03:00:15 PM »
I think that a store has a right to frisk anyone whom it believes to have been shoplifting. Most store security system have video recorders which is how they know who to stop. If the store was doing it's job it will have the security video and have valid cause to stop those who are leaving the store.

I hate sharpton for his incitement to hatred. He has a track record of being a hateful racist.

"Black Friday" ... LMFO  :::D
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 04:41:37 PM »
I think its horrible to call it black friday. dat be racist. It should be called cracker friday.
What? just because there was a negro stampede at the opening of walmart last black friday?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
Stores should notify their customers in advance (ie by putting a clear sign at the entrance) that they have such a policy. I personally might not patronize such place because I don't appreciate being treated like a potential thief.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 06:55:13 PM »
I think its horrible to call it black friday. dat be racist. It should be called cracker friday.
What? just because there was a negro stampede at the opening of walmart last black friday?

:::D :::D :::D :::D
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline AirGunner

• Junior JTFer
  • עוד כהנא חי
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 08:41:08 PM »
Stores should notify their customers in advance (ie by putting a clear sign at the entrance) that they have such a policy. I personally might not patronize such place because I don't appreciate being treated like a potential thief.

This sounds like a reasonable solution. We, as citizens, don't have the right to shop at any particular establishment and expect them to cater to our terms without honoring theirs. However, we do have the right to patronize businesses that respect our desire to not be treated like a thief.
כִּי בְתַחְבֻּלוֹת, תַּעֲשֶׂה-לְּךָ מִלְחָמָה