Author Topic: Armed school officer saved lives in Colorado school shooting!  (Read 341 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Armed school officer saved lives in Colorado school shooting!
« on: December 17, 2013, 07:34:49 AM »
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=west+jet&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35
According to CNN,

The rampage might have resulted in many more casualties had it not been for the quick response of a deputy sheriff who was working as a school resource officer at the school, Robinson said.

Once he learned of the threat, he ran — accompanied by an unarmed school security officer and two administrators — from the cafeteria to the library, Robinson said. “It’s a fairly long hallway, but the deputy sheriff got there very quickly.”

The deputy was yelling for people to get down and identified himself as a county deputy sheriff, Robinson said. “We know for a fact that the shooter knew that the deputy was in the immediate area and, while the deputy was containing the shooter, the shooter took his own life.”

He praised the deputy’s response as “a critical element to the shooter’s decision” to kill himself, and lauded his response to hearing gunshots. “He went to the thunder,” he said. “He heard the noise of gunshot and, when many would run away from it, he ran toward it to make other people safe.”

Is that why this school shooting received less coverage than most?  It makes me wonder.  That story just faded away.
The only website I could find to mention the armed school officer was the one I linked.
Although, I heard it mentioned in passing on the radio yesterday morning by a talk show host.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:31:12 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Armed school officer saved lives in Colorado school shooting!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 09:14:47 AM »

Is that why thist school shooting received less coverage than most? 

I would say:  absolutely, yes.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Armed school officer saved lives in Colorado school shooting!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 10:31:07 AM »
Good find Bullcat!  :clap:
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.