Author Topic: Rabbi Kahane & the John Birch Society : What is the JTF back-story?  (Read 12665 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Rabbi Kahane & the John Birch Society : What is the JTF back-story?
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2014, 10:00:11 PM »
Huh?  He called it all questionable as far as I know.  Now are you saying the fbi thing is "weird?"  I don't understand this point of view, how is it weird?

Iwasnt "picking" if you agree with me that at first he said it was questionable but now all of a sudden everyone is fine with it.  From his initial post it sounded to me like his friends at chabad were bothered by the behavior.  I just don't see anything wrong with it.  (Likewise about the playboy interview).
It does come off kinda weird... a Jewish rebel worked for the FBI. I don't have problem with it...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2014, 10:07:04 PM »
Yup, I knew exactly what I said! He believed the Russians and became an anti-Semite. ..

I didn't quite understand what you meant the first time around.  But do realize that ford was not Jewish so he didn't turn on "his own people."   I also don't know how true it is that he was antiisenitic only because of the russian fraud because it was already exposed as a forgery at the time he personally published copies of it in his newspaper.  And he continued to spout that nonsense for years.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »
Btw ford is a great example.  The ADL condemned his antisemitism.  So does that mean (to you) that he was innocent?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2014, 10:10:11 PM »
People, regarding the supposed mistress, Chaim has said in past Ask JTF shows that Rabbi Kahane *never* cheated on his wife.  He also went on to say that the Rabbi was very handsome, and that he kept telling Chaim to keep the women away from him. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2014, 10:11:40 PM »
It does come off kinda weird... a Jewish rebel worked for the FBI. I don't have problem with it...

I think people too easily forget that the FBI does good too!  Not just govt persecution of innocents like the JDL of those days

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2014, 10:17:45 PM »
Btw ford is a great example.  The ADL condemned his antisemitism.  So does that mean (to you) that he was innocent?
No! But, from what I found there were Jews in the organization. And some accuse them of being Jews,  and others say they are anti-Semitic. .. WTF?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2014, 10:53:49 PM »
KWRBT,

I don't know why you consistently have a problem understanding simple things.

1) I never said anyone in my community said anything was wrong with what the rabbi did.

2) My rabbi is supportive and speaks only good of Rabbi Kahane.

Having said that, if you read my initial post again, you will learn that my friend who brought this issue up was concerned about it because he himself (A Jew) is a member of the John Birch Society. Of course if you are a member of an organization and you learn a great Jew has tried to infiltrate your organization you would obviously have some questions about it.

It was my hope that in this thread I could learn a little about the facts involved in this event. Your constant attempt to portray my position in a negative light sheds a lot more on your intentions than my own...

I have been working hard on spreading the message of Kahanism to my entire community.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2014, 11:02:40 PM »
KWRBT,

1) I never said anyone in my community said anything was wrong with what the rabbi did.

Having said that, if you read my initial post again, you will learn that my friend who brought this issue up was concerned about it because he himself (A Jew) is a member of the John Birch Society. Of course if you are a member of an organization and you learn a great Jew has tried to infiltrate your organization you would obviously have some questions about it.

It was my hope that in this thread I could learn a little about the facts involved in this event. Your constant attempt to portray my position in a negative light sheds a lot more on your intentions than my own...

I have been working hard on spreading the message of Kahanism to my entire community.

I get you bro. I don't really have time to research them in depth though.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2014, 03:11:02 PM »
KWRBT,

Baruch Hashem, it is wonderful you are trying to spread the teachings of the Rav.

Muman, did my earlier response answer your questions?
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2014, 03:15:38 PM »
Kahaneloyalist,

Yes indeed... I take your word that he was investigating whether the JBS was antisemitic... That was my primary concern because I want to be able to explain to my friend why Rabbi Kahane was involved in this. The other issues (the supposed relationship) was never discussed with my friend.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14