Author Topic: Carla Bruni says her father's Jewish and she's crazy about Israel  (Read 349 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
about Israel       http://www.timesofisrael.com/carla-bruni-crazy-about-israel-ahead-of-tel-aviv-show/ 

Carla Bruni ‘crazy about Israel’ ahead of Tel Aviv show
French singer and former first lady describes her family’s Jewish ties in interview
By AFP April 13, 2014, 12:46 am 1

Email
    Print

Carla Bruni during a previous visit to Israel in 2008 (photo credit: Michal Fattal/Flash90)
Carla Bruni during a previous visit to Israel in 2008 (photo credit: Michal Fattal/Flash90)
Newsroom

Email the Newsroom
    Facebook
    Twitter

Related Topics

France’s former first lady Carla Bruni declared herself “crazy about Israel” and talked about Jewish family ties in an interview published by an Israeli daily on Friday.

Ahead of a May 25 concert in Tel Aviv, the singer, guitarist and former model told the Hebrew-language Yedioth Aharonoth that she hoped to bring both her husband, former president Nicolas Sarkozy, and her son Aurelien with her.

The Italian-born Bruni, 46, told the newspaper that her father was Jewish and that while Sarkozy had a Jewish grandfather he also has a Jewish grandson, Solal, through his son Jean’s 2008 marriage to Jewish heiress Jessica Sebaoun.

“Jean married Jessica, who is Jewish and is the only observant one in her family,” she said.

Aurelien was born in 2001 from her relationship with philosopher Raphael Enthoven, and both circumcised and baptized, she added.

“His father is Jewish and I give him the gift of both heritages,” she told Yedioth Aharonoth.

Bruni said that she had visited Israel twice before; once as a model and once with her husband on a state visit.

“I’m crazy about Israel,” she said. “It’s full of life.”

“Maybe if my husband comes we’ll stay for a couple of days more. I want to bring my son to Israel for him to get to know it.”

Read more: Carla Bruni 'crazy about Israel' ahead of Tel Aviv show | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/carla-bruni-crazy-about-israel-ahead-of-tel-aviv-show/#ixzz2ylOjtTyU
Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:39:54 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03