Author Topic: Nelson Mandella loved the jewish people  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Nelson Mandella loved the jewish people
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 02:06:43 AM »
My mom also teaches English in college and she said the kids in her class don't know how to write properly because they grew up writing on the Internet. They don't know how to indent in the beginning of the paragraph either because there is no indenting on websites. The tab button indents but now on a website. They don't understand that how people write on chat rooms and instant messaging is now the type of writing that should be used in college papers or even on forum and E-mail. Writing on forums is permanent and E-mails also. Chat rooms and instant messaging are less formal but people don't understand. It's even worse when they resort to text messaging. Thank G-d I don't participate in that nonsense. I don't have a smart phone and never will. I hardly even use my regular cell phone. If I use it, it's just for calling. I rather use the home phone because the cell phone gets hot. Home phones with free long distance calling bundled with Internet and cable TV make cell phones obsolete unless you want to talk away from home. But there is no reason why people can't just wait to get home to go on the Internet.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 02:10:26 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                                 :fist:

Madella loved the Jews about as much as most Armenians and Greeks loved the Turks.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 05:03:24 AM »
EJA44,

I suspect we may have a lot in common actually. Your story about your family sounds very similar to mine.

My mothers family emigrated to US in 1890s from Poland and my fathers family from Uman, Ukraine at the same time. They escaped certain death in both countries. Uman, my fathers family, was the site of several massacres of Jews in the 17th and 18th centuries. The Massacre of Uman was one of the most famous. Uman is where Rabbi Nachman of Breslov is buried, he is the rabbi whos teachings the Breslov chassidic sect follows (Likutey Moran) and who study his disciples writings.

See :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_Uman

The Massacre of Uman was the 1768 massacre of the Jews, Poles and Ukrainian Uniates at Uman in Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth by the Ukrainian rebel Haidamak army.

Uman was a well-fortified town that held a large garrison part of Polish troops. This fact made Uman one of the primary targets of Koliyivschyna movement, and, probably, the siege of Uman was planned well in advance. Ivan Gonta, an officer in the private militia of Count Franciszek Salezy Potocki (composed of Registered Cossacks) was accused of connections with haidamakas by local Jewish community three months before the siege; however, due to the lack of hard evidence and the sudden death of a star witness on his road to Uman no formal charges were made. Although Ivan Gonta was de facto the commander of Uman cossacks he was not the most senior in their ranks.

Muman, I wouldn't doubt that we are cousins!  Who knows?  My father's grandfather (my great grandfather), Itzig and my great grandmother Chane also are Ukrainian Jews.  According to the documents I have they are from Odessa, but I have my suspicions of that is truly the city they lived or where they were registered or born.  I'm thinking they are also from the shtetls surrounding Odessa as this area of Ukraine had large populations of Jews living in this area.   Uman is directly to the north of Odessa along the same route and I wouldn't be surprised if our relatives traveled to each others towns to visit each other.     The Cossacks, of course, were brutal and barbaric ethnic group of people who created great atrocities to our ancestors.  I am assuming I probably have some Cossack in me thanks to rapes performed during the pogroms in these villages.

My grandmother's village of Shchedrin (Schedryn), Belarus met the same miserable fate as your ancestors town.   The shtetl was under persecution for centuries by both Poles and Russian who would attack , rob and murder people in the village for various reasons.  My Aunt Gittel was shot by a group of drunk Polish villagers during a pogrom and died in my great grandfather Efraim's arms.    However, as if the pogroms, poverty and persecution by the Tzar, himself, wasn't the worst, the village was completely exterminated by the Nazis during the invasion of Belarus during WWII.  It was reported the village was completely exterminated in 1942; men, women and children were forced to dig their own graves before being shot and buried.  This is not an atypical story for Jewish shtetls invaded by Nazis in WWII.  There is nothing left in the town now but a monument.  I was considering visting the shtetl and trying to see if I can connect anything to the family history sometime in the future.  Not that Belarus is a place I want to go, but I felt it would be done in honor of my great grandfather Efraim.

Amazing, the Jewish Virtual Library has a record of my grandmother's village and shares a little bit of historical information.  It was not a larger town like Uman, so it was not a significant piece of history, although it is significant to me.:
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/judaica/ejud_0002_0018_0_18251.html

My great grandfather Efraim recorded his whole entire life story in Yiddish in 1959, which I later had digitized and translated by a Chabad rabbi into English.  If you are ever interested I can share either the Yiddish or ENglish translation.   If you understand Yiddish, then you could hear the life story spoke directly from my great grandfather.  Although ,the rabbi, really did a great service to me and made a wonderful and easy to follow English translation, although it wasn't exactly word for word translation, but I would say he translated a good majority of it.

The history of Jewish people in the Old World always intrigues and inspires me.  It is good to learn of all the wonderful events and culture that proliferated in our village life, as well as to learn of the pains and sufferings we underwent.
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2014, 10:37:37 AM »
He loved the Jews alright.  He loved to blame them for all of his problems.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2014, 11:53:04 AM »
I was the man who stood outside a reform temple in Johannesburg handing out and protesting Mandellas visit.
Mandella is a great man who never hated jews.He had a problem with Israel in the days of Apartheid Israel supported the South African apartheid regime .
Why was Mandella friendly with all the dictators because they supported him and the ANC in Apartheid times they supplied money and arms to help the ANC.
It is a miracle Mandella did not seek revenge on the white people after the way he suffered.

Chaim your veiw on Mandella is wrong and i would love to debate with you the topic.He loved the Jewish people.

Israel made one mistake after Mandella was released they should have apologized for supporting the apartheid govt in South Africa.

JTF needs to start up centers and meeting in all states in USA people hate us Jews because of sheer Jealousy

Mandela was a Jew hater.
He was a terrorist.
Enough already.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 12:04:12 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                                 :fist:

MADella is rotting in Gehennom for it's evils.