Author Topic: Is Everyone Ready for Shavuot?  (Read 3440 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Is Everyone Ready for Shavuot?
« on: June 03, 2014, 12:17:07 AM »
Shalom,

Shavuot is already quickly approaching. Tomorrow night the holiday of Shavuot begins...

Rabbi Richman of the Temple Institute imparts wisdom of the sages to prepare us for the awesome day.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Is Everyone Ready for Shavuot?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 12:43:29 AM »
Rabbi Shlomo Katz just posted this 'long' (1hr+) talk about Shavuot...

Rabbi Levi Chazen posted this one three years ago...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 12:58:28 AM »
Rabbi Mizrachi on Shavuot/Matan Torah...

Looks like he did it again... I'm about half-way through this video and he has not yet spoken about Shavuot...

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:43:49 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 08:31:47 PM »
Shalom,

I am unable to attend our community Shavuot event this evening... I am pretty bummed about it because I was unable to take the time off from work. But I will be studying late tonight at home...

A few from Aish.com...

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »

Shalom,

I am unable to attend our community Shavuot event this evening... I am pretty bummed about it because I was unable to take the time off from work. But I will be studying late tonight at home...

A few from Aish.com...

Americans have become so dumb down and don't know their history. :'(
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 09:37:28 PM »
Shalom,

A few from Aish.com...

:clap:
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 09:50:37 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about it, Muman :( I hope next year you make it to the community event.

There were several lectures going on where I was. None of the topics interested me. It was all about either about gerut, dairy and sadly there was even a lecture in a shul about Donald Sterling's words! I would have been happy to stay in and study.
There was one lecture that was a little far away in a shul where my bf and I ended up going and even though I fell asleep on and off for the first few minutes, I actually woke up and started to listen to the lecture going on. And I was blown away!! The speaker was a Rabbi Shimon Kessin and he spoke for the entire night. I recommend everyone to check him out! His lecture was powerful.

Here is a short video I found of him online. Talking about the insanity of Iran getting away with what they do and their threats to destroy Israel, Purim repeating itself, and about the insanity of Obama having been elected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdH11_pZKnE

His lectures at the shul was about Israel (if Israel would come to Torah, the arabs would back away), Moshiach, Sinat Chinam and I don't recall the first one (when I was dozing off).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:23:12 PM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 12:29:54 AM »
IsraeliHeart,

Sounds like you had a good Shavuot over all... That is great...

If you remove the 's' from 'https' in the video URL you posted the JTF forum will 'in-line' the video... I have posted the edited link below: