Author Topic: I don't understand  (Read 6183 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: I don't understand
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »
Jews have no place to discuss Jewish thought beside JTF Torah Forum... And even there we have to watch out what we say.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 06:18:52 PM »
Jews have no place to discuss Jewish thought beside JTF Torah Forum... And even there we have to watch out what we say.
Why?  Do Christians on conservative sites, or even JTF, question your religious beliefs? 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 06:55:56 PM »
Why?  Do Christians on conservative sites, or even JTF, question your religious beliefs?

I have considered JTF an exception (so too Arutz Sheva News site) because from the beginning they are expected to espouse the Jewish belief. But here at JTF, as we know, there have been altercations due to differences in core beliefs. I obviously do not want to bring those issues to the fore again as I have respect for all JTF members in good standing. But I do appreciate the ability to post Jewish thought posts on the Jewish forum without much complaint.

The problem I have is that un-affiliated Jews who are leaning right-wing often are caused to question their beliefs when reading the Christian beliefs. This is why I feel a need to inject some Jewish thought into those discussions.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 07:19:36 PM »
Shai and everyone else,

Just  a quick reminder here that JTF welcomes all good pro-Israel, Zionist people.  Some of our earliest, and long term members are Christians like Lewinsky Stinks, Bullcat and CJD.  There's a reason Chaim and Shlomo say that you don't have to be Jewish to join JTF on our videos. 

To respond to the original post, the early Christians were Jews, but Christianity and Judaism separated a long time ago.  So while there are similarities, these are now two different religions that have evolved differently over time.  Naturally there will be different opinions on what some passages of the Bible/Tanach refer to.  We need to just agree to disagree.  And I personally don't care how non Jews on message boards interpret certain Bible passages.  As long as they leave Jews alone, I'm fine. 

Unfortunately, threads like this almost invariably lead to bickering, and end up getting locked.  And no one here likes it when that happens, so consider this. 

Most American Jews, who may as individuals be very bright, nice and accomplished, hard working, educated professionals, are as a group, dumb when it comes to issues concerning Jewish survival as a group.  The vast majority voted for Obama twice.  Many of them would consider JTF a right wing hate site.  So I think there's a way for Jews to say, "I believe (fill in the blank),"  rather than referring to someone else's religion as spiritual murder or convoluted. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »
Lisa,

The problem is that Jews are being lost because we are not teaching anti-missionary tactics. I had hoped that JTF could have filled the gap and allowed us to post anti-missionary videos (targeted at teaching Jews how missionaries go about converting illiterate Jews). I believe it is essential to keep Jewish people Jewish and we are losing more and more every year.

And while it is admirable that non-Jews support Israel what is really needed is more Jews being proud to be Jewish and standing up for Israel which is our Jewish state.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 07:25:23 PM »

There are missionary groups with budgets in the hundreds of millions that almost exclusively hunt Jews online. On just about every other place, its nothing but that.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge