Author Topic: My 'Hatred' of Missionaries  (Read 1326 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
My 'Hatred' of Missionaries
« on: April 02, 2015, 04:06:13 PM »
 :'(

I am sorry to bring this up but I need a forum to express my disdain.

This morning, about 15 min before leaving to go to work, I heard a knock on my door. At first I wanted to ignore it.. But I answered it.

A group of about five missionaries were standing there to 'invite me to an 'event''... I asked what the event was and they said:

"In honor of the messiah giving his life for your sins"...

I laughed a bit and told her I wasn't interested.

They continued claiming he was 'the son of "god"' to which I also laughed and told them to get going. My friend tried to mediate but I got increasingly upset as I pointed to my Mezzuzah and said I was a practicing and observant Jew who did not believe in that stuff.

I refuted both the messiah claim and the 'son of god' claim as they walked away.

I told them it was Passover and Passover has NOTHING to do with a 'lamb' being sacrificed for our sins. Passover has everything to do with liberation of the Jewish people from slavery in Egypt, and the scripture clearly says so. I don't know how these missionaries twist the Passover story to have to do with sacrifice (as the Korban pesach was commanded not as a sin offering, but as a thank offering). The Passover of the Torah clearly has nothing to do with their messiah and it bothers me when they try to suggest that the J-man was the lamb of passover.

Watch Rabbi Tovia Singer explain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu4FTU1np90
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: My 'Hatred' of Missionaries
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 04:20:55 PM »
I apologize to all the good Christians who know better than to try to missionize or proselytize Jews... You are righteous and should be proud of your support of Israel and the Jewish people. We don't proselytize because we believe that if a person feels a calling to come close to Hashem he should make the move himself, no amount of pushing and debate will bring a person to return to him...

http://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge/articles/counter-missionary/missionary-groups-tactics-and-responses/just-say-know-what-qreal-christiansq-believe-about-jews/
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 04:29:25 PM »
Are you sure these were Christian missionaries and not Mormons, JWs, or some other cult? I have never seen regular Christians do the door-to-door thing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 06:09:01 PM »
Are you sure these were Christian missionaries and not Mormons, JWs, or some other cult? I have never seen regular Christians do the door-to-door thing.

I will check. I think they left a 'pamphlet' despite the fact I said I didn't want it.

Offline shai77

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 06:26:09 PM »
Hate the sin not the sinner; they were born and indoctrinated with these beliefs. Whoever created the Jesus story is the one to target with all the responsibility. I think most of these people simply fear death and loneliness and the consequences of sin and want to be resurrected which is promised by Jesus.

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 06:33:54 PM »
I HATE all missionaries, whether Jewish, Christian, or muslim. If I practice my own religion, I want to mind my own business and do not believe anyone has a right to force his beliefs down anyone's throats. In fact, I believe everyone has an obligation to rebuke missionaries in their communities. I would even rebuke a rabbi if I see him proselytizing for Gentiles. If a person does not want to eat, do not force him to.
If any Christian missionary comes to my door, I would tell him to leave. If a muslim missionary comes, I would introduce him to my dog.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:12:22 AM by Smash Islam! »
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 08:16:55 PM »
Sounds like JWs(good people). They stop by my place too. We have good talks, but I believe what I believe, and they believe what they believe. Mormons are usually kids in suits.... Good people as well.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 09:01:05 PM »
One technique that always works when I happen to stumble upon one of these people (usually I am good at totally avoiding them) is just to inundate them with Jewish knowledge, but first straight up say: "Hey I am Jewish, this is not going to work on me". 

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 09:09:52 PM »
One technique that always works when I happen to stumble upon one of these people (usually I am good at totally avoiding them) is just to inundate them with Jewish knowledge, but first straight up say: "Hey I am Jewish, this is not going to work on me".
I do the something. Although I am not a Jew, I tell them my religion is Judaism and I won't talk about Jesus, because I have different views.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 09:47:31 PM »
Why even open the door for them?

Just say through the door that you're not interested.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 09:57:51 PM »

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 02:06:44 AM »
What about Jews for Jesus who are funded by the Souther Baptist Church are they not regular Christians?
Martin AKA Moishe Rosen was an ordained Baptist minister.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 02:08:38 AM »
I HATE all missionaries, whether Jewish, Christian, or muslim. If I practice my own religion, I want to mind my own business and do not believe anyone has a right to force his beliefs down anyone's throats. In fact, I believe everyone has an obligation to rebuke missionaries in their communities. I would ben rebuke a rabbi if I see him proselytizing for Gentiles. If a person does not want to eat, do not force him to.
If any Christian missionary comes to my door, I would tell him to leave. If a muslim missionary comes, I would introduce him to my dog.
Jews & rabbis in particular do not prostletyze