Poll

How are you celebrating Kapo Nazi History Month?

Attending a "shabbat" service with your local lesbian "rabbi"
0 (0%)
Performing some tikkun olam by helping ACORN register some homeless negroes to vote
0 (0%)
Informing on fellow JTFers to Abe Foxman
0 (0%)
Exposing the vast Zionist conspiracy to exterminate the Fakestinians
0 (0%)
Other
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: How are you celebrating "Jewish"-American Heritage Month?  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
How are you celebrating "Jewish"-American Heritage Month?
« on: April 30, 2015, 03:08:58 PM »
So, what is it?  ::) :laugh:

LSDBR

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: How are you celebrating "Jewish"-American Heritage Month?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:48:05 PM »
There is nothing wrong with a Jewish-American history month in my opinion. Jews have contributed to the well-being of this country since it's founding, and we deserve some respect for it.

Just because you don't like those who established it is no real reason to belittle it.

I, for one, find no problem with this. And unless someone gives a reason to be against such a month I would love to hear it.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 04:25:53 PM »
There is nothing wrong with a Jewish-American history month in my opinion. Jews have contributed to the well-being of this country since it's founding, and we deserve some respect for it.

Just because you don't like those who established it is no real reason to belittle it.

I, for one, find no problem with this. And unless someone gives a reason to be against such a month I would love to hear it.
Have you heard Chaim talk about JAHM?

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 04:54:32 PM »

I'm vehemently against it. It's politically correct nonsense and it's an absolute insult to our intelligence. The narrative of Jews in the American diaspora is far more complex than one month. It's quite insulting to have your people's accomplishments relegated to one month. I hate it for the same reason that I hate black history month. Black people may not have much of a compelling history, but it's rather distasteful that a whole month was created primarily to appease white guilt.

I hate anything under the umbrella of political-correctness.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 04:57:55 PM »
there's plenty wrong with it.
why is it ape "HISTORY" month while civilized people get "HERITAGE"?
And Asian month used to be called "Asian American Awareness Month". Just be aware of them.
The only people without a history get a history month.
Remember there's only 12 months. How much can we cover?

Its ridiculous at the very least. But that's just one of the veils. It was meant to DIVIDE!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 05:01:14 PM »

M. You are a brilliant Engineer and very book smart. And a very good Jew.  You make a great friend.
BUT you are a feckn FOOL!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 05:14:13 PM »
And Asian month used to be called "Asian American Awareness Month". Just be aware of them.

Its ridiculous at the very least. But that's just one of the veils. It was meant to DIVIDE!

I agree!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 07:37:22 PM »
There is nothing wrong with it. There would be something wrong if they ignored the Jewish people altogether. I fail to see how it is insulting to Jews to have a month dedicated to remember their contribution. Also how does it divide Jews? I know a lot of Jews and I have never heard a single one complain about Jewish History month. Only here where a bunch of non-Jews complain about it which in my mind is rather strange.

I have no problem with acknowledging other peoples contribution to America and I would expect others to respect the month which is meant to remember the Jewish peoples contribution. There is nothing about this which is against Judaism nor is there anything insulting or demeaning about it.

Still nobody has provided a real reason to be against it...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 07:39:51 PM »

How does it divide? If anything it brings together... Provide an example if you really believe this. And what difference does it make what they call it? History/Awareness/Heritage etc... No difference in my mind. All it is meant to do is to provide a time when the contributions of a people to America is discussed.

Why get so upset about it? Seems dumb to me.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 07:41:18 PM »
I dress up in a white-sheet and hood for White Heritage month..
I eat an egg-roll for Asian History month...
I put up a totem pole for American Indian month..
I sit cross-legged on the floor and do Yogi for Indian History month.
I eat a croissant for French History month.

Whatever..

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 07:46:01 PM »
How does it divide? If anything it brings together... Provide an example if you really believe this. And what difference does it make what they call it? History/Awareness/Heritage etc... No difference in my mind. All it is meant to do is to provide a time when the contributions of a people to America is discussed.

Why get so upset about it? Seems dumb to me.

did someone from russia pay you to disagree?
you are so weird. like I always say: weed, tobacco and alcohol are bad for your brain.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »

The name itself is a reason to be against it. No Jewish organizations call themselves "Jewish-American". Even the National Museum of American Jewish History calls itself American Jewish. We are Jews foremost and even the Bolshevik organizations use Jew as the noun and American as the adjective. I saw a matza box with the stupid Bolshevik month on the back and it said American Jewish everywhere other than the name of the month which said "Jewish-American". It's Anti-Semitic to classify us as hyphenated Americans. Just because blacks want to be "African-American", now they use that stupid phrase for all ethnicities. Why does everything have to be American? Can't people be proud of their own heritage? Why does it have to include American? American is an artificial nationality. It is all the ethinc groups that came here that made it what it is. Why should they try to shed their own heritage and invent politically correct nationality terms?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:50:24 PM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 09:40:38 PM »
I dress up in a white-sheet and hood for White Heritage month..
I eat an egg-roll for Asian History month...
I put up a totem pole for American Indian month..
I sit cross-legged on the floor and do Yogi for Indian History month.
I eat a croissant for French History month.

Whatever..

Now they call it Native American. For Asian Indians they say "Indian-American". I would say American Asian Indians. For American Indians, I would say that or Native American Indians. Speaking of cross legged on the floor and India, I always thought "Indian style" meant American Indian. I remember in kindergarten, the teacher would tell us it sit on the floor Indian style. I also remember singing "one little Indian" in class around Thanksgiving. This was 1987. Can you imagine them teaching that song to kids just 10 years later? How much this county has changed thanks to political correctness.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 09:41:52 PM »
I understand Muman's stand. Jews should be honored in America, and a heck of a lot more than they are! If it wasn't for them and us pretty little Caucasians, there wouldn't be no America.

What bothers me is....honor the people that deserve it! And why the heck is there no Caucasian history month?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 09:44:14 PM »

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 09:45:31 PM »

The name itself is a reason to be against it. No Jewish organizations call themselves "Jewish-American". Even the National Museum of American Jewish History calls itself American Jewish. We are Jews foremost and even the Bolshevik organizations use Jew as the noun and American as the adjective. I saw on a matza box with the stupid Bolshevik month on the back and it said American Jewish everywhere other than the name of the month which said "Jewish-American". It's Anti-Semitic to classify us as hyphenated Americans. Just because blacks want to be "African-American", now they use that stupid phrase for all ethnicities. Why does everything have to be American? Can't people be proud of their own heritage? Why does it have to include American? American is an artificial nationality. It is all the ethinc groups that came here that made it what it is. Why should they try to shed their own heritage and invent politically correct nationality terms?

Another great post!

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 09:51:13 PM »

The name itself is a reason to be against it. No Jewish organizations call themselves "Jewish-American". Even the National Museum of American Jewish History calls itself American Jewish. We are Jews foremost and even the Bolshevik organizations use Jew as the noun and American as the adjective. I saw on a matza box with the stupid Bolshevik month on the back and it said American Jewish everywhere other than the name of the month which said "Jewish-American". It's Anti-Semitic to classify us as hyphenated Americans. Just because blacks want to be "African-American", now they use that stupid phrase for all ethnicities. Why does everything have to be American? Can't people be proud of their own heritage? Why does it have to include American? American is an artificial nationality. It is all the ethinc groups that came here that made it what it is. Why should they try to shed their own heritage and invent politically correct nationality terms?
It should be just American! I'm American, your American, we are Americans! The left is the ones that label people. Why do they see people differently? Because they are racist deep inside!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 09:53:34 PM »
Why can't we just be people? People can say "I'm Jewish", "I'm Italian", or "I'm Irish"? Only when you visit another country does it become necessary to say you're American.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 09:59:50 PM »

I totally remember this! And I grew in a settlement town, we even had PowWow shows every year in school. No one was got pissed about this stuff.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 10:01:57 PM »
Why can't we just be people? People can say "I'm Jewish", "I'm Italian", or "I'm Irish"? Only when you visit another country does it become necessary to say you're American.
I agree.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
did someone from russia pay you to disagree?
you are so weird. like I always say: weed, tobacco and alcohol are bad for your brain.

As I always say, "Stupid people are stupid period".

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 10:30:56 PM »

The name itself is a reason to be against it. No Jewish organizations call themselves "Jewish-American". Even the National Museum of American Jewish History calls itself American Jewish. We are Jews foremost and even the Bolshevik organizations use Jew as the noun and American as the adjective. I saw a matza box with the stupid Bolshevik month on the back and it said American Jewish everywhere other than the name of the month which said "Jewish-American". It's Anti-Semitic to classify us as hyphenated Americans. Just because blacks want to be "African-American", now they use that stupid phrase for all ethnicities. Why does everything have to be American? Can't people be proud of their own heritage? Why does it have to include American? American is an artificial nationality. It is all the ethinc groups that came here that made it what it is. Why should they try to shed their own heritage and invent politically correct nationality terms?

I'm an American, my family has been American for 100 years, and I am proud of it. My father served this country and we have contributed to it greatly. I am not ashamed of this and have no reason to be. Actually I am quite proud to be an American Jew. America has been one of the best places for Jews to thrive since it's inception. I don't know why anyone would be ashamed to be a Jewish American.

Looks to me like this whole thread is a lot to do about nothing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 10:34:26 PM »

Now they call it Native American. For Asian Indians they say "Indian-American". I would say American Asian Indians. For American Indians, I would say that or Native American Indians. Speaking of cross legged on the floor and India, I always thought "Indian style" meant American Indian. I remember in kindergarten, the teacher would tell us it sit on the floor Indian style. I also remember singing "one little Indian" in class around Thanksgiving. This was 1987. Can you imagine them teaching that song to kids just 10 years later? How much this county has changed thanks to political correctness.

I have absolutely no interest in PC speech. As a matter of fact here in my office they know I am 100% against any semblence of PC speech. PC speech requires people to twist the truth. But having a month where Jewish Americans are appreciated is not a form of Political Correctness.

If you are going to recognize other ethnic groups in America you had better recognize the Jewish people.

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 12:10:50 AM »
I have absolutely no interest in PC speech. As a matter of fact here in my office they know I am 100% against any semblence of PC speech. PC speech requires people to twist the truth. But having a month where Jewish Americans are appreciated is not a form of Political Correctness.

If you are going to recognize other ethnic groups in America you had better recognize the Jewish people.

I hear you, but this heritage month is a byproduct of political-correctness.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 01:38:56 AM »
The "Jews" that "Jewish"-American Heritage Month celebrates are, in most cases, worse than Arabs.

When JAHM honors HaRav Meir Kahane (ztl), Chaim Ben Pesach, and similar Jews, then I'll consider celebrating it.