Author Topic: Video games portraying holocaust/concentration camps.  (Read 1328 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Video games portraying holocaust/concentration camps.
« on: August 22, 2015, 07:34:48 PM »
I'm not sure what to make of this, but it appears in the latest release of Wolfenstein: The New Order, there is a section where you are taken to a concentration camp that is using crematoriums and I assume gas chambers that are depicted. While I am a fan of games in general, and I generally am opposed to censorship of video games, I'm wondering if this may be taking things a bit too far? The game appears to be set in a fictional alternative world where the Nazis have won World War II and control the world while your character (A Jewish guy) is awoken from a coma in 1960 realizing the Nazis have complete control. The video game depicts at one point where your character is sent in to a concentration camp to meet a Jewish prisoner, the camps are depicted in a way that the individuals in the camp are not Jews but appear to be of other races such as African, Asian, Hispanic, etc. I assume maybe due to controversy, there was a reason why Jews were not depicted. I can't help but say my wife and I felt somewhat disturbed playing this scene more so than other games primarily because the way the subject is tackled. Your thoughts? Highly offensive or cheesy entertainment?

Please be aware of profanity, violence, and possibly offensive material in the video.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Video games portraying holocaust/concentration camps.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 12:22:02 AM »
I'm not sure what to make of this, but it appears in the latest release of Wolfenstein: The New Order, there is a section where you are taken to a concentration camp that is using crematoriums and I assume gas chambers that are depicted. While I am a fan of games in general, and I generally am opposed to censorship of video games, I'm wondering if this may be taking things a bit too far? The game appears to be set in a fictional alternative world where the Nazis have won World War II and control the world while your character (A Jewish guy) is awoken from a coma in 1960 realizing the Nazis have complete control. The video game depicts at one point where your character is sent in to a concentration camp to meet a Jewish prisoner, the camps are depicted in a way that the individuals in the camp are not Jews but appear to be of other races such as African, Asian, Hispanic, etc. I assume maybe due to controversy, there was a reason why Jews were not depicted. I can't help but say my wife and I felt somewhat disturbed playing this scene more so than other games primarily because the way the subject is tackled. Your thoughts? Highly offensive or cheesy entertainment?

Please be aware of profanity, violence, and possibly offensive material in the video.

Isn't the point of the game to kill nazis?

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 10:24:29 AM »
even the early wolfenstein games were to kill the gestapo.
Sounds great.
But I just wonder what's in the minds of the developers. The kill nazis game series are very popular among neo nazis themselves!
There's a modified verson of DOOM where you run around as hitler. It was developed by neo nazis of course. You run around killing jews and blacks.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 12:57:58 PM »
Completed both the prequel and this one. I enjoyed Old Blood prequel more with a fitting story in the 40's than New order took place in the 60's.
Machinegames are formerly known as Starbreeze btw.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 02:40:19 PM »
Completed both the prequel and this one. I enjoyed Old Blood prequel more with a fitting story in the 40's than New order took place in the 60's.
Machinegames are formerly known as Starbreeze btw.

Well I just finished the level, on the lunar moon base now. After playing a bit further and liberating the camp, I can see the developers intentions weren't to cause offense but to show how evil the nazis are, and being able to kill the nazis and the nazi lady in the game brought great satisfaction and being able to free the people.

The game reminds me a lot of half life 2. I felt seeing the portrayal of the skeleton like bodies in the incinerators seemed somewhat offensive though, I understand why it was put in, but my wife who normally isn't bothered by games or violence felt a bit upset over that part as well. I haven't played the old blood yet but just purchased it for my PC.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 03:09:57 PM »
Old blood has the classic feel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein. It's the closest to the Gray Matter masterpiece.
You can fight the female nazis in this game too. They are called Elite soldiers and they're high rank. 
RTCW is the best in the series > all Wolfenstein games. I've been playing the recent venom 3.0 mod

Offline UncleBourbon

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 04:25:50 PM »
It's good to know I'm not the only gamer here.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 06:58:04 PM »
The New World Order is in all probability the Great Tribulation, and period of suffering in the Last Days.  Revelation 7: 4  Then I heard the number of those who were sealed:  144,000 from all the tribes if Israel.  12,000 from each tribe who were sealed.
Judah
Reuben
Gad
Asher
Naphtali
Manasseh
Simeon
Levi
Issachar
Zebulun
Joseph
Benjamin

They will be the remnant of God's people saved.  These are the ones who have come out of the great tribulation, they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the lamb.  They are before the Throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 06:19:33 AM »
If they depict the Holocaust in a game, better not to play it. They intention might have been educational, but not nice to get entertainment for a game based on such a sad thing.