Author Topic: God works in mysterious ways 2 Hurricanes  (Read 4829 times)

newman

Re: G-d works in mysterious ways 2 Hurricanes
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 09:04:56 PM »
Daniel scoffs:  "...That sounds about as plausible as the theory that Bush blew up the levees..."

What you need, is to read the Book of Daniel!

Sorry, I just don't believe that natural disasters have any type of moral purpose or order behind them. Call me a heretic if you'd like, that's just my view.
HERETIC!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 09:08:16 PM »
Daniel scoffs:  "...That sounds about as plausible as the theory that Bush blew up the levees..."

Sorry, I just don't believe that natural disasters have any type of moral purpose or order behind them. Call me a heretic if you'd like, that's just my view.
HERETIC!

Thank you. Now say it three more times.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 09:11:36 PM »

HERETIC!

I actually tend to agree with you Daniel, but I'm not absolutely positive. :)  I'm still grappling with the extent of G-d's hand in the world today.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 09:12:26 PM »

HERETIC!

No, you managed to grasp that one.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 09:27:09 PM »
G-d controls everything 100%. Everything is in the hand of heaven except the fear of heaven.(keeping mitzvot and keeping away from Averot).

http://www.torahanytime.com/rav_mizrachi.html -listin to the lecture Faith.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/