Author Topic: Ashkenazic and Sephardic  (Read 9755 times)

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Re: Ashkenazic and Sephardic
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 03:58:08 PM »
Actually UR, I meant that as well.  Feminism was around pre-WW2 and pre-WW1.  When one studies the impact on Judaism that all of these Leftwing utopian movments had it is very interesting and saddening.  These things have been going on since pre-the 1500's at one time or anther.  I think even pre-Plato.  All had saddening influence on Jews and Judaism...  More specifically closer to our times would be the Bund which was associated with different "Leagues" "League of the Just" etc. and its followers like Rosa Luxemburg, Karl Marx, Max Lillienthal or Abraham Geiger, founder of Deformed "Judiasm" and that rat years later "Rabbi" Sephen Wise...  If you read up on these groups like Hellfire Clubs which sprouted up all over England and Europe, or groups like the Rosicruscians, Jacobins, Sabbatains, Domneh and the Frankists all were influenced by these aforementioned ideologies and all played an impact on Jews and Judaism....sadly..

I could go on about this subject as it is one that I've studied due to my education in politics and political movements.  It is tragic how this infected Jews and Judiasm. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:08:05 PM by MarZutra »
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007, 01:03:52 AM »
Sephardim are also (as a group) a little less assimilated.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2007, 09:00:15 AM »
  Good for them...  It shows pride in their heritage, being and culture....   :)
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 01:28:46 AM »
a little?
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline KalmanBenMenachem

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 12:32:50 AM »
Rabbi Berel Wein has a tape/CD set you can buy on the Internet called "5000 Years in 5 Hours - The Crash Course in Jewish History."  In it, he describes how various groups of Jews left Babylon for Spain on the one hand and France on the other, eventually becoming the Sephardim and Ashkenazim. 

Rabbi Wein is extremely knowledgeable and a good speaker, and the recorded lectures are quite good.