Author Topic: Haredi Jews to be drafted into the army - your opinion  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Betar

• Junior JTFer
Haredi Jews to be drafted into the army - your opinion
« on: July 02, 2024, 02:34:23 AM »
I would like to know where JTF members are standing when it comes to this complicated topic. Should Haredi Jews do military service, especially with the current situation and a possible war with Hezbollah?

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Haredi Jews to be drafted into the army - your opinion
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2024, 09:41:48 PM »
I also have questions.  I know very little about Israel.  I know nothing about the said type of Jews.

1. Who are they?
2. Why do they differentiate themselves from the rest of the Jews?
3. Who are they loyal to?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2024, 11:12:08 PM »
Rabbi Kahane taught that the Torah ideal is the scholar-warrior.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 02:06:41 PM by Hrvatski Noahid »
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Betar

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2024, 02:49:54 AM »
I also have questions.  I know very little about Israel.  I know nothing about the said type of Jews.

1. Who are they?
2. Why do they differentiate themselves from the rest of the Jews?
3. Who are they loyal to?

They are Orthodox Jews who study the Torah full time and they are funded by the state in order to do so.

That’s how they differentiate from the rest of the country as unlike the rest of Israelis when they became adults they don’t do their military service.

I would say they are loyal to G-d and their community and most of them probably vote for the Shas party (Orthodox party)

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2024, 10:19:10 PM »
  :usa+israel:                                                                                                                        :fist:

Hrvatski, HaRav Meir Kahane ZT’L HY’D
   was right!!!               
                                               :dance:    :dance:    :dance:           

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2024, 11:37:04 PM »
They are Orthodox Jews who study the Torah full time and they are funded by the state in order to do so.

That’s how they differentiate from the rest of the country as unlike the rest of Israelis when they became adults they don’t do their military service.

I would say they are loyal to G-d and their community and most of them probably vote for the Shas party (Orthodox party)

For the sake of Ahavat Yisrael I will refrain from saying what I really think.

They should serve.

Offline Betar

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2024, 08:51:31 AM »
For the sake of Ahavat Yisrael I will refrain from saying what I really think.

They should serve.

Interesting how the opinions on this topic are different even here on the forum. Like your saying, for the sake of Israel they should what makes sense if you ask me and most people in Israel believe so I would say.

On the other hand many still believe they should focus studying the Torah full time though.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2024, 10:44:47 AM »

Only the Sephardi/Mizrachi ones vote for Shas Ashkenazi Chareidim vote for United Torah Judaism which is a union of 2 parties the Chassidic Agudat Yisrael & the Litviish Degel HaTorah

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2024, 10:54:14 AM »
Rabbi Meieir Kahaane,ZT"L,HY"D said that he was in favor of torah scholars that are learning day & night & they should get an exemption but those that are also working should be drafted I will go one further many of these so called yeshiva bachurim & kolllel avreicim are sitting in coffe shops & sipping lattes or head shops smoking nargilot (hookas) these bums who are taking advantage of the systemshould be rounded up by MPs & drafted & also I feel all yeshivot & & kolllelim should have time clocks & the students required to punch in & out every time they enter or exits the building those not keeping to all the hours of learning without a good reason are drafted. My grandsons are religious & serve so can those who are scamming the system & not really learning full time!!

Offline Betar

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2024, 04:09:26 PM »
Rabbi Meieir Kahaane,ZT"L,HY"D said that he was in favor of torah scholars that are learning day & night & they should get an exemption but those that are also working should be drafted I will go one further many of these so called yeshiva bachurim & kolllel avreicim are sitting in coffe shops & sipping lattes or head shops smoking nargilot (hookas) these bums who are taking advantage of the systemshould be rounded up by MPs & drafted & also I feel all yeshivot & & kolllelim should have time clocks & the students required to punch in & out every time they enter or exits the building those not keeping to all the hours of learning without a good reason are drafted. My grandsons are religious & serve so can those who are scamming the system & not really learning full time!!

Interesting, thanks for sharing! A lot of Israelis/Zionists I talk to in and outside of Israel are questioning and are being upset about the fact they don’t serve in the army.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2024, 01:33:43 AM »
Interesting, thanks for sharing! A lot of Israelis/Zionists I talk to in and outside of Israel are questioning and are being upset about the fact they don’t serve in the army.
Agan those of us who are actually observant are not against genuine torah scholars sitting & learning & being exempt from service we are against the bums who take advantage of the system & getting exemptions when they are not actually learning day & night & actually either working or bumming around in coffee shops & head shops!!