Islamic State claims responsibility for second Saudi Arabia suicide bombing
If this is what the Arab Muslims do to each other, just imagine what they want to do to us – the “infidels”.
Attacker detonates bomb in car park of Shia mosque in Dammam, killing four people a week after suicide blast kills 21 at another mosque in east of country.
Islamic State has said it carried out the deadly bombing at a Shia mosque in eastern Saudi Arabia on Friday, the second attack in the country claimed by the group in a week.
The interior ministry said four people were killed when a car exploded outside al-Anoud mosque in Dammam during noon prayers., Witnesses said a suicide bomber disguised as a woman blew himself up in the car park when guards stopped him from entering the building.
Residents circulated photographs of the body of a man believed to be the attacker as well as images of black plumes of smoke billowing above the car park.
Video posted on social media showed the congregation inside the mosque reacting with shock and alarm to the noise of the blast.
Isis named the bomber as Abu Jandal al-Jizrawi and said he had managed to reach his target despite heightened security.
The group claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing last week at a Shia mosque in al-Qadeeh village, near al-Qatif city. It was the bloodiest attack in the kingdom in years, claiming the lives of 21 people as well as wounding almost 100 others.