Author Topic: Why Jews should banish some Jews  (Read 2419 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Why Jews should banish some Jews
« on: October 21, 2007, 11:04:15 AM »
http://www.countercurrents.org/surasky041007.htm     look at this woman from Jewish voices for peace

Subscribe To
Sustain Us

Popularise CC

Join News Letter

Iraq

Peak Oil

Climate Change

US Imperialism

Palestine

Latin America

Communalism

Gender/Feminism

Dalit

Globalisation

Humanrights

Economy

India-pakistan

Kashmir

Environment

Gujarat Pogrom

WSF

Arts/Culture

India Elections

Archives

Links

Submission Policy

Contact Us

Subscribe To Our
News Letter

Name:  E-mail:

Dissenting At Your Own Risk

By Cecilie Surasky

04 October, 2007
Star-Telegram

Last year, I agreed to speak to a Jewish youth group about my organization, Jewish Voice for Peace, and our opposition to Israel's occupation. My talk was to follow one from a member of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, which calls itself "America's pro-Israel Lobby."

A week before, a shaken program leader said the AIPAC staffer had threatened to get the entire youth program's funding canceled if I was allowed in the door. The threat worked, and in disgust, they canceled the whole talk.

Pundits will surely argue for years about professors Stephen Walt and John Mearsheimer's explosive new book, The Israel Lobby, which blames poor U.S. policy in the Middle East on a loose network of individuals and pro-Israel advocacy groups.

But the book, and the response to it, opens up another controversy: the stifling of debate about unconditional U.S. support for Israeli policies.

Why is Israel's increasingly brutal 40-year occupation of Palestinian land regularly debated in the mainstream media abroad, including in Israel, but not here? And why is there an almost total lack of discussion among presidential candidates about the dollars that subsidize this occupation and the American diplomatic support that makes it possible?

In a society built on the free exchange of ideas, as Walt and Mearsheimer point out, one answer can be found by looking at the many self-appointed gatekeepers, such as Abraham Foxman and the Anti-Defamation League, or Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz, who use their Jewish identity as both a shield and cudgel. They work diligently to silence those who question ill-conceived policies of the Israeli and U.S. governments.

Non-Jewish critics, even former President Carter, are denounced as anti-Semites. Special ire is reserved for Jewish dissenters, who are branded as "self-hating" or "marginal," while Muslim and Arab-Americans are easily smeared and even criminalized with charges of supporting terrorism.

Stunned by the stifling of dissent, we decided to start a Web site, Muzzlewatch, to track the incidents. Just as we launched, Stanford Middle East Studies Professor Joel Beinin was disinvited from a speaking engagement at a high school with just 24 hours' notice.

After an unprecedented campaign of outside interference waged by Dershowitz, Professor Norman Finkelstein was refused tenure by DePaul University because of his criticism of U.S.-Israeli policy.

Palestinian-American anthropologist Nadia Abu El-Haj is fighting a political campaign to deny her tenure at Barnard.

Even Walt and Mearsheimer, who are getting plenty of exposure, couldn't have asked for better proof of their point that the lobby works to stifle dissent when an embarrassed head of the Chicago Council on Global Affairs told them that their scheduled speech was canceled. (They did speak before the World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth on Sept. 17.) This was apparently because Foxman was not available that day to "balance" their talk.

(They had initially been booked by themselves. The talk was not rescheduled.)

Many groups that started with the important work of fighting real anti-Semitism now rely on anti-Semitism to insist that to show one's love of Jews, one must offer uncritical support to Israel. They are especially displeased by Jews who believe that enabling Israeli violations of Palestinian human rights is not good for anyone.

Unless this atmosphere of intimidation is confronted, Americans will continue to lack access to information and perspectives necessary to formulate effective Middle East policies, virtually ensuring that Israel and the United States will be at war for many years to come.

'The Israel Lobby'

A podcast of Walt and Mearsheimer's presentation is available at http://podcast.dfwworld.org/2007_09-17_
The_Israel_Lobby.MP3

Cecilie Surasky is communications director for the Oakland-based Jewish Voice for Peace

Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Why Jews should banish some Jews
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 11:11:46 AM »
Shes also on down about the 50th   on this anti-semitic blog

http://www.anu.org/
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 12:55:43 PM »
If that skank Cecilie wants the world to have some "peace", then she should commit suicide.

I'd like to "follow the money" and find out "who" it is that's paying her to be a Communist loudmouth.

Anyone here know the source of financing for "Jewish Voices for Peace"?

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 01:17:36 PM »
How left-wing do you have to be to attack Abe Foxman and Alan Dershowitz for being too right-wing or pro-Israel?
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 01:45:00 PM »
It really is a sad state of affairs when Dershowitz can even remotely be considered 'right wing'.

However misguided Dershowitz's views on the 'peace process' and 'two state solution' are, he does at least attempt to be an advocate for Israel and is extremely articulate.

That being said, during a debate with Rav Kahane, he really got his clock cleaned so badly it was almost embarrassing.

Dershowitz chose during the debate to remind the audience that very few Israelis voted for the Rav when he was running for the Knesset.

"You represent only a tiny tiny minority"; Dershowitz exclaimed from the podium.

To which the Rav brilliantly, succinctly responded in a mimmicking and mocking voice; "Perhaps we should stop being Jewish, after all, we're just a tiny tiny minority."

What a beautiful moment of clarity from an amazing tzaddik and wonderful man.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 02:36:38 PM »
Jewish Voice for Peace, and our opposition to Israel's occupation.

She could be smoking crack
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 03:47:08 PM »
If that skank Cecilie wants the world to have some "peace", then she should commit suicide.

I'd like to "follow the money" and find out "who" it is that's paying her to be a Communist loudmouth.

Anyone here know the source of financing for "Jewish Voices for Peace"?
This is garbage site    http://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 03:53:22 PM »
Geez...why don't they just convert to Islam ?
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »
If I was in charge of immigration her visa request will be the last processed for a "yes." we can't ban them from the state of Israel, but we don't have to let them be the first ones in....
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 06:11:02 PM »
Re:  "... a long time ago I lost all my respect for Dershowitz..."

Well, the chickens certainly have come home to roost in Allan Dershowitz's house!

For years he publicly and privately castigated and demonized Rabbi Kahane and any semblance of Israeli nationalism as being "fascist"; insisting that every maniacal Muslim terrorist had the "right" to a "fair trial" and insisting that every Arab in Israel should be trusted and considered to be a "good person" until proven otherwise.

He was all so certain that Rabin & the murderer Arafat would make a perfect Middle East Peace, and he couldn't wait for Israel to give up as much land as it took to get a signed piece of toilet paper from the PLO.

Now, in 2007, Dershowitz himself is under fire from all of his former "liberal" allies, who denounce him as a "fascist", "Neo-Con", "Likudnik", and, worst insult of all..."A ZIONIST!"

His "answer" has been to author more books whining about "Israel Has The RIGHT to exist", which attempt to mollify those whom Rabbi Kahane warned him would one day betray him and the Jews and call for our demise.

I sometimes ask myself if that little shrimp has ever once tossed and turned in bed at night, trying to stave off the haunting thought that "Kahane was Right!"

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 09:50:41 PM »
How left-wing do you have to be to attack Abe Foxman and Alan Dershowitz for being too right-wing or pro-Israel?

You would have to be completely against any state of Israel existing in anyway, shape, or form. I've come across some people like this, especially the posters on Frank Weltner's nazi youtube videos, assuming that they are real people and not just puppet accounts from that Nazi himself.