Poll

Is it justified to have an abortion when raped?

Yes
17 (53.1%)
No
15 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Abortion when raped  (Read 13369 times)

newman

Re: Abortion when raped
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2007, 04:15:29 AM »
Nobody can tell a rape victim what to do with her body......especially a teenage girl. Childbirth is risky in itselfe. Why should a rape victim face death (even a <1% chance) through no fault of her own.

It's OK to say 9 months out of ones life is not much. For a kid in highschool it is.

A rape victim has already had control of her body taken away once. Society shouldn't do it a second time. The born have more rights than the unborn. That's an established legality.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2007, 07:53:06 PM »
Nobody can tell a rape victim what to do with her body......especially a teenage girl. Childbirth is risky in itselfe. Why should a rape victim face death (even a <1% chance) through no fault of her own.

It's OK to say 9 months out of ones life is not much. For a kid in highschool it is.

A rape victim has already had control of her body taken away once. Society shouldn't do it a second time. The born have more rights than the unborn. That's an established legality.
...and it is not a black and white issue!  It is a grey area.  I admire people who have strong convictions.  I really don't know what I would do even though I don't believe in abortion.   Each woman is different and should have a choice in that case.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2007, 07:11:33 AM »
Hey guys and gals, no one addressed the comments in my previous post so I'll try again.

The morning after pill can be taken up to 72 hours after having sex and works in one of three ways:

from www.morningafterpill.org
  • Ovulation is inhibited, meaning the egg will not be released;
  • The normal menstrual cycle is altered, delaying ovulation; or
  • It can irritate the lining of the uterus so that if the first and second actions fail, and the woman does become pregnant, the human being created will die before he or she can actually attach to the lining of the uterus.

In the case of the first two options, there is no pregnancy so you are not killing an embryo.  Sure, you are preventing a pregnancy but then you need to ask yourself whether you agree with the use of contraceptive devices.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Kiwi

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2007, 08:01:20 AM »
The Morning afterpill is quite often given after the rape kit has been done at the hospital. Problem is 75 % of rapes are never reported.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2007, 02:58:05 PM »
Freedom of opinion and speech does not entitle to speak out for murder without punishment. What if a nazi were allowed to speak out for Nazism?

First off, you're stating a conclusion in your statement that I don't agree with. I think abortion is morally wrong, but don't think it is the same as murder. Also, even if we were to conclude that abortion is in fact murder, we speak about murdering Muslims and there's nothing illegal about that under the first amendment.

Those who speak about murdering Muslims, are either talking about sef-defense (Which is not murder), exceution of terrorists (which would be justice, if the trial is right), or are strongly affected by the ctimes SOME Muslims have committed in Eretz Yisrael.
But how can a person debate whether an innocent child has the right to life or not?
It may be legal to speak out for murder in USA, but it's still immoral.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2007, 03:01:02 PM »

Exactly.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2007, 09:59:39 PM »
Kahane may have been right when he stated that Zionism is not Thomas Jefferson. That may fly in Israel. But this is America where Thomas Jefferson still reigns supreme. So we are all entitled to our opinions and on expressing them.

And with that thought, I bid you all a good shabbos.

democracy, or any idea or ..ism isnt above G-d. G-d is the KING, He is the Ruler and He made rules. People and societies which break them eventually get destroyed - ex- Soddom and Gamora.

I find it interesting how many times on this forum, statements are made that liberals are very narrowminded and absolutist in their thinking and don't allow for dissent. But here is a blatant counterexample of that claim.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2007, 10:05:15 PM »
I agree with newman that mental health has to be considered. Nonetheless, I think generally it should be avoided. If her mental health is so bad then certainly, but if not one cannot excuse an abortion out of inconvenience or other reasons. The only possible excuse for an abortion is the health of the mother
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2007, 11:13:05 PM »
Kahane may have been right when he stated that Zionism is not Thomas Jefferson. That may fly in Israel. But this is America where Thomas Jefferson still reigns supreme. So we are all entitled to our opinions and on expressing them.

And with that thought, I bid you all a good shabbos.

democracy, or any idea or ..ism isnt above G-d. G-d is the KING, He is the Ruler and He made rules. People and societies which break them eventually get destroyed - ex- Soddom and Gamora.

I find it interesting how many times on this forum, statements are made that liberals are very narrowminded and absolutist in their thinking and don't allow for dissent. But here is a blatant counterexample of that claim.

Your point? You are better then G-d's rules and laws?
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2007, 11:17:57 PM »
Look, I love Chaim, however, even if Chaim quotes Torah and says the woman must have the baby, that doesn't change my opinion one bit.  No way should she be forced to have the baby.  No Way!!