Poll

Is it justified to have an abortion when raped?

Yes
17 (53.1%)
No
15 (46.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Abortion when raped  (Read 13274 times)

Offline Groucho Marxist

• Junior JTFer
Re: Abortion when raped
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 01:54:39 PM »
I don't believe taking of life is always murder like with euthanasia. Abortion is not the same as killing one of your co-workers. Everyone says it's the same, and they're wrong. Women who abuse their abortion rights are not criminals, they should be sterilized maybe.

What really confuses me about this pro-life movement is why adopting children from other poorer countries is so difficult. If there's such a need for adoption why not go to a country where they are trying to get rid of children. Are they worried about immunization or diseases? In some blackmarkets, you can just buy children. There's human trafficking. I'm more worried about the orphans who live there than the unborn babies from here.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 02:03:57 PM »
Can we post -birth Abort?Why not.Whats the difference!If a women kills her one month old.She will be tried for murder .If that same women aborts a 12 months she made a choice.Sick huh?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 02:18:58 PM »
Okay, what about a morning after pill.  Apparently it can be effective for up to 72 hours after the rape.  You would not be killing a child since the child has not yet been conceived.  Technically speaking, of course, you can say that it IS murder because, if the woman doesn't take the pill, there's a chance she may become pregnant.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 02:31:58 PM »
Its a woman's choice
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 02:41:03 PM »
Sorry, thats why one should take precautions not to be alone or go somewhere with a guy (not related to you) alone. You dont want your daughters raped? Dont let them go out alone, and be strict on her knowing where she is and with whom, make curfews.

Torah law is Torah law, lets not make new laws - like Soddom and Gomorah.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »
From a Torah perspective, I believe that abortion is only permissible in the situation where the mother's life is in danger. On a governmental level, I believe that the government should stay out of the decision and the process and shouldn't restrict the abortion if the mother chooses to do so. On the other hand, the government should also not fund the abortion as a medical procedure which would only serve to enable more abortions.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 02:45:34 PM »
Sorry, thats why one should take precautions not to be alone or go somewhere with a guy (not related to you) alone. You dont want your daughters raped? Dont let them go out alone, and be strict on her knowing where she is and with whom, make curfews.

Those are good tips but you can't really prevent rape. Anyone can rape a women, heck, he pervert father can. But even if you are raped, that doesn't give you the right to murder anyone (well maybe the rapist).

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 02:49:08 PM »
From a Torah perspective, I believe that abortion is only permissible in the situation where the mother's life is in danger. On a governmental level, I believe that the government should stay out of the decision and the process and shouldn't restrict the abortion if the mother chooses to do so. On the other hand, the government should also not fund the abortion as a medical procedure which would only serve to enable more abortions.

Wrong Daniel.!!! The Govt. is bound to save a life. Why? Just becuase it is the same Govt. who forbids any citizen to save it by himself. Can you imagine a Govt. not forbiddng abortions, but allowing us to use our force to prevent the crime?

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 02:55:18 PM »
If government sends cops to arrest a murderer , then I dont see how the government can allow abortion.

Jews- listin to this lecture- its great and it talks about society, abortion, and how its linked to Soddom and Gamorah.

http://www.torahanytime.com/rabbi_wallerstein.html
go all the way down and download. (but please not on Shabb--at.

10/09/07 Parashat Bereshis/Noach - Spiritual DNA Play Download Play Download Listen Download

The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 02:56:13 PM »

Wrong Daniel.!!! The Govt. is bound to save a life. Why? Just becuase it is the same Govt. who forbids any citizen to save it by himself. Can you imagine a Govt. not forbiddng abortions, but allowing us to use our force to prevent the crime?

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 02:57:21 PM »

No your not.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »

No your not.

Only in a Nazi fascist regime.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 03:04:04 PM »
Of course, why should she keep childe that were "given" to her brutally and in compulsive proceeding.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 03:05:58 PM »
Freedom of opinion and speech does not entitle to speak out for murder without punishment. What if a nazi were allowed to speak out for Nazism?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 03:14:12 PM »
Freedom of opinion and speech does not entitle to speak out for murder without punishment. What if a nazi were allowed to speak out for Nazism?

First off, you're stating a conclusion in your statement that I don't agree with. I think abortion is morally wrong, but don't think it is the same as murder. Also, even if we were to conclude that abortion is in fact murder, we speak about murdering Muslims and there's nothing illegal about that under the first amendment.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 03:26:07 PM »
Of course, why should she keep childe that were "given" to her brutally and in compulsive proceeding.

No one said she has to keep it. As soon as the innocent baby is born she can put it up for adoption. She can't MURDER the baby though, not when its 5 months old in mommy's stomach, or when he is 5 years old, or 15, or 50. MURDER is wrong, and you can't kill someone because they bring you bad memories.

No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 03:30:41 PM »

No one said she has to keep it. As soon as the innocent baby is born she can put it up for adoption. She can't MURDER the baby though, not when its 5 months old in mommy's stomach, or when he is 5 years old, or 15, or 50. MURDER is wrong, and you can't kill someone because they bring you bad memories.
But if she will think it's horrible to feel you have a childe but you don't know him ? What if he is in a horrible family ? How about when the childe look for his past ? etc'.

Why is it murder anyway ?
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 03:35:46 PM »
Kahane may have been right when he stated that Zionism is not Thomas Jefferson. That may fly in Israel. But this is America where Thomas Jefferson still reigns supreme. So we are all entitled to our opinions and on expressing them.

And with that thought, I bid you all a good shabbos.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 03:38:56 PM by Daniel »

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 03:46:59 PM »
I can't believe that the yes out-votes no at this point, and even that there are this many yes's at all.  Abortion is murder unless it is to save the mothers life.  Because the potential for life does not supercede life itself.

I don't see why people chose to overlook these facts and logic.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2007, 03:54:20 PM »
Kahane may have been right when he stated that Zionism is not Thomas Jefferson. That may fly in Israel. But this is America where Thomas Jefferson still reigns supreme. So we are all entitled to our opinions and on expressing them.

And with that thought, I bid you all a good shabbos.

democracy, or any idea or ..ism isnt above G-d. G-d is the KING, He is the Ruler and He made rules. People and societies which break them eventually get destroyed - ex- Soddom and Gamora.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2007, 04:01:05 PM »
I can't believe that the yes out-votes no at this point, and even that there are this many yes's at all.  Abortion is murder unless it is to save the mothers life.  Because the potential for life does not supercede life itself.

I don't see why people chose to overlook these facts and logic.

Well said!

kellymaureen

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2007, 04:08:06 PM »
When you see that earliest of ultrasounds, or hear that heartbeat, there is no question thats a life.
I would give 9 months of my life to give that child a life, I cant say if I would be able to raise the child, but I would make sure that he or she went to loving parents and a good home.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »

No one said she has to keep it. As soon as the innocent baby is born she can put it up for adoption. 

Yisrael, but what if there is a war or famine going on, and nobody is willing to adopt a baby? Would she then be obligated to keep the baby and raise it or would she be justified in laying it by the road for someone to find?

I don't have any objection to abortions. It is very clear to me that life begins at birth. I consider myself a person with the absolutely unerring ear for what is moral. I have qualms about situations that no one else gives a second thought to. And yet I have absolutely no qualms about abortions. I listen to myself: no, nothing, everything is quiet. If the Torah were against abortions, I would think that mine is a peculiar case of selective moral deafness. But it does not. As Dannycookie57 says, the case about a woman who miscarries through the fault of someone else, is the case in point. She is owed a fine, which goes to show that a fetus is viewed as a personal property, not a life. I agree with this interpretation.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2007, 06:28:43 PM »

Tzvi, what' if someone, Gd forbid, breaks into your house..Gd forbid...and everyone is home and subdued...?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2007, 06:30:09 PM »

No your not.

Yes he is!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein